2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Missou
    Missou Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to all of you and Congradulations to the new parents and new grand-parents.

Hope you all had a wonderful year and that the next one will be even better.

Take care everyone :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Hello friends....

Verda Congrats on Baby Liam, love that name.... but WHAT???? YOu wont be on the boards??? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    I hope your jump ins to say hello are often!! :smooched: :heart: , I understand... but you will be missed!!!

Heather... I will still be posting... I know I go missing some times... but I Value our thread... it really helps to motivate me... I sometimes think I spend to much time on here too.... but I also use it as a reward.. and sip a cup of tea.... doens't matter to me if we stay here or you start a new thread.... but please include me if you do!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I am strong at 4/7 this week, today is to be an off day... and I hope that I can stick to that! Thursday is to be my sewing day... only... no laundry, cleaning or working out... something I hope to stick to.. I have tons of projects I want/need to finish!

Heather... Hoildays are the worst for getting out of sync.. I am sure you will be back at this in no time! Hope your foot is better!
    Hello Dominique... hope you are getting stronger everyday!!

Ivy???? Hope the new year is treating you well!!!

Verda... Big Hug Friend!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Hello friends....

Verda Congrats on Baby Liam, love that name.... but WHAT???? YOu wont be on the boards??? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    I hope your jump ins to say hello are often!! :smooched: :heart: , I understand... but you will be missed!!!

Heather... I will still be posting... I know I go missing some times... but I Value our thread... it really helps to motivate me... I sometimes think I spend to much time on here too.... but I also use it as a reward.. and sip a cup of tea.... doens't matter to me if we stay here or you start a new thread.... but please include me if you do!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I am strong at 4/7 this week, today is to be an off day... and I hope that I can stick to that! Thursday is to be my sewing day... only... no laundry, cleaning or working out... something I hope to stick to.. I have tons of projects I want/need to finish!

Heather... Hoildays are the worst for getting out of sync.. I am sure you will be back at this in no time! Hope your foot is better!
    Hello Dominique... hope you are getting stronger everyday!!

Ivy???? Hope the new year is treating you well!!!

Verda... Big Hug Friend!!

I too am sad that Verda is leaving us, but also am hopeful that she'll have frequent drop-ins. :smile:

Debra, let's just keep this thread going, that way Ivy, Dominique and of course Verda know where to find us.

I'm sitting at 0/7 still for the week. I'm using this as my last lazy week before really getting back at it. I traveled to KY and back over the weekend for my niece's baptism, then worked 12/31, drove to Myrtle Beach and back on 1/1 to look at a piano, and then am working the rest of the week--so needless to say I've been a bit busy! And we've had a friend in town all week! He's leaving Saturday, and though I do love him dearly, I will be ready for him to go!!!

So I have planned out my workouts for the next few months, yaayy!!!! If I start P90X on Sunday I will finish on April 20th which is my husband's and my 11th anniversary! It will take me a bit longer than 90 days due to traveling I have to do in the coming months, but I'm hopeful that this program will jump start the weight loss and really help tone me up. I'm also excited to start focusing on eating cleaner, getting enough protein, etc. I think that I'm going to also try to basically give up the wine except for a few special occasions. Boy do I love a glass or two of wine to help me unwind after a long day, but I don't need the added calories, or the negative impact on my willpower!!!

I'm definitely disappointed that the half marathon is not going to be a possibility this month, but I will plan to start training again after I complete P90X. I figure that way I'll hopefully be down at least 15-20 pounds, and training will be even easier!
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Sorry about your run Heather... but there will be one at a later date when you are totally healed and your plan sounds great! I have a few p90x workouts in the schedule too... so we can secretly hate tony together!!
    I am doing well this wek at 5/7 and totally sore from head to toe.. the weights I really enjoy... not sure why I stop! Well... I kinda know... crazy life... but I am really hoping to put me more on the top of the list this year.
    Verda's post about her days committed to exercise made me go back and count mine up... I only counted the days I wore the heart rate monitor... but it was only 118 days... no wonder I am struggling... I can't keep a good schedule going!!
    It is going to be different this year!

