Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Level 2 of the Shred (yesterday)
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Shin splints have also been a problem for me. I took a day off and that seemed to help. I am also slowing down my warm-up. I was pushing so hard to go just a little bit farther each day that by the end of last week my warm-up speed was as fast as my walking speed. Slowing that down also helped.

To help with the Shred when my shins were hurting so badly, I used my Mini Stepper instead of doing Jillians cardio. After a few days, I was back to doing the regular cardio.
  • flamegirl72
    flamegirl72 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day one of 30 Day Shred. Decided to have a protein snack of chicken breast when I was done. My arm was shaking with every lift of the fork to my mouth...lol. Hope I can lift my arms tomorrow :)
  • EJsMummy26
    EJsMummy26 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same, opposite schedule.

30DS T,R,Sat and Running M,W,F.

Just starting doing both this week., I've been running since Jan 3rd.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I'm doing the same, opposite schedule.

30DS T,R,Sat and Running M,W,F.

Just starting doing both this week., I've been running since Jan 3rd.

Welcome!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day one of 30 Day Shred. Decided to have a protein snack of chicken breast when I was done. My arm was shaking with every lift of the fork to my mouth...lol. Hope I can lift my arms tomorrow :)

Good job getting it done! Think of me when you try to wash your hair. That is another time that I really felt weak.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Week 4, Day 2

I still wasn't able to finish my last set of running minutes.:grumble: I better get it down by this weekend because on Sunday I will be starting all 5 minute runs.
  • flamegirl72
    Options
    Week 4, Day 2

I still wasn't able to finish my last set of running minutes.:grumble: I better get it down by this weekend because on Sunday I will be starting all 5 minute runs.

Due to the pain of shin splints? Or stamina/ breathing? Hang in there....you will conquer this :-)
  • CricketKate
    Options
    stamina/breathing

I think it's in Level 2 of the Shred that Jillian says she wants you to feel like you're gargling your heart. That's how I felt during my last run last night. I was only a minute short, but still .....
  • flamegirl72
    Options
    So when I woke up this morning I could hardly move. Every muscle in my body was feeling the effects of my first 30DS workout yesterday. The scary part is...I know it is usually the second day after that is the worst, so not sure what kind of shape I will be in tomorrow. Jillian Michaels I curse you!! But no denying I got a workout!

Good news though!! In the past there is no way I would have tried to workout today feeling like this.... but I sucked it up and did C25K anyway :) Day 2 Week 2 Complete!!! Yay me!

Brilliant idea combining the 2 programs. There is no way I could have done 30DS again today, but knowing it was run day made me want to try....even if I failed and my legs gave out on me....but they didn't and I finished and I feel so great about that!!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Great Job getting in there and pressing on!

I did Level2, Day 2 of the Shred today. I hate those 2nd circuits!
  • flamegirl72
    Options
    Way to go! I can't even fathom level 2 at this point...but I shall persevere.... one day at a time :)
  • Katetastrophe
    Options
    I've been keepingup with my workouts much better than I have been keeping up with my posts. I'm on week 4 of C25k and I've done 2 days of Level 2 on the Shred.

Flamegirl, are you going to be Shredding today? How are you feeling?
  • flamegirl72
    Options
    I've been keepingup with my workouts much better than I have been keeping up with my posts. I'm on week 4 of C25k and I've done 2 days of Level 2 on the Shred.

Flamegirl, are you going to be Shredding today? How are you feeling?

I am sad to say that the pain was too much today to even think of attempting the shred. I literally stayed in bed until 3pm because it hurt so much to move. :( That said, I am going take today as a rest day and keep right on going with c25k tomorrow. I am away on Saturday so 30DS will be on Sunday next.

I am thinking I will try it with no weights or lighter weights until I can get through one and keep going to the next....I am tough and will work through what I can like yesterday....but I must have overdone it because today was just too intense...lol. NOT QUITTING!!!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Sorry you're so sore! I hope that you feel better tomorrow!

I did Week 4, Day 3 of C25k today. I was able to finish all of the runs. I mixed them up so that I did the 5 minute first and finished with the 3 minute runs.
  • flamegirl72
    Options
    Me too...thanks!

Good for you on completing your runs today! I hope I can stay motivated to make it as far as you have!!
  • flamegirl72
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3 of C25K Complete :) Still a bit sore but not enough to keep me from the treadmill :)
  • jrmc83
    jrmc83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    finished week six c25k today. just can't get myself to re-start the shred :(
  • flamegirl72
    Options
    finished week six c25k today. just can't get myself to re-start the shred :(

Great job on the C25K!! I hope I can stay motivated to get to week 6! Good for you! How far did you get in the shred and what is stopping you from re-starting it? I have only done one day so far and had to skip the next one because I was in excruciating pain form the muscle soreness. I overdid it on day 1 I guess. Jillian kicked my *kitten*. I plan to try it again tomorrow. Today was rest day. I am supposed to do shred tomorrow and start week 3 of C25K on Monday. I think tomorrow maybe I will just do it without weights at all and see how it goes or use lighter ones. I don't want to quit, but I don't want three more days of that pain either!!! lol
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Week 4, Day 4 of C25k

I did level 2, Day 3 of Shred yesterday.