40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi! 47 here. I walk over 10k steps a day and am trying to figure out which Beachbody video to dive into next. Thinking PiYo or P90. Down 25 of 50 pounds, very slowly.

You guys are BRINGING IT!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Dynamic Core"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Rest day today in prep for a 5K time trial tomorrow. We're on a road trip to our old home town and dinner is going to be at our favorite Mexican place. Fingers crossed it doesn't come back to haunt me in the morning!
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    Rest day today in prep for a 5K time trial tomorrow. We're on a road trip to our old home town and dinner is going to be at our favorite Mexican place. Fingers crossed it doesn't come back to haunt me in the morning!

Good luck tomorrow. Take Imodium before bed! ;)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,957 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I did a lovely 90 minute kayak on a lake this morning. Lovely. :)
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, hope all is well. Gam3rguy, the fire jump photo; AWESOME. You are kicking some major can as well as BettyM1017. 90 minutes hot pilates done. OMG, the room was filled to capacity today so the heat was more intense. Have a great everyone.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    MossiO wrote: »
    Hi! 47 here. I walk over 10k steps a day and am trying to figure out which Beachbody video to dive into next. Thinking PiYo or P90. Down 25 of 50 pounds, very slowly.

You guys are BRINGING IT!

Welcome! Congrats on losing 25 pounds! That's awesome!! If you've never done a BeachBody program, I'd recommend starting with 21 Day Fix. Unless you're me. then you foolishly jump right into Insanity, lol!!

If you have done a few before, I'd go for P90X3. Lots of variety. Lots of modifications. And very effective!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    @gam3rguy Awesome run!!

@caramelgyrlk That's some serious Hot Pilates! 90 minutes! That'll kick the core into shape.

Camp Gladiator this morning. This is my 3rd class. I like it. It's a lot like my favorite BeachBody workouts but with a very encouraging group around you. And every class is different and has a different focus. I'm excited about what the month will bring.

I also headed out on the kayak today. There were a few more people in the mangrove tunnels than I would have liked but it was still an awesome day.

Oh, and I managed to sneak in a 4-mile run. Not bad for an old lady!
  • mmmpork
    mmmpork Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'd join but I'm eternally 39 bwahaha... I wash my fruit before I eat it, does that count as eating clean? seriously what does "eating clean" mean and is there legit science pointing the actual benefits of it that can't be explained by just normal weight loss or simply diet diversification?
  • PhatNLazy
    PhatNLazy Posts: 12 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Turned 47 right after arriving back in Afghanistan. Diet and food is what it is over here. So hard to eat right with the food they serve but it also helps with losing weight, plus the gym is pretty damn good. Always looking for inspiration to keep on track. Looking to go from 208ish to 185ish.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Core Cardio"=Done!
  • Netcubus
    Netcubus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.. Thnx for the thread poster.
    Well, im 45. My stable weight for looong time was 134 kilos
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Ran a 5k test this morning. Goal race pace for October is 29:32. Ran it in 29:42 this morning. Getting pretty close!!

Nicely done! You are there already. That old PR is history.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Welcome to all the new cool kids!
    Lifted on the weekend, and was so darn sore, I could barely bend over. Loved it! :D

Spent a busy Saturday canning veggies. I was exhausted by the time I was done. I literally spent 10 hours in the kitchen with one 15 min sit down break. :p But its done!

Committed to clean eating and lots of water for the month of September. If I can get through the month, I may try another, and another...isn't that how this goes? LOL.

I have been around this block too many damn times. Need to stay on track.

• queenbeefox
    queenbeefox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! 41 years old and just now facing the fact that unless I put some serious work into it, I'm not going to get that bod of my early 30s back. I mean, I may not get it back anyway, but I'd take meeting it halfway there. Hoping to lose 15 lbs though 25 would take me to where I was about 7 years ago.

@amandaeve I also go to a Title boxing club and kinda love it. Granted, I'm just getting back into it after a rough 6-7 months of hardly any exercise, but at this point, I'm glad to be back. I consistently find it challenging!

@LoneDaisy I'm right there with you on a number of accounts. Trying to cut and not be hangry is ROUGH. I'm only on week 2 and still figuring out, but hoping that at some point my body (and mind) will adjust. It feels dramatic to target 1200 calories a day right now! Still figuring out what foods are low-cal and filling for me.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Ran a 5k test this morning. Goal race pace for October is 29:32. Ran it in 29:42 this morning. Getting pretty close!!

Nicely done! You are there already. That old PR is history.

Agreed. I'm sure I've got 10 seconds of adrenaline available. :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,957 Member
    Options
    I lifted, today. A 75-minute session. Mostly legs and glutes and hips. So, I will be sore tomorrow.

Also, a wasp stung me on saturday. It sure hurt. :(
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Rip'T Circuit"=Done!