Football Predictions ****MEN ONLY***

Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

Damn right. Trust the yanks to rename a global sport 'Soccer' then call their fake rugby football.
    :P
    We like totally kicked your *kitten* in the late 18th century. So, there!
    And at the time all Americans were people from Europe, they weren't real Americans. So All they did was beat themselves. wait.gif

p.s. Don't forget the contribution the Irish have made to your military over the years. The father of the US Navy was an Irish man (Commodore John Barry, born in County Wexford in Ireland)
    I was kidding, of course. Proud of my UK roots.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    This weekends games.

Texans over the Bengals, Saints over the Lions.
    Falcons over the Giants, Steelers over the Broncos.

no, no, no... I said football, not soccer... LOL!!! My boss is from GB and we have this debate all the time.....

Football is football. American football on the other hand...
    American Football should really be called "wimps running around wrapped in cotton wool".

My prediction is that Manchester City will slip up and United will win the Premier League.

Glory, Glory, Man United. :smile:

I think you have the two confused, football....soccer to us. Players running around and the second they come in contact with another player flop around the "pitch" in pain and agony as if they just broke an ankle and then amazingly jump up and keep playing after the ref called for a free kick.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Who knows then. All I know is that the US thinks sport revolves around them. 'The World Series'...competitors involved = the US. :p
    You referring to Major League Baseball, where nearly a third of the players were born outside the US? They certainly feature the best players from the world, with the possible exception of those that are restricted by their home country from playing.

They should let the Japanese teams in on it too.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    reality is nothing that bleeds for 7 days and lives is human.....

So you think we are all goddesses then?
    i was thinking more like zombies..... I know my ex is cold and lifeless....
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I think you have the two confused, football....soccer to us. Players running around and the second they come in contact with another player flop around the "pitch" in pain and agony as if they just broke an ankle and then amazingly jump up and keep playing after the ref called for a free kick.

You mustn't watch rugby. Unlike American "Football", there's no silly padding in that game, just bone-breaking tackles.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    derailed-train-derailed-thread-demotivational-poster-1237346157.jpg
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    All I can say for sure is that I hope the Broncos get pounded so that we can end this painful season.

I think I love you even more... oh wait, it sounds like you're actually a Broncos fan, never mind.....

We can still be in love ... we just can't watch football together. *bleeds blue and orange*
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Who knows then. All I know is that the US thinks sport revolves around them. 'The World Series'...competitors involved = the US. :p
    You referring to Major League Baseball, where nearly a third of the players were born outside the US? They certainly feature the best players from the world, with the possible exception of those that are restricted by their home country from playing.
    They should let the Japanese teams in on it too.
    Any Japanese players worth their salt can come to the majors, where they can get a real test. There is no other league even close to Major League Baseball.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

rimshot.gif
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Booo ManU :( (Chelsea fan :drinker: )

And Steelers :heart:
    thsmiley_consoling.gif I'm sure Chelsea might manage to secure a qualifying spot in the Europa League next season.

I know. Most American's aren't even aware there are teams other than Man U or maybe Real Madrid but that's about it. I dated a boy from Greenford so I'm still a Chelsea fan :) gotta love UK football though!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    This weekends games.

I agree with everything but the Steelers over Broncos. I'm hoping for Broncos over Steelers.
    139321088.8Hbpfoym.42665ninja_e0yl7u.gif
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    This weekends games.

no, no, no... I said football, not soccer... LOL!!! My boss is from GB and we have this debate all the time.....

Football is football. American football on the other hand...
    American Football should really be called "wimps running around wrapped in cotton wool".

My prediction is that Manchester City will slip up and United will win the Premier League.

Glory, Glory, Man United. :smile:

Clearly you're confused. Football is the name for the biggest sport on the planet, enjoyed in almost every country. If you MUST call your crazy padding filled rugby 'Football' then please call it American football.
    :)
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Barca.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options

I'm not sure whether that means you murdered her or not.....
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything but the Steelers over Broncos. I'm hoping for Broncos over Steelers.
    139321088.8Hbpfoym.42665ninja_e0yl7u.gif

You can hope. Tebow can pray. But it's my fondest desire that James Harrison shows that boy what playing in the NFL means finally.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Guys the thread was about football in America as the bulk of people on this site regard the name of the sport.
    Don`t like that...fine but don`t piss on everyones shoes over such a trite thing.

Sheesh.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    New Orleans Saints! Mark my words, Brees is gonna kick some @ss
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    :glasses: Jesus will once again board the Tebow train and carry them to a victory over Detroit in Superbowl 46!!! :smokin:

Ok, I can't even say that with a straight face!!:noway: :noway:

My serious prediction is the Saints to take it all! I want the Packers to take it but that defense looks suspect lately.