40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• jrbovee20
    jrbovee20 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just recently joined the "over the hill" group and looking for fitness and dieting friends. About a month before the big day, I decided to take my health a little more serious rather than for granted. Looking forward to meeting some new people and your insight to better health.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    Lifted heavy after work....haven't done the "after work lifting" for many years. Boy, did I KILL IT. Seriously, I was banging iron around like, well, IronMan!

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo.

But I am FEELING all the swells, now....so, will down some advil and find my couch.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start-Cardio 1 & Core 1"=Done!
  • howan
    howan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Rebooting after a looooong break. My goal is to get into the habit of daily exercise and really (no I mean it!) cut the crap out of my diet. Today I did the P90 Fat Burning Express workout and I'm about to shower and go for a 1/2 walk as I do errands. Well done to everyone who has worked out today!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Swimming. 900 yds, alternating fast and slow laps, with the occasional breaststroke lap thrown in for variety.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Dragging a bit today. Did a step test on the bike Wed night to measure fitness improvements over the last 8 weeks. It wasn't a long test, 15 minute easy spin warm up, then 2 minute blocks, starting at 120 watts and increasing power by 20 watts each block until failure. Failed at 300 watts. I think I'm still recovering since I"ve struggled through both a swim and a run since then. I have an easy recovery swim today, so that will help.

Started adding back a bit more running since I'm registered for a half marathon in 6 weeks. The trip to Las Vegas will be fun, but I'm really not expecting much from the race. ;)

Stay cool.
  • __TMac__
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Dragging a bit today. Did a step test on the bike Wed night to measure fitness improvements over the last 8 weeks. It wasn't a long test, 15 minute easy spin warm up, then 2 minute blocks, starting at 120 watts and increasing power by 20 watts each block until failure. Failed at 300 watts. I think I'm still recovering since I"ve struggled through both a swim and a run since then. I have an easy recovery swim today, so that will help.

I used to do this sort of building power test on the rowing machine when I was training for races. There’s no faster way to incapacitate me for multiple days. It’s a killer. Rest up!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    It's still recovery week here so yesterday was a nice easy 5- mile run and a round of disc golf. I'm looking forward to today's mobility workout. Just an hour of stretching and dynamic movement to keep everything moving properly.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 2"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    3-mile easy run on the MUP. They recently extended our section, and it was stupidly exciting to run on it for the first time. And a little creepy — it goes through a carnival ride storage area. I kept looking for homicidal clowns.
  • MarcA1218
    MarcA1218 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Quit the gym today for home and outdoor workouts, only went a hand full of times since I joined, so I've been wasting money the last year thinking I would get more into it, but the only thing there I used was the treadmill then I'd leave.I have a spin bike, weights, rope, bands, DVDs, stepper at home I think I'm covered and I love the outdoors walking . This is my plan for dropping the pounds, so many wonderful examples here of success and sticking to it hope it runs off on me. Goodnight all ☺

I agree. My wife still go to the gym, mostly for the classes. But I am not joining s gym for the same reason as you. I got s treadmill for Father’s Day and since then I have been pretty consistent using it. I have weights & bands and sometime play basketball with my boys and feel better about my workouts then when I was in the gym. It’s not for everyone and sounds like you are on the right track.
  • MarcA1218
    MarcA1218 Posts: 570 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    :s This happened today...it was not fun...not one bit. :s:s
    1z5yghmvszui.png
    v37r7xnduvfx.png
    k38f4qb1xr6i.png

If you ask me a 10 mi run is a great thing. I go to the park by there every now and then with my family but I walk. (Not a big runner except on my treadmill or if I am “running late” j/k) I try to do something everyday even if work kicks my ars. Good job man keep moving forward.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    Saturday step-cardio in-and-done. Felt great.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    We had a special Saturday CG today. Awesome workout! Bear crawls, back peddles, broad jumps, sprints, burpees, jump squats...I really do enjoy working out outside!
  • howan
    howan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Took yesterday off (ate well, at least), but today moved up to P90 3-4 (circuit). Feel great! Makes the inch of snow on the ground almost bearable :)
  • Djproulx
    Options
    xiokohov5ty3.jpg
    namiexpck6dw.jpg

Been riding indoors longer then expected this winter, given the recent snow and cold. Have put over 60 hours on the new bike, but not even one foot has been ridden outdoors, lol. At least I did some clean up work in the basement to make the indoor riding hours more bearable.

I'm happy with my riding results this winter, but I'm VERY ready to move outside. Come on, Spring!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    Djproulx, your pain cave doesn’t look very painful. ;)

5-mile run. This is my long run so it was slow. But I realized that my LSD pace is exactly what my race pace was three years ago. So that’s cool.

I also learned that sticky buns with bacon are not a good pre-race breakfast for me.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest, Shoulders and Tris at the gym this morning! then across the street to the theater to see Tomb Raider!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    MarcA1218 wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    :s This happened today...it was not fun...not one bit. :s:s
    1z5yghmvszui.png
    v37r7xnduvfx.png
    k38f4qb1xr6i.png

If you ask me a 10 mi run is a great thing. I go to the park by there every now and then with my family but I walk. (Not a big runner except on my treadmill or if I am “running late” j/k) I try to do something everyday even if work kicks my ars. Good job man keep moving forward.

thanks. it was just HOT that day. SOOOOO not a summer person. if it was November year round, i'd be happy!

so, a local? there's a few good small parks nearby. I actually would prefer Tyler or Washington's Crossing (not so much Core Creek...we always get deer ticks there). sometimes Bowman's Tower! my dog thinks they're all her big yard!!
  • Djproulx
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    Djproulx, your pain cave doesn’t look very painful. ;)

5-mile run. This is my long run so it was slow. But I realized that my LSD pace is exactly what my race pace was three years ago. So that’s cool.

I also learned that sticky buns with bacon are not a good pre-race breakfast for me.

I'd say eat the food and skip the run. :)

The pain cave is deceiving....Its very pleasant when I'm down there stretching and enjoying my yoga/foam rolling/ stretching playlist. But as soon as I step on the bike mat and begin flipping through my cycling playlists I get an uneasy feeling, kind of like the apprehension you feel when you hear the theme music from the movie "Jaws", lol.