Tall women??

Options

Replies

• idziak04
    idziak04 Posts: 69
    Options
    Hey there ladies! I am 5'10 and when I began this journey I was 174 pounds. I am currently 168. My goal weight is going to be between 150-155. The lowest I have weighed in my adult life was 145 about 12 years ago. I was miserable and didn't really understand how nutrition worked so I pretty much starved myself all the time. I will never do that again. I have been doing Jillian Michaels DVD'S and I will say that my stomach has not been this flat since before I had my kids. (I had 4 c-sections in under 7 years.) Good luck to everyone here!

Amy
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal is 160. At 158 people were calling me skinny. I would never go below 150.
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and when I was in my 40's I weight 150 and felt great. Not too thin. Still have 30 lbs to go.
  • alexiaans
    alexiaans Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, and my goal weight is 170. I would go for 160, but I think that would affect my curves too much. I'm 20 lbs away, woo-hoo!
  • KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and currently at 155 pounds (I was about 160 in my profile picture). I am trying to get to 140, but I'm also training for a figure competition. So, that 140 for me will be more muscular than average and low bodyfat (15% is what I'm shooting for). I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but that's my goal. At my current 155 and about 20% BF, I'm comfortably in a size 6.
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and aiming for 160. When I was 5'10" I was 130 pounds and now all I can think of is ew. I can't even imagine taking another 45 pounds off and not looking like death. But everyone is different, you can take 2 people of the same height and weight and they can carry it differently. So for me, 160 and then reasses, but I think 160 is my magic number.
  • IndyInk
    IndyInk Posts: 212
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I'm planning to stop losing weight at 140. According to the calculators, 127 would be the underweight mark for me.
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11.5
    I would kill to be about 180-200 range. I don't look good super skinny. it makes me look sick. I look better "curvy".

I would say do whatever you feel good in! Its your body after all...you're the one walking around in it. Get to where YOU are comfortable. :)

I am 5 10 and I agree with her I want to be betwwen 180-200 range.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm a broad 5'9 and am going to hopefully get down to 170 and will probably maintain then. I've never been smaller than a 14, maybe a 12 on top but I am curvy in my frame so I know I will never be able to go smaller than that
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal is 175. I tend to be somewhat muscular, so for me 175 is healthy and easily maintainable with minimal work. I was 159 when I got married and MANY People told me I looked too skinny. It was also tough for me to maintain.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    height-weight-chart.gif
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and have a goal weight of 155. I was 159 on Sunday (22 BMI) and a size 8/10 pant. Big booty and boobs no matter what weight I am. Now, I'm on a mission to look incredible naked/in a bikini. Good luck to you - it's a bumpy ride but it's so worth it!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Options
    Yay other tall women :) !!! Congrats on all your weight loss!! I think between 150 and 160 will be small enough for me too.....I just struggle when people (like me lovely sis-in-law) go on about their weight and she weighs 98lbs !!! Or when I tell people I've lost 32lbs and they look at me strange when I tell them I'm still 184 - that sounds SO huge to all my shorter friends! :)

HA! No one EVER believes me when I say I'm around 200 lbs. I say I have about 30 lbs to lose and they say "Where?" While that feels good and all, it definately gives a different perspective to how I carry my weight.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Options
    height-weight-chart.gif

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with this chart. My husband is 5'10" and weighs 209 and is NOT 39 lbs overweight. What he is, though, is naturally muscular. His arms and legs are pure muscle (we were even told during a wellness check for insurance). They couldn't find fat on them anywhere. When I met him he was 165 and SKINNY (from a not very healthy lifestyle). So this chart does NOT apply to everyone.
  • jackiesaurus
    jackiesaurus Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal is 160. At 158 people were calling me skinny. I would never go below 150.

I'm also 5'8" and my goal is 150. I definitely felt my best before college in the 145 - 155 range. I don't think I could go below 145 without all my bones sticking out. Unfortunately, I'm only at 167 right now :(
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'9 and would be comfortable at 150 or 160. i'm pretty curvy so any smaller than that would look weird.
    congrats on your progress!

this except in 5'8"
  • powersmatti
    Options
    I'm 5'11" with a large frame and very curvy. I don't think I could go less than 170 lbs. without looking emaciated. I was 180 (size 10) in high school.
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    height-weight-chart.gif

According to that, I should be 153lbs! That surprises me. At 150, I have a belly that bulges out over the top of my jeans.

If you look at my photos, you'll see one of me taken when I was 140 in January . I'm the one sitting in a restaurant booth wearing a blue sweater. (I gained six pounds when I quit smoking, which is why I'm here.) Actually, my main profile photo was taken the day before that one - you can see my collar bones pretty clearly in it.

At that time, I still had a belly, even though I look very thin!

That's just how I'm built, I guess... any excess fat goes to my belly. I'm not being dysmorphic and deluded, either. My waist-to-hip ratio is not good at all. I wear a larger size than people expect. About a size 10 American, maybe a 12? In the UK I'm now a 14. I'd like to fit into 12....

Sometimes people make snotty comments about how thin I am, but I shrug them off. I eat a lot. I exercise. I want my waist to be smaller in relation to my hips. It's up to me to decide what looks good.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal is 145, but If I'm satisfied with how I look before I get to 145, then I'll stop.
  • jparker12379
    jparker12379 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and aiming for 155

I was 160 and looked deathly before but I did not get there in a healthy way so this time I hoping that slow losing and toning will give me a better physique ,.... we shall see I