Go us!!!!!
    Have a geat day!!
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    finished the week 6/7.. the scale wasnt so nice... but I will keep fighting with it!!

another chance for a great week tomorrow!
  • Missou
    Options
    Hello ladys, I hope things are good for you. I hope the new year is good to you. I am slowly, too slowly if I can say so, getting back on track. It will take time but I will do it!!

So far, I did a workout, well a tiny one :blushing: for the first five days of the year. I am doing some abs and going on my Incline Trainer for a few minutes. It is crazy!! Last year, I could stay on it for some 30 or 40 minutes with inclinations going all the way up to 35% and nowadays, I can only do some 20 minutes with no inclination and if I add them, I can't even walk for 5 minutes :noway: :noway. When I do some ab work, I can only do 50 reps, The dosage of my meds is not at it's best yet, I am seeing my cardiologist this Wednesday to hopefully fix that problem. I ate being intolerante to so many types of medicine. When it will finally be fixed, I really hope I can boost my training a little. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I want to finish 2013 with a clean 365 days of workouts. It is my resolution and I really hope I can stick to it.

Take care :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Hi ladies! Good job Dominique getting your workouts in. It's okay to start slow, you'll work your way up to longer/more intense workouts. And way to go Debra, 6/7!!! You are clearly making your workout time a priority!!! :smile:

I was 1/7 on Sunday with P90X chest and back workout, and I'm 2/7 today with P90X Plyometrics at 5:15 this morning. Boy, is my upper body sore from yesterday's workout!!!! These workouts are no joke! I'm excited to do a program that works on strength and cardio, but it is going to be a huge time committment and I see some VERY early mornings (think Verda early, like 4:30 am!) on the days I have to do the 90 minute P90X yoga DVD--aaagghhh!!! Hopefully I'll get back into the early morning routine fairly easily. The bigger challenge will be the diet. It is recommended to initially have a diet with 50% protein, 30% carbs and 20% fat--that is ALOT more protein than I've been eating, and getting the macros right without living on supplements will be challenging and take a ton of planning in advance.

Hope you guys have a great Monday!
  • Missou
    Options
    I am up to my 7th day's training, a 15 minutes walk on the treadmill.

I'm getting there, only 358 more days to go :tongue:
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    2/7 so far the week!! Trying to stay focused!
    Heather..great job with the new workout. I agree the yoga one is forever long..and it its tough, but I always felt great afterward! I am fitting in a few of Tony's workouts too... Love your profile picture!!!!!
    Dominique..you are doing well, glad you are able you do more and more!!!!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I'm 3/7 today with P90X Shoulders and Biceps video. I was really dreading this because my upper body is still sore from chest and back, but I was pleasantly surprised that I was still able to do all the moves and the soreness didn't interfere.

Debra I'm glad you have enjoyed the Yoga DVD--I'll keep that in mind tomorrow when my alarm goes off at 4:15!!! :noway: I have a morning packed with meetings, so that means rounding on my patients early, requiring me to leave the house at 6:30 am. That puts me at a start time of 4:30 for Yoga at the absolute latest if I want to get showered and out the door on time. AAHHHHHH!!!

Hope you guys are having a great day!! :smile:
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Thinking of you this morning Heather...hoping you got your " ommmmmm" on :)
    3/7 with a small run as warm up and then kickboxing.
    Today will be.weights and some cardio
    I have to run to the store first... :(
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Thinking of you this morning Heather...hoping you got your " ommmmmm" on :)
    3/7 with a small run as warm up and then kickboxing.
    Today will be.weights and some cardio
    I have to run to the store first... :(

Hahahaha!!!! I did get my Yoga on this morning, but I chose to skip the "ommmmmm" parts. My workout room is directly below my daughters bedroom and I didn't want to wake her up. I Can't believe that I actually did it, but my 4:30 am Yoga workout (Verda style!) makes me 4/7 for the week!!

Gotta run, hope you lovely ladies are doing well, keep up the great work!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    5/7 today with my 5th day of P90X! Today was legs and back which was much more enjoyable than chest and back! I still have to do the Ab Ripper DVD after work, but hopefully I can get it out of the way and then spend time with the family.

We're in the home stretch, almost to the weekend!!!! Too bad I'm on call and have to go in for rounds. :grumble: But on the bright side, one week from tomorrow I will be on a plane headed to Key West with my girlfriends. So sad that I'm not running the race, but I plan to train for another half marathon, probably targeting the fall.

Have a great day ladies!
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Oh man Heather... A trip to Key West sounds way more fun!!

I am sitting at 4/7 still, today was scheduled rest day and I am so sore.. really needed it!
    Spent the day in my sewing room catching up on a class I took and I am loving the results... I will share when I am finished!!
    Have a great evening!
    Great job by the way, really sticking with your workouts!

Dominique... hope you are getting your workouts in and they are getting easier for you!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    I can't wait to see what you're working on, Debra. You are so talented!!!

I'm at 6/7 today with Kenpo X. I really loved that workout, so much fun!! It reminded me of back in the day when kickboxing was all the rage. So now I've done all of the DVDs in Phase I and I don't think any of them are horrible--I don't really enjoy chest and back, but I hope that will get easier with time. So many damn pushups!!!

Hope you're having a great day! :happy:

Where are our other friends? Hopefully Verda will check in with us sometime. :cry:
  • Missou
    Options
    Hi ladies, nice to see you are all doing so good. I would also enjoy a trip in the Keys Heather, Have a lot of fun with your friends. Debra, I hope you have a lot of success with your project.

I discovered that the Pilates does not give me any chest pains, at least, not the first programs but the treadmill does. My cardiologist told me to exercice until I start feeling the pain and keep on going for 5 secondes. The next day, I should keep on going for additional 5 secondes and keep on going every day with this pattern. I decided to do my treadmill in the morning and do the Pilates later on in the day. I am now up to 6/7 for this week and 11/31 for the month. My treadmill is done and I am about to do my Pilates now. It is important that I do the Pilates since it seems that exercising and especially muscle building is the best way to reduce the LDL level. Mine was at 1.7 in mid-September, at 2 in mid-November and at 2.7 in mid-December, I was practicly not moving and my body does not tolerate the medicine that is used to control (or so they say) your cholesterol. I must stop this increase as quickly as possible so I must to as much training as I can. My body also does not tolerate the medicine to control the angina so I have to train my heart muscle to fonction with a smaller oxygen intake. I am so tired of having so many health issues. Today, it is a big weight on my shoulders, can't wait till tomorrow. As Annie says in the Braodway musical, The sun will come out tomorrow.

Take care :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Hey Fiends!! I finished 6/7 for the week. I was up in pounds Saturday when I weighed in.. I was about ready to shot the darn thing again... but today I got on and it was all gone plus a loss... I think I really retain water fr some reason and I am trying to find foods that help with that... or I get inflammation... one day at a time figuring it out!
    Heather I like Kenpo too.. I actually love kickboxing and i have that dvd in my rotation... Tuesdays are my kickbox day!

Dominique... so glad you are finding that you can do more and more... it has to make you feel great! I am proud of you for keeping up the good fight.. it is so easy to feel sorry for yourself and just quit! :flowerforyou:
    Heather I seen you had a loss too this week... yippe for 2013!

I did get my project finished... but my camera is givng me fits now... I will keep trying!
    Have to run friends!! Hope your Sunday is amazing!
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    oh.. and 1/7 for my sunday.. torched 1246 calories today.. on treadmill and elliptical!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Hey ladies! Quick check in for me. 1/7 with P90X Chest and Back and Ab Ripper. It wasn't quite as painful this time around as the first time!

Great burn today Debra! That is awesome!! And was to get back at it Dominique!

I wonder where Ivy is these days. It's been awhile since she checked in.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    2/7 today with P90X Plyometrics. I REALLY didn't want to get out of bed this morning, but so glad I did! Happy Monday everyone!