GIRLS ONLY!!

Options
124»

Replies

• cryspetstalerson
    Options
    lisaelainee, I do the same stuff while on period as without it. I don't do running thought, when it comes to outside it's walking. Indoors I'm doing Nike workouts, which work pretty well. Together with a diet I lose around 1kg per day (2.2 lbs / per day).
    http://www.nike.com/nikewomen/features/ntc?locale=en_US

I hate pads, have you tried tampons? They're more comfy when you're exercising.

I am scared of tampons and yet I'm sexually active, weird huh. (and too much info aha)

As others have suggested, the menstral cup is AWESOME. I am a new user. I don't feel it, and with Tampons my cramps would be worse. Not sure why, but they were. The menstral cup takes time to get used to. If you want to try it, they sell soft cups at walgreens, but they also sell more durable ones online.
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to how many men came in here anyways and left all :frown:

Ha, was thinking the same thing.
    I've noticed that since I've started exercising my cramps are so much more tolerable. So I do my normal routine, I also workout at home, that helps a lot.
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    lisaelainee I was scared of tampons too at the beginning I hate applicators, maybe you should give it a go and see if you'll get used to? It might take a while, but I am pretty sure you won't be able to come back to wearing pads any more, or as girls said try diva cup (although I am scared of that one I admit).
  • FionaNiConnor
    FionaNiConnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    As others have suggested, the menstral cup is AWESOME. I am a new user. I don't feel it, and with Tampons my cramps would be worse. Not sure why, but they were. The menstral cup takes time to get used to. If you want to try it, they sell soft cups at walgreens, but they also sell more durable ones online.

I am also in the Lessened Cramps Camp. I've been using a Diva Cup for I think three years now. My period is actually pretty awesome- it only comes around five or six times a year and it only lasts three or four days, though the first day + is usually super-heavy. In any case, when I was on HBC, my cycle was "regular," but extraordinarily painful. Tampons certainly weren't helping- getting of HBC made the cramps less painful but switching from tampons to my beloved Diva Cup dropped my cramps to almost nothing.
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    I'd say work out at home, keeping it to low impact if you have particularly bad cramps.

Something like pilates or yoga focused around controlled movement and stretching will help make you feel better (I've found).
    I tend to still go to the gym to do my normal routine but don't push as hard through the pain!