• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Happy Monday kids, hope all is well. I maxed out at 95% yesterday. Needless to say my body is on total shutdown today. My squats have definitely improved and will only get better. My lovely daughter took a great photo of my grunt face. Still at 100 kilos, but I will take it.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    nqbse5kbhh8s.jpg

My gym partners and I call that "deadlift face". HAHA! Well done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulder"=Done!
    @caramelgyrlk AWESOME JOB!!!
    today is my post-op appointment. time to rehab & rebuild that left arm!
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Great job! Looks like you're killing it!
    Happy Monday kids, hope all is well. I maxed out at 95% yesterday. Needless to say my body is on total shutdown today. My squats have definitely improved and will only get better. My lovely daughter took a great photo of my grunt face. Still at 100 kilos, but I will take it.

• caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Hey kids, hope all is well. AlteredSteve---I like deadlift face better. gam3rguy, show your PT team how rebuilding is done. 11Templars--Thank you....

Next max out I have to wear a singlet. Just need to find one that is at my knees. I am open for suggestions.

I took a light jog today just before the temps became too hot. Back at the steel tomorrow.

Have a great day kids.
  • 2sexy41
    2sexy41 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How do I join?
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @caramelgyrlk - That's what Getting It Done looks like! Nice!
    @2sexy41 - Welcome! You just became a Cool Kid.

Finally getting into a rythm now that I can ride as well as swim. Did an hour of climbing on the bike early Saturday, arriving at the yoga studio on my bike as a sweaty, smelly mess. But I sure was warmed up for the poses, lol. Downhill ride home was the payoff.

Joined my posse for an easy open water swim on Sunday, then a final masters swim class yesterday. Our coach had us wear swim fins for the main set, which sounded much better than it was. Used the fins for 10x100's, doing underwater swims with dolphin kicks for each first 50, then freestyle with hard kicking for the second 50. Blech.

Tonight was a fun 90 minute ride after work with friends. Very scenic route and no one turned it into a hammerfest.

I'm starting to get the racing itch, since I'm no longer in pain. Trying to stay patient knowing that next year should be better.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    Rest day today!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Rest day today!

Enjoy it! important day on the training calendar!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,943 Member
    Options
    That is STELLAR, caramelgyrlk!! Oh my goodness - CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on your strength! YOU KILLED IT!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,943 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good workout djproulx!

I finally got to hit a step-cardio class today...I have been working days, working nights, just working a ton to get through some closings....I am SUPER-stressed b/c this work is dragging on and I am pretty sure we will blow through (more) deadlines.

I usually de-stress with a workout, but haven't been able to squish them in.

Today and tomorrow and Friday I work from home and I have promised myself to go to the gym every one of these days and simply do what I can in the time that I have.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
    left arm rehab/rebuild starts on Monday!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Legs...with sandbags"=Done!
    So, what I’ve been doing is modifying routines and adding my brute bags...today I added the vest. It’s only JUST over 10#! Game changer still!!!
    Monday starts my rehab/rebuild on that left arm. Doc thinks I’ll be good to go all out again by mid September!!! WOOT!!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Happy Friday kids... Gam3rguy, congrats on the recovery. I know your patience is being tested with recovery. You rock. DJProuxl, you are working your way back as well. Good job..

I had a lot of bench work from pause bench up to and including bench floor press . I get to watch some of my gym mates that are olympic weightlifters compete this weekend. I admire the tenacity they show for it.

Beeps, you got this.

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I've been on vacation most of July, but I came back home and Wed I did all the weights...so sore today...I'm not as young as I used to be, I probably should have eased into it a bit...live and learn, or not!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,975 Member
    Options
    Got in all my scheduled workouts this week, even with traveling for work! Did have to skip my "after work" activities due to just being crazy busy and needing to get some stuff done around home, but kept up the morning workouts regardless. Pretty active weekend scheduled ahead too, so that'll be good!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Legs...with sandbags & vest"=Done!