Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• jayemesjayemes Posts: 772Member Member Posts: 772Member Member
    Hey cool kids - can I jump in? Started tracking again yesterday.
    I had lost 20 pounds two years ago with CICO and then stopped doing what worked and gained it back plus some.
    Now I'm looking to lose about 30 pounds by my birthday in April (turning 47. when did that happen???)
    I'm sitting at 207 right now at 5'7", which is only a few pounds off from my 9 months pregnancy weight.
    At least I didn't lose my gym obsession. I'm there 3-6 times a week. I'd go every day if I had the time. It's my stress reliever and my sanctuary!!

• sdudley08sdudley08 Posts: 32Member Member Posts: 32Member Member
    Hey cool kids, please bear with me as I'm learning this group. It looks like exercise is a thing, which is great because like Jayemes, workout time is my way of relieving stress and it's my sanctuary, too!

I haven't done anything today or yesterday, I have a cold. Maybe tonight if the fog lifts, so to speak. But tomorrow it's Tabata.

Wednesday I practiced (dancing, my love!) for just 30 minutes - I knew I wasn't feeling so good.
    Tuesday is usually HIIT class, and last Tuesday was no exception. I love that class.

So today I might just walk because I'm still under the weather.

I'm trying to adjust my outlook on food and my diet to looking forward to eating more vegetables and having more of a low carb diet - my gut is always happier when I go that route. So weight loss will probably follow. It's just hard because I've had a sweet tooth forever. I just gave up chocolate - it was like a small death. But I'm trying to focus on what I can eat and enjoy, and hope that these changes can heal me, or just get used to the new normal.
  • skymediaonline7skymediaonline7 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Yoga this morning and then spent and hour weeding. Now it's time to shower and try to get this dirt out from under my nails. Not gonna go well.....
  • gam3rguygam3rguy Posts: 2,850Member Member Posts: 2,850Member Member
    “FOCUS T25: Core Speed”=Done...with the vest!!!
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
  • rodneybrookshirerodneybrookshire Posts: 8Member Member Posts: 8Member Member
    Anyone here in Mesa,Chandler or Maricopa Az that is looking for a workout partner?
    So, first trail trot since wrecking my arm.
    “Ran” it with the Brute Force Vest!
    Slow...but got it done!
  • caramelgyrlkcaramelgyrlk Posts: 933Member Member Posts: 933Member Member
    Happy Monday kids, hope all of you had a great weekend.

Gam3rguy, You know you rock in my book. Awesome job on the trail. You'll be good as new in no time. Can't wait to see what you will be up to next. Kiss the princess for me.

Yesterday, my coach decided to have me try lower back squats and that did the trick with me going lower in depth. I was excited for that progress. Apparently this is the squat that powerlifters use in competition. The flip side to the lower back squat is the over usage of the shoulder resulting in tenderness. I did not feel shoulder pain, I actually felt wrist pain which I will tape my wrist.

Today's workout was deadlifts, slamballs, overhead press, and HLR's.

My NSV was buying jeans and a top from the junior section at TJ MAXX.

Welcome newbies.

Have a great day ahead.
  • bozzaseanbozzasean Posts: 34Member Member Posts: 34Member Member
    Ooh can I be in your club. Sounds fun
  • fastandtheusoriousfastandtheusorious Posts: 32Member Member Posts: 32Member Member
    I saw cool kids and had to check it out.
  • HoneyBadger155HoneyBadger155 Posts: 1,207Member Member Posts: 1,207Member Member
    Had an awesome day at the track yesterday - finally getting my fitness stepped up again made a noticeable difference in my ability to handle the beasty, and had a great time with not horrible lap times. Should be a good race weekend this coming weekend!

Still have a long ways to go fitness wise (and weight loss), but was nice to see it making a noticeable difference on track again!
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • tcunbelievertcunbeliever Posts: 6,950Member Member Posts: 6,950Member Member
    Last night I lifted all the weights!!!
  • DjproulxDjproulx Posts: 1,367Member Member Posts: 1,367Member Member
    @caramelgyrlk. Sounds like you're in a good training groove. Congrats on the NSV.

Welcome Noobs...

Took another step forward yesterday. In addition to cycling, MD said its ok to start doing some hiking over hilly terrain to build up strength in the achilles. The next step would be a return to running this fall. Really looking forward to it.

No gym for me today. With the kids home for the summer I only get to go 3 or 4 times a week tops.
    Good news is I'm averaging 12k-15k steps daily so there's that.
  • MoxyLeighMoxyLeigh Posts: 57Member Member Posts: 57Member Member
    Hello all. I'm new to the community forums. Used MFP quite a few years back, and have returned because I seem to be fat again. Can't think how that happened. Coulda been the pizza and key lime pie and netflix. Possibly maybe. Now that I'm in the "cool kids" club I figure I better get it down and maintain with some healthy lifestyle changes. I'm so out of shape that I'm starting at a 3000 steps a day goal, and managing to fit in a few body weight strength exercises a day... and that's enough to have me sore. Ah how the mighty have fallen, Lol.
    @MoxyLeigh Gotta start somewhere!
  • ServantStrongServantStrong Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    What's up Everybody!!!!
    My name is Ant, and I'm 43. I think this group would be very good for me. Just started back at the gym, because I want to loose weight, have more energy for my family, and be a little more cut. Please send me your friend request. I would like to get in touch with like minded people.
    Thanks
    Ant (🐜).