40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @amandaeve I have never done it, but believe I would "enjoy" the workout. Several friends have told me it is the best workout they have ever done.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Dynamic Core"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Ran 3.1m easy. My legs are full of DOMS from lifting two days ago, but they got the job done.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I started crossfit this week. It's frikkin awesome.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,973 Member
    Options
    No workout today. Nor yesterday. But I do get a workout in on Friday and Saturday, and since Monday is a holiday here in Canada, I think I can also get workouts in on Sunday and Monday, too. So, BOOM! for all of that!!
  • mmabry72
    mmabry72 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    45 here. I mostly run, trying to get into the 20's for 5k times while I'm still young enough (funny I know).
    I also do an exercise class (body weight, dumbbell, core and cardio stuff) 3 times a week. I’ve been toying with the idea of adding a day or 2 of heavy lifting at the gym and also I would love to train for a tri, but finding the time to add swimming and biking into my life is a challenge.
    Oh, Does this mean I'm cool now?
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, strength training done. I am looking forward to the long weekend. Have a great day kids.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm not having a full blown "cheat week" but had planned on some gluttony a few times this week after hitting a long labored for goal last Saturday. So tonight I am all in on BBQ and everything that goes with it -plus fried pies at my favorite place. I'm doing the dance of gluttony joy right now.

Be well everyone, but if you can't be well at least enjoy it!
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 39 in a month. Can I slip in here?
  • Djproulx
    Options
    fjmartini wrote: »

There is typically a probationary period for "under aged" cool kids, but since the board members are away, I think you're in!
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • Djproulx
    Options
    mmabry72 wrote: »
    and also I would love to train for a tri, but finding the time to add swimming and biking into my life is a challenge.
    Its not impossible, but takes planning. And of course, it might limit your social life outside of training. :)
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    fjmartini wrote: »

There is typically a probationary period for "under aged" cool kids, but since the board members are away, I think you're in!

Me too, please oh please oh please! I'm 40 in March, and felt pretty bad about just lurking like a lurky lurker for months...

I totally understand the challenge of finding time to train between a full time job (with total of roughly 90 minute commute - either walking to the train station or biking the 11 miles round trip but still), small special needs child and of course actually being with my partner (he's not into the same sort of training stuff I am) as well as the joy of discovering what my body does better now than it did in my much-more-sedentary teens. Really looking forward to insight from people not in their 20s (nothing wrong with them, but uni is nothing like this. And I worked through uni...) while on this ongoing journey!!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard young one :)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Beta: Upper Focus & Core Cardio"=Done!
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Happy Spring Day to those who celebrate that and uhm happy Autumn Day to those who dont. And to my friends in the US happy Fall, just dont hurt yourself (sorry I couldn't resist hehehe)

I've got crossfit tomorrow morning followed by an hour lifting and then I'm doing a photo shoot tomorrow afternoon. In between I have to cook for my blog. Sunday I'm being a couch potato though lol

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    They only had 2 photographers at Warrior Dash on Saturday. I can't find one of me in the mud crawl and this is the best of my fire jump. I think they just skipped me on third lap when I was wearing the helmet. Like " this F&@king dork again." Whomp-whomp.

you are a BEAST!

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Am back from a short vacation. I tried to get a workout in yesterday, but it didn't work out. Had an appointment after work, that took a whole lot longer than I anticipated.

Back to it today. Am going to make September a losing month.

Welcome to all the "young" cool kids and to the guy that runs fast. :wink: