40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @BettyM1017 Congrats on the second place age group finish!! Running on sand is TOUGH.

I love the "bling holder". I'm looking at my tangled pile of race bibs and finisher medals........and thinking that I need to follow your lead.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    @BettyM1017 CONGRATS! bling looks awesome! gonna get me one of those Warrior Dash cubes next week!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Nobody over 40 is cool. Maybe we can lose weight however.

@TrafficCory you have obviously never seen a @gam3rguy post with pictures......

LOL! I'm about the WORST example to use for "cool". :p
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    HIIT + 2 hour walk done
  • Djproulx
    Options
    @gam3rguy ....what is this "running" thing of which you speak? 10 miles of trails is a nice piece of work.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    @gam3rguy Awesome run! Enjoy the Warrior Dash. I loved it. For you it's going to be a walk in the park.
  • yweight1969
    yweight1969 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Quit the gym today for home and outdoor workouts, only went a hand full of times since I joined, so I've been wasting money the last year thinking I would get more into it, but the only thing there I used was the treadmill then I'd leave.I have a spin bike, weights, rope, bands, DVDs, stepper at home I think I'm covered and I love the outdoors walking . This is my plan for dropping the pounds, so many wonderful examples here of success and sticking to it hope it runs off on me. Goodnight all ☺
  • yweight1969
    Options
    Rubs off not run off
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Stretch"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    @gam3rguy Awesome run! Enjoy the Warrior Dash. I loved it. For you it's going to be a walk in the park.

i did it last year. it was a lot of fun. last year's medal was a wall mountable bottle opener.

• Cris4117
    Cris4117 Posts: 0 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am 49yrs old and would like to join.
  • cara_angel
    cara_angel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi. I'm 45 and struggling to lose all the extra weight. I've picked up about 8kgs this year, mostly due to not eating and exercising enough. looking forward to the journey ahead.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Ran 3 fast miles, followed by some lifting. Hubs joined me at the gym, which is rare, so that was nice.
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    This thread is so fun! Seeing all these activities people are doing and goals people have is inspiring.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Backed off the high mileage this weekend and changed things up with a race simulation effort. It was a beautiful morning, sunny with low humidity. Four of us started with an open water swim, then rode a 2 hour bike course, finishing with an hour run. Felt pretty good to push the pace. Rest day tomorrow. :)
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    @yweight1969 You sound like you have a very good plan. I love working out at home. No waiting for equipment and no worrying about what you're wearing. Enjoy the journey!
  • yweight1969
    Options
    Thank you@BettyM1017 what home work do you do?