Have you taken down your Christmas tree yet?

Options

Replies

• Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    every 2nd year my eldest daughter goes to spend christmas with her biological father, so every second year (this year) I keep the christmas tree and decorations up until she comes home and can open her presents from us.

Otherwise it all comes down on new years eve
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Took mine down today wasn't looking forward to it as the house usually looks so bare afterwards but strangely enough I've found it very therapeutic putting the house back to normal. Just need to find somewhere to keep all the new toys now!!!
  • Lawnbfrench
    Options
    Took mine down on 27th December,just not feeling very festive this year,lost my sons dad/partner of 17 years in a car crash in august 2011.
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    Options
    Mine came down the day after Christmas!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Took it down today. All the Christmas decorations are packed away til next year. We usually take ours down before New Years but felt lazy this year.
  • yippeeskippee
    Options
    The family tree went down the day after Xmas :( My personal one stayed up until Jan 1st.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Christmas tree and front door wreath went down today, garden stuff out yesterday, and some house decorations (towels, knickknacks, etc.) went back to the box at the beginning of the week. We don’t put outside lights, so is one less thing to worry about.

The only think red in the house are the poinsettias, everything else is back to normal. It is about time!
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Trees + Allergies = Sneezy Robb. So, we don't put up a tree.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Took mine down on 27th December,just not feeling very festive this year,lost my sons dad/partner of 17 years in a car crash in august 2011.

I am very sorry for your loss. My brother died on June 2011, so I know how you feel. Peace be with you.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Our tree and decorations came down New Years Eve, as they always do, they just look tacky to me once Christmas is over.

My aunt once had an argument with my uncle over who should take the tree and decorations down, with the result that they were still there the following May, when my aunt, in exasperation, ripped them all down and threw them in the bin!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Took ours down New Year's Eve.. and was glad to see it go!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Took it down today. All the Christmas decorations are packed away til next year. We usually take ours down before New Years but felt lazy this year.

Yup, What you said.
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    We took our down on Saturday. That corner still looks bare!
  • mortla
    mortla Posts: 73
    Options
    I just made a small attempt...still half up! LOL
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    Very early for me this year but took it down today 1/2/12:cry: I like to have the tree lights on in the evening without other lights on. It's such a cozy atmosphere....
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Nope..still up. Got it up later than usual..sooooo, leave it up longer. I like the cozy atmosphere as well.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    took it down 12/29
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I moved away from home a few months ago (800 miles away...) so this year was the first year I had my very own tree. I got a little fake pre-lit tree that I love! I don't have a couch for my apartment yet, so I'm just going to leave my tree up because I enjoy sitting in my canvas camping chairs in the living room and looking at my pretty tree all lit up. It's not taking up any space that I could use for any furniture or anything (there is a LOT of empty space in my apartment...), so I don't think it's a big deal to leave it. I guess if I needed the space or the tree was real and dying, I might have taken it down already. My boyfriend (who does not live with me) asked me on Christmas if I was going to take it down the next day...I said no way!!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    We follow the liturgical year. The tree stays up until the Epiphany, the feast day of the three kings. We bake a cake with a bean in it. The smallest child sits under the table and says who gets the piece of cake that has just been cut. When the bean is found, we crown the king, and set him on his throne. It's all great fun, and the tree comes down at the end of the party.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    We're doing it in stages...

The ornaments are off. Next the lights, and finally the tree will go back in the basement.

My most hated job of the season is taking down the tree. Usually the kids go home and I take the tree down. This time my husband is doing the job:laugh: :laugh: