2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Options

Replies

• wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    2/7 with p90x chest/back and ab ripper this morning. Hope you ladies are doing great!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    3/7 with a 4 mile run this morning. Have a fabulous dinner out tonight so I'm glad I burned an extra 500 calories!!! :)
  • Missou
    Missou Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Oups... It has been a long time since I came here. I still did 40 minutes of Pilates every day this week so I am up to 15/15 for February. I am going for a catlab on March 4th and I was told that if the doctor who is going to do it can not help me, nobody can. I do not appreciate to be told such a thing :cry: :cry:
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    ended 6/7 f the wek everyone.. not to happy that the scale stayed the same. I even had a challenge of walking 25 miles! I only walked 20... but also did an additional 100 minutes of cardio and 100 minutes of weight training! ugh... but I am feeling kinda bloated.. so maybe it will drop off this week! keep on keepin on!
    Missou... I am not sure what a catlab is? I also don't know why any doctor would say this??? But if it is something they say cab't work... I would give it 1000% and show them that it can!!! :) Hugs....
    Heather... I see you are still strong at your p90x?? Are you tired of Tony yet? haha... after a while... his silly little saying got on me nerves... ;) just teasing... Commit, decide, succeed!!!
  • Missou
    Options
    Debra, a cat lat is a coronary catheterization. You can find the explanation here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronary_catheterization

What the doctor meant is that the one who will perform it is one of the best in Canada if not the world, or so he says, and that if he can't do anything to open up the artery that is causing my chest pain, no other doctor can :cry:

Sorry, I should have been clearer in my previous post.

Yesterday was not a good one, I forgot to take my medicine in the morning and my chest was bothering me all day. I realized my mistake when I took my medecine in the evening. I then decided to do my workout when John would go to bed but my kitty, who is having somekind of kidney problem, we are still waiting for the test results, started to throw up so my exercices were completly forgotten.

Today however, I did the 40 minutes Pilates routine with the circle.

Have a nice evening, my supper is served :drinker:
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Wow, I have been MIA for awhile!!! Let's see, I didn't workout on Thursday, ran 5 miles on Friday and nothing on Saturday so I ended the week at 4/7. This week I ran 4 miles Sunday, 3 miles on Monday and nothing yesterday, so 2/7 so far this week.

Debra, I have not been as dedicated to Tony as I had hoped. Now that my foot seems to have miraculously healed I am starting up the running again, training for a half marathon with some girlfriends in April. I am going to try to fit in strength training from P90X 2 days per week and run 4 days, so we'll see how it works!

Missou, sorry you are still having these issues. Cardiac catheterization is no joke, it is a major procedure, so hopefully they can determine what is causing your pain.

Hope to get a 4 miler in tonight, but we'll see if I get out early enough from work. Happy Hump Day! :)
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    This week its flying by... 4/7 for me!
    Heather... Good for you..so glad your foot its better!!! Sounds like a good plan!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Hello???
    Hope you are doing well...finished 7/7 fprthe week... showing off this week ! :laugh: :laugh:
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Nice work, Debra!! I ended he week at 4/7. Yesterday I did a 6 mile run at my parents house. Ran from their house to the beach and back on a beautiful 60 degree day! REALLY makes me want to move to the beach. :)

Happy Monday all!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    2/7 with a 3 mile treadmill run this morning. Have a great day folks!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    3/7 with 4 miles on the treadmill this morning. :smile:
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Sorry to be missing... I joined a couple different challenges and I am forgetting to post here also!!
    I finished 6/7 and even ran today for 30 miutes ...first time in a long time!
    Missou.. hope you are still progressing!
    Heather I seen your daily posts and I love that you are getting those runs in... your're gonna rock this next race..

I don't think you ladies have tummy trouble but I was sharing this link and thought I should share it here too...

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/shaun-t-hip-hop-abs-workout
    http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/shaun-t-fix-your-5-problem-areas-cheat-sheet

the video clips on this link.., below show the tv program ... and how to do each one.. the main video shows some clips that he does in his hip hop abs video. actually doing the moves.. I just learned the moves and am going to use a different new one each day this week, and do it 10 minutes, 3 times a day... Hello core!
    I just learned the moves and dance around my living room... and I have lost over 3 inches off that stubborn belly of mine :bigsmile: now I am not sure if it was all shaun T... but I have lost no weight, but inches off mid section... super happy about that,... I thought my dress was loose! :bigsmile:
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Great job Debra!!! It is always fun to see the measurements go down. I will definitely check out those links!!

I finished last week at 4/7 with a 7.2 mile run on Saturday, and I'm 1/7 yesterday with a 3 mile run and Jillian's 6wk6pack DVD. Heading to New Orleans tomorrow for a conference, but I will try to get some running in while we're there. I will need to run so I don't gain too much from all the fabulous food and drinks!

Happy Monday all!!
  • Missou
    Options
    Hello everyone, here are my latest news. I had my Catlab yesterday and they saw that the artery that was causing my problems is no longer fonctionnable. It is a secondary artery and I can easily live without it. They also saw that the other arteries are clean with no signs of any deposits. The cardiologist confirmed that my body will build alternative routes if the cardio-vascular demand is there. In other words, I need to hop on my treadmill and do a lot of work so that my heart is pumping a lot, to create the demand. I guess it is not something that will be done quickly so I still have a long road ahead of me. Take care and be good to yourseves.
  • Missou
    Options
    I stopped my workouts for about three weeks; one of my cat is really sick and she worried me a lot; She is now on the road to recovery. Now that I know she is better and exactly what is going on with my heart, I am back. Today, I was on my treadmill for 20 minutes. I will not do my Pilates since my groin, where there inserted the catheter, is still sensitive. I don't want to over do it. Feels good to be back :drinker:
  • Missou
    Options
    I walked on my IT today and raised it up to 20% for a few minutes. My heart didn't like it a lot but will get used to it.
  • Missou
    Options
    Today, I tried to do the same program I was doing on my IT before the heart attack. I was only able to complet the fourth of it and certainly not at the same pace but I did it!! :heart:
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Great Job Dominque! Glad to hear you are working at it! Baby stpes... you will get there!!
    Rest day for me today.. finished week 6/7 with a small loss this week... baby steps for me too!
    How is your running going Heather? And your trip? I hope all is safe!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Great news Dominique! Keep up the good work.

And Debra, you are KILLING IT!!! I've been seeing all of your crazy burns and am super impressed! :)

I was in New Orleans last week, but I did manage to get some running in.

Week in review:
    Sunday was 3 miles on the treadmill and Jillian's 6wk6pack
    Monday--off
    Tuesday--off
    Wednesday was a 3 mile treadmill run
    Thursday was a 5 mile run on the Riverwalk. Unfortunately the Riverwalk was only 1.3 miles down and back, so I had to make 4 laps!
    Friday--off
    Saturday--off; That puts me at 3/7 for the week. Could have done better, but at least on the off days I was doing a fair amount of walking.

This Sunday was a 3.7 mile run along the Riverwalk. I was scheduled for an 8 mile run, but the lack of new scenery and my exhaustion (and poor nutrition!) from the prior week just didn't allow that to happen. I'm ready to get back to eating and sleeping right and get back to the morning runs!!

Hope you guys are doing great!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    2/7 with a 3 mile run before work this morning, and then another 39 minute walk with both kids in the double jogging stroller. I ran 1 mile of the 2 1/2 miles, but strolled along for the rest. :)