Welcome!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 3 c25k
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Ooh this is interesting for me. I am on second week of C25K and just took delivery this week of my 30 Day Shred DVD. I would like to alternate both, but I think I will just be doing the C25K for a few weeks for now and then start adding in the shred. I did look at it yesterday after day 2 week 2 but I knew I wasn't going to manage it so put it away. I don't want to overdo it and mess up the C25K but I'm hoping in a few weeks I will feel strong enough to add it in. My jog days are Monday/Wed/Friday at the moment.

How are you liking the C25K?
  • jrmc83
    jrmc83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Made it through my first 20 minute straight run! It took me longer than 20 minutes but I didn't stop. Now if I could just get on board with the shredding!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    D6, L1 fo Shred: done:happy:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Made it through my first 20 minute straight run! It took me longer than 20 minutes but I didn't stop. Now if I could just get on board with the shredding!

Awesome!
  • lisadhancock
    Options
    I've enjoyed reading all of your replies. I started 30 day shred 3 days ago (again, never finished it before) and plan to do this everyday for 30 days, then I plan to do my c25k (again, started and never finished before). I work long hours so I don't know that I can work both programs in at the same time but I'll be doing c25k after 30 day shred. good luck to you all!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Week 2, Day 4: I actually switched it up a little, running for 2 minutes and walking 90 seconds. I think that I'll be ready to move onto week 3 tomorrow.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I've enjoyed reading all of your replies. I started 30 day shred 3 days ago (again, never finished it before) and plan to do this everyday for 30 days, then I plan to do my c25k (again, started and never finished before). I work long hours so I don't know that I can work both programs in at the same time but I'll be doing c25k after 30 day shred. good luck to you all!

Welcome! Please feel free to post your progress, even if you're not doing both programs. This is my 3rd time through the Shred and I can tell you that the only thing that got me through the first couple of times is that I had a support group to report my progress to.
  • lisadhancock
    Options
    Thanks girl! So far it's getting much easier by doing it daily. I'm determined to finish this time!
  • Katetastrophe
    Options
    Wow. I didn't realize that I had forgotten to post. I have follwed my plan and did Shed L1, D6 and Week 2 D4 of C25k
  • Konpeito
    Options
    Finally making myself start the shred today because I have been to lazy to do it intill now *kicks myselfs laziness*

Level 1 Day 1 Done~

Now that I have started I intend to finish this time!
  • AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm just starting out - and I decided to alternate the C25K and 30DS last week. Today I just finished W1D3 of C25K and tomorrow I'll be doing L1D3 of the shred. Yesterday (Sunday) was my rest day and boy did I need it - my arms were aching really badly from the strength exercises from the shred. I have no arm strength and only have 2kg weights - it's so hard!

I don't see how people can do the 30DS every day, unless they've already got strong arms. My arms were in agony - I needed the 2 day break so the muscles could heal/recover. It would have been physically impossible and I would be risking injury if I did it every day!

Anyway, I'm so glad to see there are people doing the same thing - feel free to add me!
  • hauntgoddess
    hauntgoddess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread, and I have been doing the C25K workout myself. I am on day 6(which I will do today at the gym), and would love to join you guys to discuss it.

I used to be able to run 5k without stopping on 5.0 speed, but a herniated disc which required surgery put a stop to my running for a while. After 3 years, I decided to get back into it, and this seems like a simple reintroduction to running.

At what speeds do you all use on the treadmill? I do 3.5 for brisk walking, and 5.0 for the jogging.
  • Katetastrophe
    Options
    Finally making myself start the shred today because I have been to lazy to do it intill now *kicks myselfs laziness*

Level 1 Day 1 Done~

Now that I have started I intend to finish this time!

You WILL: do it! Having a thread to post your progress is a huge help (at least for me). We're right her with you (cursing and calling Jillian names:wink: )
  • Katetastrophe
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm just starting out - and I decided to alternate the C25K and 30DS last week. Today I just finished W1D3 of C25K and tomorrow I'll be doing L1D3 of the shred. Yesterday (Sunday) was my rest day and boy did I need it - my arms were aching really badly from the strength exercises from the shred. I have no arm strength and only have 2kg weights - it's so hard!

I don't see how people can do the 30DS every day, unless they've already got strong arms. My arms were in agony - I needed the 2 day break so the muscles could heal/recover. It would have been physically impossible and I would be risking injury if I did it every day!

Anyway, I'm so glad to see there are people doing the same thing - feel free to add me!

Welcome! I'm so glad to see some more faces joining in!
  • Katetastrophe
    Options
    I just found this thread, and I have been doing the C25K workout myself. I am on day 6(which I will do today at the gym), and would love to join you guys to discuss it.

I used to be able to run 5k without stopping on 5.0 speed, but a herniated disc which required surgery put a stop to my running for a while. After 3 years, I decided to get back into it, and this seems like a simple reintroduction to running.

At what speeds do you all use on the treadmill? I do 3.5 for brisk walking, and 5.0 for the jogging.

Welcome! I have set my speeds at 4 walk and 6 run. I have had to work up to those speeds (4 used to make me feel like I was gonna die). I have tried this program and several others in the past (that's when I worked my speed up) but have never finished. This is it! I'm definately going to do it this time.
  • Katetastrophe
    Options
    I did Week 3, Day 1 yesterday. It's a Jillian day today, YUCK!
  • Konpeito
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 Done~

Day two is done now all I have to worry about is tomarrow, it seems day 2, 3, 12, 13, 22, 23. Should be the hardest days to get though because your body has to adjust to the new workout. Let's see how that goes XD;
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 Done~

Day two is done now all I have to worry about is tomarrow, it seems day 2, 3, 12, 13, 22, 23. Should be the hardest days to get though because your body has to adjust to the new workout. Let's see how that goes XD;

That is what I have found in the past.