Football Predictions ****MEN ONLY***

Options

Replies

• TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see your 'American Footballers' play some of our Rugby players. Then we'll see how much they enjoy it :)
    Let's see, guys that weigh 300lbs that have 5.0 speed in a 40yd dash vs guys that at most weigh 200lbs with the same speed? Hmmmm I think the laws of physics favor the NFL player here. It's one thing to play against guys your own size, another to play against behemoths who are athletic. I liken it to me playing against a bunch of kindergarteners.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

You mean 200lbs and 100lbs of padding...
    :drinker:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see your 'American Footballers' play some of our Rugby players. Then we'll see how much they enjoy it :)
    Let's see, guys that weigh 300lbs that have 5.0 speed in a 40yd dash vs guys that at most weigh 200lbs with the same speed? Hmmmm I think the laws of physics favor the NFL player here. It's one thing to play against guys your own size, another to play against behemoths who are athletic. I liken it to me playing against a bunch of kindergarteners.

IDEA Fitness member

John (The Bull) Hayes; Munster and Ireland Prop.
    29274.gif

No padding and helmet there.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Name one team sport the US competes on an international basis and does well in?
    Track and Field, Swimming, Basketball to name a few. If you're trying to lead into soccer, the reason why it's not popular here is because it's considered quite boring and football is a game we enjoy more. Plus the sport helps to support colleges around the US.

IDEA Fitness member
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Plus the sport helps to support colleges around the US.

That's the one thing I really quite admire about it...you have 'drafts' or something of your own college students (as far as I can tell?) And isn't college football huge? Ie, stadiums and stuff.
    I'd love to see UK football teams do a similar thing with out young people but it'd never happen.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Name one team sport the US competes on an international basis and does well in?
    Track and Field, Swimming, Basketball to name a few. If you're trying to lead into soccer, the reason why it's not popular here is because it's considered quite boring and football is a game we enjoy more. Plus the sport helps to support colleges around the US.

IDEA Fitness member
    And the fan base is, men, women (as shown on this forum) children and the elderly. Not just a bunch of drunk hooligan frat boys....
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Lol, that's before the padding. But put pads on the Rugby guys.................they would still get smashed. Rugby guys can't even make an NFL team. Many have tried, but lack speed, skill and catching ability.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    John (The Bull) Hayes; Munster and Ireland Prop.
    29274.gif

No padding and helmet there.
    Woo hoo, a player over 250lbs getting tackled by guys weighing 180lbs. Yeah, like I said, it's like matching me up against a bunch of kindergarteners. I could be all pro if it was like that.....................

IDEA Fitness member
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Lol, that's before the padding. But put pads on the Rugby guys.................they would still get smashed. Rugby guys can't even make an NFL team. Many have tried, but lack speed, skill and catching ability.
    The two sports are quite different in how they are played. American football has a series of short burst of explosive speed, and the risk for injury requires the protective equipment.

Both sports are fantastic, and have incredible athletes playing them. To call one group out for the padding is silly, as the two games are quite different and have different risks involved.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    32 different countries play at the "soccer" World Cup, and over 100 actually try to qualify.

How many countries compete in your baseball World Series?

World? Really? :P
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Well back to the NFL, I think I like Tebow and the Broncos for the win since my Titans and the hubs Seahawks are out. And I usually for the underdog! Was kind of hoping the Colts would let Peyton go and he'd come back here to TN. Maybe Muncheck will go to Penn state and Fisher will come back and get us going again!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    32 different countries play at the "soccer" World Cup, and over 100 actually try to qualify.

When the World Series was first devised in 1903, international baseball teams were nearly non-existent. Baseball is quite entrenched in tradition, and nobody is going to change the name now.

There is a World Baseball Classic played every four years. Sadly, the US sends a rag-tag 3rd string group of players, which makes it a bit of a joke.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    sounds like fisher is on the hot track to land in Miami...
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I don't have a penis...but I'd like to see Packers vs Patriots

OR

Saints vs Patriots.

Saints vs Patriots! YES... and the Saints can dominate!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Most countries can't afford stadiums much less support a team for 162 games a year. That's why talented baseball players come to the US to play.

Think about it.............if soccer made money and players were played millions in the US, how many players from other countries would leave their country's team to play in the US if that were the case?
    It's not popular here, so our best athletes play football, baseball and basketball.

IDEA Fitness member
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Patriots beat the Steelers to win the AFC

Saints go to San Fran and win, while the Falcons go to Green Bay and beat the Packers in a shocking upset.

Saints beat the falcons in the super dome for the NFC and go on to beat the Patriots again in Indy!!

I'm a bit bias # WHODAT

YES!! ALL OF THESE THINGS PLEASE!!!!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Dominican Republic
    Venezuala
    Puerto Rico
    Netherlands
    Japan
    South Korea
    China
    Canada
    Tiawan
    Mexico
    Australia

Not as popular as "Soccer" but you cannot deny that baseball is a world game.

Back to the Super Bowl: I'm going with Saints vs Patriots
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

Most countries can't afford stadiums much less support a team for 162 games a year. That's why talented baseball players come to the US to play.

Think about it.............if soccer made money and players were played millions in the US, how many players from other countries would leave their country's team to play in the US if that were the case?
    It's not popular here, so our best athletes play football, baseball and basketball.

IDEA Fitness member

and really, look how ethnically diverse the MLB is! If you're good you play in the cities that can afford you. Speaking of which...the WORLD Juniors is on right now...god bless hockey! GO CANADA!!! It's time to put the Russians to bed!!!!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options

Dominican Republic
    Venezuala
    Puerto Rico
    Netherlands
    Japan
    South Korea
    China
    Canada
    Tiawan
    Mexico
    Australia
    And even though countries do not compete in the World Series, nearly a third of the players in the league were born outside of the US.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I don't care who the 9ers play. If they win, they play for the division championship. If I had a choice, I would want Green Bay to lose at home and the 9ers to win, so that whomever beat Green Bay would have to come to SF for the championship. But I'm dreaming right now.........................I expect the Saints to win and the Giants to win. We'll probably end up playing the Saints and that will be our biggest test of the season.

IDEA Fitness member
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

World affluency is also why soccer is the worlds most popular. What do you need for soccer? A big field, a ball, and a clock that winds up to 90. The other sports require expensive equipment. Part of the reason hockey isn't more popular. Ice time, and equipement is expensive.