Tall women??

Options

Replies

• TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Hi Frankie,

I am 5'9" and my ideal weight would be about 160. I was at one point 150 and everyone said I looked too skinny or ill. I of course thought I looked great :) I would be thrilled to be 160 again
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I got down to 155 at one point, I thought I was lookin' pretty good, but a few years ago when I started on my weight loss journey (again) I saw a pic of myself, I looked terrible (I did not know a person could be that color of grey) so I set my goal for 160, for now, when I get there I'll re-evaluate to see if I can go down more, but have the realistic understanding that with my body shape/type, 160 may be just fine (it is the high end of the weight range for someone my height and shape...)

If you're really concerned, check with your primary care doctor, when I discussed it with mine, I told her that I had been encouraged by one weight loss place to go down to 140, but I didn't think that would be good for me and she agreed with me, she said that with my height and body structure it would be bad for me and I would look anorexic because I just don't have the body type for it. She agreed that 160 would be a good goal weight and she actually would not recommend me going below 150.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    5'10 and currently 229 lbs. I am not really concerned with BMI because I was an athlete in college and at my fittest I was at 14% bodyfat (basically rock solid all over except for my bewbies) but still in an "overweight" BMI.

This time around I am losing pounds slowly, but inches much faster and I think I like it. It's definitely more manageable. I think I'm done with what the scale says for now, and would rather get my body fat % down to 19% from where it is now (28%).

I'm so excited for all of us, and love reading all of your stories, fellow Tall Ladies Of The World! :smile:
  • sbarnhill99
    sbarnhill99 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and weight now 192lbs and my goal is 160 which is great for me not model skinny but just right. I once weighted 142 pounds when I got real sick when I was pregnant and I look so sick and dead like I would never want to weight that again.
  • jlshaw77
    jlshaw77 Posts: 23
    Options
    Very glad to readthis thread. I am 5'9" and currently 174 lbs. I was surprised recently that my bmi calculated at just over 25. I have been as thin as 140 but I think that is too low for me. My current goal is 160. It is so interesting to read how varied the goalweights are of us tall women and all are reasonable for various reasons. I agree with some of the previous comments that waist to hip ratio is a good number to take into consideration.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Love this topic! I may be the short one in the bunch. I am 5'8.5 I have shunk I was in a really bad accident and after 14 surgeries I am not as tall :) The lowest I have know me to be was when I was 37 I was 137 - only stayed at that for a very very short time. And after I have put on weight people told me I was WAY too thin. I did not think so. I am a medium frame (I guess). I am

SW: 176
    CW: 168
    GW: 145 - I think

Stacie you just described me to a T. At one point I was dealing with alot and I dropped down into the 130s. My absolute low was 127 and thank god I only stayed there for about a week. Everyone was commenting that I was a skeleton. I'm 5'8" and hanging out around 145 right now. I really want to stay at 140 but I'm having a hard time with these last 5 lbs. My size 8s (US) fit and are a bit loose, but some of my size 6s are too tight. I'd love to get back to where I could just grab a 6 and buy it without trying it on.
  • jennyhotpants
    jennyhotpants Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5' 11" and currently 166 lbs. with a goal of 155 lbs. I have a medium-sized frame so less than 150 lbs. is a bit too skinny for me.
  • sonnyless
    sonnyless Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My goal weight is 160 pounds. That's the weight that I want to maintain. I started off at 233 pounds. Oh and we are currently around the same weight. :)
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I find it really weird when some say 155 was too skinny, when even my highest weight, without exercising, and eating meals and a lot of chocolate, was less than that. To me, skinny, I suppose, would be when you are getting below the minimum BMI, or getting to model skinny, which is generally around 105Ibs-112 for many models today. But that is just me, maybe it is because I am in the Uk or something.

I am 5'9 and a half and currently weigh 124Ibs. I am trying to maintain around 126 as that is where I am comfortable right now.
    My natural, not exercising, eating what I want weight, is around 140Ibs. And I had always assumed that was an ample weight for my height. I had meat on my bones at that size, I had a bottom and I was a Uk size 10, sometimes an 8.

I am a medium build. My hips don't go below 34 no matter what I do and are currently 25. There is exactly a 10 inch difference between my waist and hips which I am guessing is pretty good.

I don't think I could get to 160 or the like if I tried, and that is when I am eating what I want, not exercising and not in the middle of an eating disordered phase. It is weird.
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my first goal is to get to 160 and then 155 pounds or where ever in-between that feels right. I just want to be at a normal BMI :)
  • rahrah82
    rahrah82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and aiming for 175 .. anything less and I just don't look right.. I think it all depends on you :o)
  • Starbella19
    Starbella19 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Can everyone include their body fat percentages. I think that says a lot more than just weight alone.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and currently bouncing between 145 and 150. I would like to get down to 135 - 140.
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It's all about what you feel comfortable with and how you carry it. I am 5'9'' and currently weigh 160lbs. I still have my big boobs, a decent *kitten* and nice size thighs. I am fine with my body size when I look in the mirror, I just want to tone and build muscle. I am not aiming for skinny, I'm aiming for sexy.
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and currently bouncing between 145 and 150. I would like to get down to 135 - 140.

I thought I was the only one!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and am stuck at 174, but wearing a size 6 comfortably... I was down to 160 for a while, but then I started putting on more muscle mass.

If you are doing mostly cardio, I'd say 165 ish is a great healthy weight... if you're adding weight training to your routine, be happy closer to 170.

I'd still love to be in the 160's, but am getting to be happy with the weight I'm at.
  • Nektariosmom
    Nektariosmom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for helping me figure this out! :smile:
  • Nektariosmom
    Nektariosmom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's fascinating how everyone can have the same weight but have completely different clothing sizes. I am 5'11" and 170 and a 10/12. Even when I weighed 150/155 I was a 10 or even 145 in high school I was never smaller than a 9 in junior sizes. I see women on here that are my weight and are a size 6. I don't even think I will be a size 6 in my casket.
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing! Like the beautiful size six just above us... I'm only 5'10" and I was maybe a size six when I weighed 125 lbs... (although a size 6 nearly 20 years ago might be different than a size six today, due to vanity sizing.)

Also, when I was that age, I remember reading the stats on Cindy Crawford. She was 130lbs and 5'10" - I was the same size but looked nothing like her. She was much curvier.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" Around 140. My body fat is around 25%. I'd like it to be 20 or 22% body fat. I am not trying to lose weight anymore but increase my lean body mass and decrease my body fat.