Shred/Couch to 5k hybrid

Options

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    finished week six c25k today. just can't get myself to re-start the shred :(

That is awesome! Week 4 has been tough for me. We'll see how week 5 goes tomorrow.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3 of C25K Complete :) Still a bit sore but not enough to keep me from the treadmill :)

Are you feeling better?
  • flamegirl72
    flamegirl72 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3 of C25K Complete :) Still a bit sore but not enough to keep me from the treadmill :)

Are you feeling better?

I am feeling better...only a trace of stiffness remains...gonna try the shred again tomorrow.

Good job to you for finishing your runs today!!
  • jrmc83
    jrmc83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    duplicate
  • jrmc83
    Options

Great job on the C25K!! I hope I can stay motivated to get to week 6! Good for you! How far did you get in the shred and what is stopping you from re-starting it? I have only done one day so far and had to skip the next one because I was in excruciating pain form the muscle soreness. I overdid it on day 1 I guess. Jillian kicked my *kitten*. I plan to try it again tomorrow. Today was rest day. I am supposed to do shred tomorrow and start week 3 of C25K on Monday. I think tomorrow maybe I will just do it without weights at all and see how it goes or use lighter ones. I don't want to quit, but I don't want three more days of that pain either!!! lol

I'm just lazy! I never thought about doing shred without weights. I have zero upper body strength so it kills me every time. Maybe I should give it a try with no weights too!
  • jrmc83
    Options

That is awesome! Week 4 has been tough for me. We'll see how week 5 goes tomorrow.

week 5 day one was hard for me but days 2 and 3 seemed to flow better. i think i preferred having fewer breaks so i didn't loose my momentum . Just think you're halfway there! You can do it!
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    Just saw this thread.. I'm doing both shred and c25k as well. I'm fully committed to the shred and have done it for 16 days straight (except one) so far. In addition, I plan on doing C25K on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Just did week 2 day 1 today, so haven't gotten that far there yet.

I've noticed that on days where I do both, I have to start out with running and then do the shred. If I do it the other way around my legs are just two heavy for running...
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just saw this thread.. I'm doing both shred and c25k as well. I'm fully committed to the shred and have done it for 16 days straight (except one) so far. In addition, I plan on doing C25K on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Just did week 2 day 1 today, so haven't gotten that far there yet.

I've noticed that on days where I do both, I have to start out with running and then do the shred. If I do it the other way around my legs are just two heavy for running...

Welcome! We're happy to have you here. We are all doing things at a different pace.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    week 5 day one was hard for me but days 2 and 3 seemed to flow better. i think i preferred having fewer breaks so i didn't loose my momentum . Just think you're halfway there! You can do it!

On week 4, I moved my workouts around so I was doing the 2 five minute runs first and finishing up with the 3 minute runs. It seemed to help. I also think that the breaks make it harder to keep going.
  • annacham
    annacham Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bump. Fab thred but no time to write tonight will post properly tomorrow, You are all doing so great.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I completed week 1 of C25k on friday, looking forward to week 2! Add me guys, I could do with some friends along the journey!
  • flamegirl72
    Options
    2nd workout in level 1 of 30DS complete :0

I can't remember who suggested it, but when I was done the shred, I immediately went to the treadmill and did a lower heart rate walk to help disperse the lactic acid and hopefully prevent some of the impending soreness. I also did the shred without weights today knowing how bad it was last time. If it's not too bad this time I will re-add weights next workout.

Tomorrow starts week 3 of c25k. Looking forward to it :)

Welcome caned_ferret, annacham, and tinamth!

Have a great night everyone!
  • hauntgoddess
    hauntgoddess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 3 of Week 4 of the couch to 5k. I'm feeling a lot better these days after the exercising, and am able to treat my migraines better. I've learned that the more food I consume the more energy I have to complete my workouts. I am pretty sore though today still from doing walking lunges to improve my running stride for the first time in years, but I'm still going to do my workout today :D
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Welcome, New Comers!

I missed my workout yesterday becausse my in-laws came over to celebrate my little girl's birthday and they didn't leave until late.

I did Week 5, Day 1 of C25k today. I'm hoping to get to my shredding later this afternoon.
  • flamegirl72
    Options
    Did Week 3 Day 1 of C25K today. The 3 minute runs were really hard. I completed them all, but I was really breathless by the end of them and wasn't completely recovered in the 2 minute walk. Hopefully I am just having an off day and this will improve in the next two runs because I don't want to have to repeat week three....but I suppose I am getting ahead of myself...lol. One day at a time :)

As for this day....SUCCESS!!!

And no onsetting stiffness yet from yesterdays shred....maybe I will add smaller weights back in tomorrow.

Happy Day Everyone!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Level 2, Day 4 finished.

Good work, Flamegirl!
  • flamegirl72
    Options
    Day 3 of Level 1 Complete!

I re-added 3lb weights instead of 5's and it seemed good. By next week I want to be back up to 5's. I almost got through the first set of pushups today. Last time I could only do 11 today I did 14....if I had been able to do 2 more I woulda finished the set! However on second set my arms were still rubber and I could only do 6. Hahahaha.

Went right for the treadmill after shred and did a 5k walk too. Feeling really good today!
  • CricketKate
    Options

I re-added 3lb weights instead of 5's and it seemed good. By next week I want to be back up to 5's. I almost got through the first set of pushups today. Last time I could only do 11 today I did 14....if I had been able to do 2 more I woulda finished the set! However on second set my arms were still rubber and I could only do 6. Hahahaha.

Went right for the treadmill after shred and did a 5k walk too. Feeling really good today!

That's fantastic! Wow! You're using 5's? I only use 3's for most of it.
  • flamegirl72
    Options

That's fantastic! Wow! You're using 5's? I only use 3's for most of it.

The first day I just grabbed the first weights I found and they were the 5's. Likely why I was soooooo sore. Next workout was no weights but no stiffness at all so I thought I could do more. Dug out my 3's this morning and I think I will stick with them for a bit. Although I would like to get back to the 5's eventually :)
  • flamegirl72
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2 of C25K complete :)