40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    CG Bold Week, which is really just a recovery week with a limited camp schedule. However, today didn't feel like much of a recovery! All upper body with weights. Chest presses, back rows, bicep curls, and triceps kickbacks. Doing chest presses with 15 lb dumbbells might not seem like much of a workout, try doing 60 of them...twice...with a killer intermission of pushups! I'm not sure which hurt more, my muscles or my old arthritic hands! Thankfully, the rest of the week really is going to be lighter recovery workouts.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,973 Member
    Options
    Crazy weekend here, there was plenty of activity, but no workouts persay. Still can't go to the gym, stupid cold has been hanging around for a week now! I don't feel that bad, but still a snot monster, so avoiding the gym still. Getting annoyed at this darn thing not just going away (it's definitely going around though).
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    jc5bancwc3kb.jpg

WOW! That is one badass workout! Well done!

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on the bike trainer today. Listened to triathlon podcasts (“That Triathlon Show”, from scientifictriathlon.com). Inspiring!
  • curt40
    curt40 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Love to join the group! Definitely over 40. I travel a lot and looking for tips to stay in shape.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    curt40 wrote: »
    Love to join the group! Definitely over 40. I travel a lot and looking for tips to stay in shape.

Fitness Tip: Just do what @Gam3rguy does.....
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 1"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Great day kids, TRX and Boot Camp done. OMG so many squats between both classes. Thighs and bum are officially jello. I am sure my sweet little boy and I will get into some frolic later. Welcome all newbies. As beeps would say "Boom".
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Basement Bar project:

ijto96xlo991.png

Counter is up:

mwe2u6xjebx7.png

zy331v2dgjuj.png

Chicago bar rail arriving today. Mitering and fitting tonight. Installing the shelving and cutting trim pieces tonight and hopefully staining tomorrow.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cardio 2 & Core 1"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    3.5m treadmill run. 5 x 400 intervals.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 2"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 2"=Done!

...and these. Ended with pull ups. :p

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Daughter suffered a concussion and soft tissue injuries from the drunk driver. Recovery is slow and not steady.

Oh dear. :(
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! You all continue to kill it!

I have done nothing but try and recover from this nasty cold / flu. I better get off my *kitten* soon, or I will no longer be a cool kid.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Morning kids, TRX and Boot camp done. Trainer mentioned that if I think last week session was hard, wait til I see tomorrow's. I smirked, "Bring it". Gam3rguy, peeped out the pics and you know that tire excites my soul. How much weight on the bar? Allen how are you and your daughter doing? I am so very sorry and hope the best for you and yours. Have a great day kids.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    soon
  • __TMac__
    Options
    3m easy run this morning.

Just got back from a business lunch and, without being all angsty about it, I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich (no mayo) and a garden salad (instead of fries). It was what I wanted AND what my calorie and nutrition goals required. Win win. :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Morning kids, TRX and Boot camp done. Trainer mentioned that if I think last week session was hard, wait til I see tomorrow's. I smirked, "Bring it". Gam3rguy, peeped out the pics and you know that tire excites my soul. How much weight on the bar? Allen how are you and your daughter doing? I am so very sorry and hope the best for you and yours. Have a great day kids.
    BOOYAH! bring it! :p

the tire is my therapist and medication! it doesn't care if I beat the H3LL out of it and throw it around. always feel better after. bar was 325#. bar+4 45's and 4 25's.

• macrologger
    macrologger Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Was feeling blah on my cardio day, but went to the gym and did hills on the bike for a half hour. I had a super cool circuit planned, but just wasn't feeling it. At least I got something done though!