40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cardio 3 & Core 1"=Done!

gotta sneak ahead a little. starting tomorrow night, stupid "life" will be getting in the way. need to adjust training for a few days. :s
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Good day kids. Everything is closed due to this snowstorm. I am playing in the snow with the dogs to get in some exercise. Honeybadger great job. Has anyone seen 3furballs? Have a great day ahead.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

gotta sneak ahead a little. starting tomorrow night, stupid "life" will be getting in the way. need to adjust training for a few days. :s

That's smart of you to plan ahead. I hope normalcy returns to you sooner. Where's that beautiful dog?
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Big 15kg PR tonight for back squat. I’m now at 85kg. About 185lbs. Super happy! I’m getting stronger!

Also, dexa results last week showed a 9lb increase in muscle mass in the last six months. All those studies that say you’ll steadily lose muscle after age 55? Suck it. ;)
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Finally back to the gym this morning.

Race weekend was fairly successful - I did what I set out to do, I had fun, and I set the foundation for the year that I can keep building off of. Had a great time, and my one race got chosen to get the "lunchtime podium celebration" this weekend, so got to go do the podium thing for the first time - which was actually a lot of fun :smiley:

I got 2nd (battled for 1st but didn't pull it off) so on the right of the photos
    njx6u2r8pcm7.jpg
    qp49wlz4060h.jpg

Congratulations, HoneyBadger! Great way to start the race season!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    QuikDogs wrote: »
    Big 15kg PR tonight for back squat. I’m now at 85kg. About 185lbs. Super happy! I’m getting stronger!

Also, dexa results last week showed a 9lb increase in muscle mass in the last six months. All those studies that say you’ll steadily lose muscle after age 55? Suck it. ;)

Well done on the squat PR! That's awesome!

Also great news on the dexa scan. Good to know that seasoned citizens can still build muscle!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 2, Cardio 1 & Core 1"=Done!
    that catches me up for this week. still planning on hitting the gym, but may be offline for the next few days.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

That's smart of you to plan ahead. I hope normalcy returns to you sooner. Where's that beautiful dog?

She’s right here “coaching”.
    She’s not gonna be too happy later. She doesn’t like people in her house...or any house...or outside. >:)

• resale3108
    resale3108 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    No kettlebells yesterday; dealing with the anklebiters and sorting them out.
    Today - 45 mins on the turbo; GCN endurance tempo/threshold session. Glad I did it, was suffering with the endorphin withdrawal shakes - which I haven’t “enjoyed” in a long time.
    Now ——- work.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,941 Member
    Options
    Good day kids. Everything is closed due to this snowstorm. I am playing in the snow with the dogs to get in some exercise. Honeybadger great job. Has anyone seen 3furballs? Have a great day ahead.

I have not seen 3furballs in awhile, come to think of it.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,941 Member
    Options
    Exercise this week:

Sunday - badminton
    Monday - stepcardio
    Tues - lifting
    Wed - rest day
    Thurs - yoga
    Fri - unsure. Maybe lifting
    Saturday- stepcardio
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Happy Friday kids. I lifted heavy with emphasis on upper body. Have a great weekend kids.
  • resale3108
    Options
    Kettlebell circuit silliness with cardio in between, star jumps, skipping and such madness.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    30 min elliptical (HR 130-167) and ~80 min ST, lower body/shoulders today.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was supposed to be a fastish 3-mile run, but I put it off too long and ended up doing 30 minutes on the bike trainer in the basement.

Today was supposed to be swimming, but I did the fastish 3 instead, plus 10 minutes of rowing, just for grins.

Tomorrow, swimming, unless I continue this flip flopping of scheduled workouts. I guess we’ll see!
  • resale3108
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    Yesterday was supposed to be a fastish 3-mile run, but I put it off too long and ended up doing 30 minutes on the bike trainer in the basement.

Today was supposed to be swimming, but I did the fastish 3 instead, plus 10 minutes of rowing, just for grins.

Tomorrow, swimming, unless I continue this flip flopping of scheduled workouts. I guess we’ll see!
    Get your butt in gear, get your carcass into your swimsuit and get yourself in that pool!
  • Sparkeysworld
    Sparkeysworld Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi Sparkey here 46
    New to the forums but not to MFP.
    I help many people lose weight in general and also for fitness and BB comps.
    Advice should always be free!
    Feel free to add me or ask any fitness/weightloss related questions and I will do my best to help out.
    Hope you all have a great day. :)
  • __TMac__
    Options
    resale3108 wrote: »
    __TMac__ wrote: »

Get your butt in gear, get your carcass into your swimsuit and get yourself in that pool!

Lol! Yes, yes, I will. I’ve got my gear packed and have checked times at the pool. Thanks for the butt kicking. :)
  • resale3108
    Options
    Turbo trainer: 45 mins, over/under FTP; Av HR 146, Max HR 175
    Basically over, under, over under..etc., etc until I was down and out - for the count! Jolly good fun it was, too!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    Swim accomplished. 30 minutes, 1200 meters.

Also went to the dog park with the puppy. There was much chasing, fetching, sniffing of butts, and disgusting tennis balls. And on a cool, sunny, breezy day. So great!