40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 17! 60#+12#vest! Maybe didn’t plan this so well. I did an epic chest (that it looks like I forgot to post) and tris routine yesterday. Those floor presses got heavy fast.
    For the 800 meters...it’s about 200-ish to that bend in my street (from my porch). Well, it’s cold out, and it’s too damned early for all that turning around. So...loops. Got to hit the Pokéstop right around the corner too. No time to eff with Team Rocket though.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hey kids, hope all is well. Had an xray done on my shoulder and there's nothing wrong with it. I will keep warming it up well, as well as ice/cryotherapy. I don't have time for these minor annoyances. Hot Yoga followed by varied deadlifts.

My daughter said I do today to her best friend. I wish them years and years of bliss.

My workout routine for the week is insane since I have PTO to burn before I lose it.

Well The HU has become a new favorite band of mine. They have a new song called Wolf Totem and this video has be so amped up. Here's the link if you are a rocker and love motorcycles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM8dCGIm6yc
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done! with Vest ,Sandbags & Dumbbells!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    @caramelgyrlk. GF turned my onto The HU. I got her into folk metal, and she was all like “check this out”. Awesome stuff!!
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40! I feel like I'm just understanding this fitness thing after 20 years of exercise 🤣🤣. I'll join
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    ...Done!

Kicking like only I know YOU can.
    Awesome
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "A Week of Hard Labor Day 4: Shoulders & Arms"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "A Week of Hard Labor Day 1: Chest & Back"=Done!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Hit a PR on front squat yesterday.
    I'll take it!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Stairclimber & Legs at the gym this morning...Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
  • temartin1291970
    temartin1291970 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all,
    Would love to join this group. In January, I'll be stepping into my 50th birthday like a boss. I just got 30 lbs that I need to loss.
    Please add me, I need the motivation.
    Thank you!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Sagi's Exclusives: Equipment Room Chest & Tris"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I got back on track with the workouts over the weekend, which was super cool...cold seems entirely gone now. Also managed to lose 2 lbs in December, so not the full 3 lb goal, but slow progress is better than no progress...and I did the math and adjusted my formulas for my actual maintenance calories for January...which should be cool...I'm looking forward to taking a month off the weight loss wagon, and I have lots of cardio planned since I've been neglecting that for the last few months...might as well take the time off to build up the heart while I'm in maintenance!!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Hit a PR on front squat yesterday.
    I'll take it!

Congratulations
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Legs"=Done! with Vest ,Sandbags, Dumbbells & EZ bar!!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    I maxed out at 47 kilos on bench. I was really hoping to hit 50 kilos and will fight to get it next max out. This is the first time in 11 months that I didn't PR for deadlifts which are typically my best numbers. I am still at 40 kilos for squat. I'm not going to give up or give in. Hot yoga ensued to stretch these fatigued muscles out. Have a safe and wonderful night kids.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Well it's 2020 kids. I am not a new year's resolutioner. When I have goals or projects, I just put them into motion and stick with it. I have a meet in March and training is back underway. It felt good to hear that steel bounce rhythmically today. I am very focused and very determined to do even better than my 1st meet. Needless to say I'll keep you updated. Oh and Cryotherapy is definitely worth its weight in gold.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    I forgot to mention my NSV. My daughter and I went shopping and she found a pair of jeans that I had to have. She didn't like how they fit on her and I decided what the heck and tried them on. Well I could fit her junior size jeans and there's a 40 pound difference between us. Heck yeah I brought them. That was further attestation for me to love steel even more than I do now.