40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    I am glad your surgery is over, gam3rguy. Recovery is the right side of "surgery" to be on. :)

I am a cardio queen this week....did a cardio class on Monday, walked 6.5 km yesterday and did an advanced step-cardio class, today.

Now, I really do need to hit the weights because I am trying to lose FAT this summer and I don't want to be reducing my precious muscles!

thanks. I'm a little stir crazy this week. I can get back to cardio, core and legs next week. :s
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I spent 3 days moving people this past week...so I'm laying off the weights in favor of cardio so my carpal tunnel can heal. I will be back at the weights in August!!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, it's been a long time since I popped in. Hope all is well. Gam3rguy, I know you are ready to start working out again. I wish you a speedy recovery. Beeps how are you doing? To catch you up, I left my gym and started powerlifting in January. I love it. Wish I had the courage to do it sooner. Have a great night everyone.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Happy Monday kids, hope all is well. I had deadlifts and bench both yesterday and today. Finally found a local company who could fit me for knee sleeves. Have a great day kids.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    Hi caramel - how come you had to leave your gym to start powerlifting? ...I want details!

I hiked 7.5 km on Saturday, 12 km on Sunday, and kind of leisurely walked 7 km yesterday. And, I did not late-night snack, but I was certainly indulging in some craft beer and ciders this past weekend.

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Tomorrow, I will try and lift. (I did lift on Friday, so it hasn't been THAT long...)
  • larali2
    larali2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 39 but I wanna hang with the big kids :D
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Did half my weights last night...short on time because I had to go pick up dinner for the birthday boy...one more year then he's all grown up!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I am so happy to read the GREAT news about your son, sdereski!!

How wonderful and it is a true reminder that every day is a "gift".

I hope the rest of your summer provides rest, rejuvenation and (more) relief!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I did get my weight-lifting in, today. A full body workout and I did it in 55 minutes + 15 minute stretch. BOOM.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Great news, Silvia. A good reminder to all of us to enjoy every moment. We never know how long we will be here.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    @Beeps2011 & @alteredsteve175 - Thank you. :heart:

Got my first golf game in last night. It was a beautiful day - warm and sunny. My golf game was....meh. Some good shots, other, not so good. But it was great to be out there again.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I am glad you get to do some outdoor things that are FUN for you, sdereski.

It is SO good to get out and BE ACTIVE! Yay!
  • tccroston
    tccroston Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I’ll join y’all!

47, recovering from an injury I suffered as a firefighter. But that was 10 years ago and ancient history now. My immediate goal is to drop back under 300, with my secondary goal of being comfortable in my wetsuit so I can dive again on a regular basis.

I’m traveling a lot for work so I get some cardio in at the airport, and walk when I can. I try to bike and swim when I can...

Expect to see some friend requests from me, or feel free to add me!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the madness, @tccroston. 😋
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Great day kids. Sdereski, I read the news in horror initially and smiled after reading and realizing everything is well with your son. I know you, family and friends are relieved. I do believe in the power of prayer. Beeps, I was going to a chain gym that sold the one near my house to Planet Fitness and then I transferred to their all women's clubs which was 25 minutes away. the final straws was going through 4 personal trainers and my suggestions about power lifting being ignored. I started looking for gyms with more emphasis on powerlifting and there was one just minutes away. I could kick myself because the gym had already been open for 2 years. I took the tour and then joined January of this year. The gym takes care of Olympic Weightlifters, Power Lifters and Strong Man/Woman. What I was not expecting was a gym full of 20 year olds. There are only 3 of us 40 plus. Everyone gets along well and very respectful. About a month in, I wondered had I made a mistake. I got over that hump and now I am training for my first raw competition on October 5th. This past Wednesday was max out and I joined the 100 kilo club (220.46 pounds) for dead lifts. Down 12 inches and that's a bonus. My only regret; I didn't start powerlifting sooner. I ran this morning and then went straight for the steel. I am starting to get calluses on my hands. Not sure how I feel about that just yet. Gam3rguy, hope you are recovering and getting better. Hug the princess for me. Anyone heard from Larro? Would love to know how he is doing. Have a great weekend everyone.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    @sdereski. So glad to hear your son will be okay! :)

I’m cleared to train, but NO left arm. So I’m one siding it (maintenance weights) and hitting lower+cardio.
    Yesterday was “Beast Up: Chest, Shoulder Nd Tricep. Yes one sided.
    Today was Liift 4 Back & Bis...on one side.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “Body Beast Build: Legs”=Done!
    BOOYAH!!!
    Had to do one arm front load squats instead of sumo squats, but got it done.
    Bonus!!! I was able to tie my shoelaces today! First time in weeks!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ... This past Wednesday was max out and I joined the 100 kilo club (220.46 pounds) for dead lifts. Down 12 inches and that's a bonus. My only regret; I didn't start powerlifting sooner.

WOW! BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Nicely done, gam3rguy - I am glad you are healing well. It matters!