Tall women??

Options

Replies

• jenlatham
    jenlatham Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you, but with a large frame and a good deal of muscle mass. I went from 226 (after my second baby) to 169 and was very fit. Three years later I'm up to 185 and am working on getting back to 175. 169 was hard to maintain, and 175 felt just right!
  • girlwapp
    girlwapp Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    5'9" and aiming for 165.... the last time I was below 160 I was burning ~ 6,000 calories a day and had no life besides varsity swimming. Not interested in that again (there's a reason why I quit).

and anyone who tells me I should be 140-145 is simply wrong. On my frame that would look underweight, which I have no interest in being.
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    I'm 6ft and I'm looking at 150-160 (I'll see when I get there) but I want to be fit rather than skinny.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11. I'm about 178 in my profile picture (currently). My goal is 162 but that is a stretch -- but I really just want to see if I can do it. Definately want to lose 10lbs by the time I have to throw the ol bikini on during my vacation (June 2).
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    This is going to vary so much depending on your frame. I'm 5'10" and when i weighed 145 (a very long time ago!) My doctor was always badgering me about being under weight and wanted me to put on 20lbs. I am pear shaped so carry my weight in my butt and thighs...at 145 you could count my ribs and vertabrae... but i still had a big butt and thicker thighs.

My goal is set to 175, however once i'm below 200, i'll be playing it by ear. My shape has changed with age (i'm 39) and having babies, so i think i'll see how i look below 200 and likely switch to "maintenance" calories as if i weighed 165 lbs (which is about 1800 calories) and continue exercising and let my body do what it wants with that. 1800 seems sustainable for me long term (actually a little high for the average day) and 165 is what the doctor thought would be ideal for my build...if my body wants to go there it will...or it will stop somewhere between 200 and 165. I'm ok with letting it decide where i will land. :smile:
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am just under 5'10. I currently weigh 173 and I feel like I need to lose at least 25 more. 145 is my goal weight. I was at 125 6 years ago and that was VERY skinny and unhealthy. As I gained weight I felt the best at 145. I was in asize 6-8 at that weight and I would LOVE to be there again. This time the right way!!
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I would like to maintain my weight around 150. Just spent this last weekend in Monterey/Carmel CA and I'm up from 155 to 160 after enjoying all the great food. Weight loss hasn't affected me losing my curves at all. My goal is to get to a weight that I'm comfortable with. I want people to look at me and see fit...not skinny.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    There is also a group for tall ladies.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/109-tall-women
  • Determined24
    Determined24 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1 I am currently 200lbs my starting weight was 240lbs my goal weight is actually between 180-185lbs. When I was younger I weighed 150lbs looking at those pics I looked sick. I am actually pretty content with my current size I am in a size 14 would like to narrow my waist a little more. Congrats on what you have accomplished so far. My doctor actually told me if I lose 10 more lbs that I would be in the healthy range for my height.
  • valorieflowers
    Options
    I am 5'10 and my best weight was 155. I could have gone as low as 150 but any less would be too thin I think. However if you are building muscle you might need to weigh a little more. I was not fit or muscular when I was at 155. I think size 10 or so is ideal for this height.
  • irkedone
    irkedone Posts: 3
    Options
    hey! I'm 5'9 and my Goal is 175. That is how much I weighed (about) for my wedding, and I think I looked great then! I have a big frame, and back then I was pretty muscular. This time, 175 is my goal, and I'll see how I look, if I need to lose a few more, so be it! If you struggle with the number, don't think about the number! Get an honest, outside opinion on how you look. Ask that *****y, brutally honest girlfriend of yours to tell you!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    i'm 6' and my goal is going to be about 155 i think. i currently weigh 162. i do have a small/narrow frame. Even at 162, i STILL wear a size 14 jeans, because this mama's got an @ss!! :laugh:

when i started, i was at 194 and didn't lose anything on the 1200cal 2 lb/week plan. when i upped to about 1500 (I think) i began to lose. if you're having trouble, or are stuck, i recommend upping those cals!! Good work ladies! :drinker:
  • stacie48
    stacie48 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Love this topic! I may be the short one in the bunch. I am 5'8.5 I have shunk I was in a really bad accident and after 14 surgeries I am not as tall :) The lowest I have know me to be was when I was 37 I was 137 - only stayed at that for a very very short time. And after I have put on weight people told me I was WAY too thin. I did not think so. I am a medium frame (I guess). I am

SW: 176
    CW: 168
    GW: 145 - I think
  • LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    height-weight-chart.gif

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with this chart. My husband is 5'10" and weighs 209 and is NOT 39 lbs overweight. What he is, though, is naturally muscular. His arms and legs are pure muscle (we were even told during a wellness check for insurance). They couldn't find fat on them anywhere. When I met him he was 165 and SKINNY (from a not very healthy lifestyle). So this chart does NOT apply to everyone.

Have to agree, this chart doesn't work for me either!
  • LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    I'm 6 feet tall! I'm not set on a number, I would like to be in a size 4. I fit into one now (with a muffin top!). I have a very small frame and actually wouldn't mind being heavier except that I only seem to gain weight in my tummy and bum so I just look out of proportion (I have no boobs at any weight!).
  • KF1216
    KF1216 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm also on the short end of this group, just barely 5'9". Got up to 250 while pregnant with my second baby and am now down to 189. My first goal is 175 and I'll reevaluate then. I am so much more fit than I have ever been so I'm interested to see what my body looks like at that weight. 145-150 sounds so thin but I plan to keep going until I have the body I want. I've never been so committee to losing weight and being healthy and am psyched to see what my body can do:) Maybe I'd look great at 150, I've never been there (since I was twelve) to know! :)
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    im 6' and thinking 170ish sounds good...im going to see when i actually reach that though and go from there :)
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" my goal is 165. So I think you are about right =)
  • BJPitts
    BJPitts Posts: 6
    Options
    I am 6 ft and would love to go back down to about 175 lbs. I was around 175 before I started having children and could fit into a size 12 to 14. Anything smaller than that makes me look too skinny. I prefer to be healthy but not sickly looking. I have lost 12 lbs over the past 2 months and am well on my way to my goal. Good luck ladies! Nice to see there are other tall women out there! :)
  • RIR1217
    RIR1217 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Check what the weight range for your BMI (body mass index) and then choose your weight from there.