Options

Replies

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Hi Kids, and welcome to all the noobs;

@sdereski - Belated Birthday Wishes!
    @gam3rguy - That inflatable must have made for a wild race finish!

I came close to melting into the pavement on Sunday during a 5k race. Race started at 1pm in humid 90 degree temps. Uncomfortable to say the least. I managed to finish 2nd of 12 in the age group, so I guess the other old guys must have felt as badly as I did.

I'm enjoying the chance to focus on running, now that tri season is done. Cooler weather forecast here this weekend should make it feel great to run and bike outdoors.

That race sounds like our beach race series this summer. Three races, June, July, and August, on the beach, 90°+! Everyone was running at least 2 minutes slower than usual!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    I'm baaaaaaccckkkk! I think I'm finally over this bronchitis! Whew! What a mess! I'm still coughing a little bit, but no more wheezing and I haven't hacked up a lung in a couple of days. Yay! I did a short slow run the other day a rode my bike to run some errands and felt pretty good. So, yesterday I went to Camp Gladiator. Woohoo! I didn't die, lol!

Today is a nice easy run and a race tomorrow morning. I'm back on track!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    QuikDogs wrote: »
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    macclone wrote: »
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    Yesterdays crossfit and today's shoulder workouts

Shoulders too tired to put shorts on I see.

Does the pic offend you?

Men should wear booty shorts more often imo. :)

My 22 year old daughter would beg to differ when talking about any man over 30. And her 56 yo dad???
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Stretch"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Good day kids. Betty welcome back, glad you are better. Love all of the race photos. You guys rock. I don't remember the last time I was this sore from lifting. I am lifting heavier with shorter reps. Walking the dogs came with a lot of oh..ah....lol. Have a great day kids.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Gamma: Speed 3.0"=Done! WOW! that's a LOT of BURPEES!!!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    Work has gotten really busy this month, so I’ve been laying low in here, but I wanted to post a quick update:

5K race day! Goal was 29:32 — which would be a 20-year PR. Finish time (unofficial) was 29:09!

h57ajlwok0dw.jpeg

Awesome time! Congrats!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    Good day kids. Betty welcome back, glad you are better. Love all of the race photos. You guys rock. I don't remember the last time I was this sore from lifting. I am lifting heavier with shorter reps. Walking the dogs came with a lot of oh..ah....lol. Have a great day kids.

Lol! Remember, somewhere between all those oh's, ah's, and ow's is change! It sounds like you needed something new. So, when are you signing up for your next race?!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all the race bling!

@__TMac__ Congrats on the PR! And I love the shirt!
    @BettyM1017 - Well done with the Age Group win. I'm standing by for the Triple Crown post next!
    @caramelgyrlk and @Morgaen73 - You've both reminded me that I'm way overdo to get back to strength training.
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    P90X3 Eccentric Upper and an easy recovery treadmill run for me today. I joined Camp Gladiator last week. It's an awesome program! It's what I think would happen if P90X and Insanity had a baby! Lol!

Anyway, it'll work great with training for my first half in November.

Have an amazing Monday everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    I am back from Ireland. Jet-lagged, but back at work and parenting and general life.

My first workout is tomorrow....wish me luck!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Gamma: Rip’T Up"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Greetings kids....Welcome back Beeps, hope you had a good time. Betty, I am considering an upcoming color run in November. Hot Pilates yesterday. TRX, and lower body lifting today. Heavier and shorter reps is definitely giving me a run for my $ right now. Have a great day everyone.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Gamma: Extreme Circuit"=Done!