Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    lions will win the superbowl, the cubs will in the world series, america will embrace soccer, and then the world will end on dec 21.
  • JoleneCooper
    JoleneCooper Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know this is a men only thing but I read it because I love football! (American)
    With that being said I have to say WTF to all the insults about which countries footballs, baseballs or any other balls are better. I love MFP for being international so get off of it already and get back to the NFL!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    because women don't like football?
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    I predict the Cowboys will again SUCK this year! I dont like the owner (Jerry Jones) and I grew up a die hard Cowboy's fan! Get that jerk out and have another owner come in who doesnt call the shots to the head coach.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

But, really... Saying something like, "All I know is that the US thinks sport revolves around them" is silly. If sports in the US draw more fans and ratings worldwide than sports in other countries, does that make Americans ignorant or conceited?

Yes.

(This is a sports thread, ribbing is a requirement)

The US thinks ALL things revolve around them.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Doctor, save yourself now & at least pretend you were being sarcastic. Maybe that way your fellow countryman won't be tarred with the same brush lmao.

Russ
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    lions will win the superbowl, the cubs will in the world series, america will embrace soccer, and then the world will end on dec 21.

At that point thank God.
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Forza Juve!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I predict the Cowboys will again SUCK this year! I dont like the owner (Jerry Jones) and I grew up a die hard Cowboy's fan! Get that jerk out and have another owner come in who doesnt call the shots to the head coach.

Cowboys need a General Manager that is NOT Jerry Jones.
    And a new QB and secondary wouldn't hurt either.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Barca.

vas a ver cuando el deportivo vuelve a primera! AUPA DEPOR! SER DO LOS QUE GANAN ES MUY FACIL!! SER DEL DEPORTIVO ME PARACE MEJOR!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I know this is a men only thing but I read it because I love football! (American)
    With that being said I have to say WTF to all the insults about which countries footballs, baseballs or any other balls are better. I love MFP for being international so get off of it already and get back to the NFL!

You mustn't be familiar with how just how much of an argument any discussion about sports generates. :laugh:
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

You mustn't be familiar with how just how much of an argument any discussion about sports generates. :laugh:

It's because we're men and we like our sports :laugh:
  • vonalj
    vonalj Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Steelers!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

But, really... Saying something like, "All I know is that the US thinks sport revolves around them" is silly. If sports in the US draw more fans and ratings worldwide than sports in other countries, does that make Americans ignorant or conceited?

Yes.

(This is a sports thread, ribbing is a requirement)

The US thinks ALL things revolve around them.
    Yeah but we love a good freak show.. thats why 1.2 million of us tuned in to watch that twinkie Kate and pretty boy william tie the knot... .
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    because women don't like football?

Don't get all offended, dear. Let the boys have their circle jerk :laugh:
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Been a Tebow fan since his FL days (huge Gators fan here). I don't think you win the Heisman by being an "AWFUL quarterback. Nor do I think you bring a 1-4 team back from the dead by being an "AWFUL quarterback".

His completion average - Terrible (Under 50%)

He tends to overthrow or underthrow. Almost always, but especially on long throws. His turnover rate is incredibly high. He holds onto the ball for WAY too long, which CAN lead to big plays... for either him OR the defense. His situational awareness is not good. He doesn't see his open man far too often.

Basically, his only real strength is the option. Hes fast, and he's big.

Hes a mediocre QB, at best.

Oh, one last thing - he does tend to perform much better when the heat is on and they are down. I guess that helps.
  • blueandigo
    Options
    Let's go pack. I bet The bengals win though.
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Some of us women live for football season... and don't participate in women only posts.

Just saying :ohwell:
  • Sheila531
    Options
    Go Pats!!!