Football Predictions ****MEN ONLY***

Options

Replies

• TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

But, really... Saying something like, "All I know is that the US thinks sport revolves around them" is silly. If sports in the US draw more fans and ratings worldwide than sports in other countries, does that make Americans ignorant or conceited?

Yes.

(This is a sports thread, ribbing is a requirement)

The US thinks ALL things revolve around them.
    Yeah but we love a good freak show.. thats why 1.2 million of us tuned in to watch that twinkie Kate and pretty boy william tie the knot... .

Hardly a freak show...
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

Damn right. Trust the yanks to rename a global sport 'Soccer' then call their fake rugby football.
    :P

:smile:

The rules of football were codified in England by the Football Association in 1863 and the name association football was coined to distinguish the game from the other forms of football played at the time, specifically rugby football. The term soccer originated in England, first appearing in the 1880s as an Oxford "-er" abbreviation of the word "association".

Within the English-speaking world, association football is usually called football (or colloquially footy) in the United Kingdom, and soccer in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the United States. Other countries may use either or both terms, and may also have local names for the sport.

Bump, in case this was missed. holla.gif
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    reality is nothing that bleeds for 7 days and lives is human.....

So you think we are all goddesses then?
    i was thinking more like zombies..... I know my ex is cold and lifeless....

I'm not sure whether that means you murdered her or not.....
    I plead the 5th....

Lol wise move!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    American Football should really be called "wimps running around wrapped in cotton wool".

My prediction is that Manchester City will slip up and United will win the Premier League.

Glory, Glory, Man United. :smile:
    Lol, till one of them run over a soccer player.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Yeah but we love a good freak show.. thats why 1.2 million of us tuned in to watch that twinkie Kate and pretty boy william tie the knot... .

That was nothing compared to My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. I thought it was beautiful but traveler weddings are outrageously extravagant. You should check them out.
  • AnnaCVeach
    AnnaCVeach Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well....everyone has been talking about the NFL so I'm going to go ahead and jump off the cliff by saying.......

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

Bama over LSU on the 9th!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Damn right. Trust the yanks to rename a global sport 'Soccer' then call their fake rugby football.
    Twinks think American Football is lame. That's because they can't play it. American Football is for Americans to enjoy. Go play kickball now.........

IDEA Fitness member
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Well....everyone has been talking about the NFL so I'm going to go ahead and jump off the cliff by saying.......

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

Ah hah! Southerner!
  • TheDoctor90
    Options
    Twinks think American Football is lame. That's because they can't play it. American Football is for Americans to enjoy. Go play kickball now.........

IDEA Fitness member

I'd like to see your 'American Footballers' play some of our Rugby players. Then we'll see how much they enjoy it :)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Who knows then. All I know is that the US thinks sport revolves around them. 'The World Series'...competitors involved = the US. :p
    IT does. Why do you think foreigners are now trying to get into the NBA, MLB, NFL? Cause of the money!

IDEA Fitness member
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Been a Tebow fan since his FL days (huge Gators fan here). I don't think you win the Heisman by being an "AWFUL quarterback. Nor do I think you bring a 1-4 team back from the dead by being an "AWFUL quarterback".

His completion average - Terrible (Under 50%)

He tends to overthrow or underthrow. Almost always, but especially on long throws. His turnover rate is incredibly high. He holds onto the ball for WAY too long, which CAN lead to big plays... for either him OR the defense. His situational awareness is not good. He doesn't see his open man far too often.

Basically, his only real strength is the option. Hes fast, and he's big.

Hes a mediocre QB, at best.

Oh, one last thing - he does tend to perform much better when the heat is on and they are down. I guess that helps.

Meh, he's a running QB, which isn't seen often in the NFL. I guess you could say he's a prima-donna, but a good old christian boy...so the two rule each other out? :laugh:
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    I have a vagina and prefer to talk about football.

I love vagina and like to talk about football.

PS Great day to be a Bears fan...kinda.
    :ohwell:
  • TheDoctor90
    Options
    Who knows then. All I know is that the US thinks sport revolves around them. 'The World Series'...competitors involved = the US. :p
    IT does. Why do you think foreigners are now trying to get into the NBA, MLB, NFL? Cause of the money!

IDEA Fitness member

Name one team sport the US competes on an international basis and does well in?
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have a vagina and prefer to talk about football.

Me too. I'm sick to death of Tebow this and Tebow that...I mean what IS the attraction? :indifferent: Rodgers is 5 times the QB Tebow is.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member
    Basketball. Women's Soccer.

Sadly, we never send a decent contingent to the Olympics or World Baseball Classic, but we would wipe the rest of the world up.
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Basketball and War.
  • AnnaCVeach
    AnnaCVeach Posts: 56 Member
    Options

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

Ah hah! Southerner!

That I am.....that I am.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Basketball and War.

b8a68_ORIG-oh_snap.gif
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Basketball and War.

If you saw the riots that break out at football matches you would consider war to be a sport. :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I'd like to see your 'American Footballers' play some of our Rugby players. Then we'll see how much they enjoy it :)
    Let's see, guys that weigh 300lbs that have 5.0 speed in a 40yd dash vs guys that at most weigh 200lbs with the same speed? Hmmmm I think the laws of physics favor the NFL player here. It's one thing to play against guys your own size, another to play against behemoths who are athletic. I liken it to me playing against a bunch of kindergarteners.

IDEA Fitness member