Football Predictions ****MEN ONLY***

Options

Replies

• SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything but the Steelers over Broncos. I'm hoping for Broncos over Steelers.
    139321088.8Hbpfoym.42665ninja_e0yl7u.gif

You can hope. Tebow can pray. But it's my fondest desire that James Harrison shows that boy what playing in the NFL means finally.
    Honestly I'd like the Steelers much better if they had a different QB. I can't stand worthlessburger.
    I do love me some Troy Palomano!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Booo ManU :( (Chelsea fan :drinker: )

And Steelers :heart:
    thsmiley_consoling.gif I'm sure Chelsea might manage to secure a qualifying spot in the Europa League next season.

I know. Most American's aren't even aware there are teams other than Man U or maybe Real Madrid but that's about it. I dated a boy from Greenford so I'm still a Chelsea fan :) gotta love UK football though!
    liam_shadowboxer.gif I hope you aren't calling me American. I'm Irish.

:laugh:
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything but the Steelers over Broncos. I'm hoping for Broncos over Steelers.

You can hope. Tebow can pray. But it's my fondest desire that James Harrison shows that boy what playing in the NFL means finally.

I think I just fell in love.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Who knows then. All I know is that the US thinks sport revolves around them. 'The World Series'...competitors involved = the US. :p
    Also, really...

Looking at the major professional sports in the United States -- baseball, football and basketball -- is there one that has exclusivity rules as far as what nationalities can play? The best players of each sport in the world play in those leagues.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    This weekends games.

Texans over the Bengals, Saints over the Lions.
    Falcons over the Giants, Steelers over the Broncos.

....yeah...thats not going to happen. I love Tebow but hasnt faced a **** Lebaeu blitz package, gotten a head to head hit from James Harrison or tried to throw away from Troy Polamolou.. I see a 38-3 blow out comming your way...
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    reality is nothing that bleeds for 7 days and lives is human.....

So you think we are all goddesses then?
    i was thinking more like zombies..... I know my ex is cold and lifeless....

I'm not sure whether that means you murdered her or not.....
    I plead the 5th....
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I know. Most American's aren't even aware there are teams other than Man U or maybe Real Madrid but that's about it.
    Should we? I don't expect anyone in the UK to be familiar with which teams are in the National League West.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options

liam_shadowboxer.gif I hope you aren't calling me American. I'm Irish.

:laugh:

LOL no no no! I'm simply inferring that I'll probably get boo'ed and hissed for talking about football football instead of football.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

If you're still bleeding for 7 days I'd say you need that check out by the doctor....that's a LONG *kitten* period.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Guys the thread was about football in America as the bulk of people on this site regard the name of the sport.
    Don`t like that...fine but don`t piss on everyones shoes over such a trite thing.

Sheesh.
    Carl, the title of the thread didn't specify "American Football", it just says "Football". People in the civilised world consider "football" to mean the game that you Americans call soccer. :smile:
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    WWTD? :love:
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Who knows then. All I know is that the US thinks sport revolves around them. 'The World Series'...competitors involved = the US. :p
    Also, really...

Looking at the major professional sports in the United States -- baseball, football and basketball -- is there one that has exclusivity rules as far as what nationalities can play? The best players of each sport in the world play in those leagues.

I think you misinterpreted. I'm not saying other nationalities can't play in your sports...I was saying how you have a tournament named 'The World Series' where only US teams compete. That'd be like footballs 'The World Cup' being played by British premiership teams.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    What the Eff..................

Packers all the way AGAIN baby!!!!! Thats IF their defense shows up at some point- if not the Saints will give them a dog stomp......

I personally hope I never hear the name "Tebow" again as long as I live......................
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    no, no, no... I said football, not soccer... LOL!!! My boss is from GB and we have this debate all the time.....

Football is football. American football on the other hand...
    American Football should really be called "wimps running around wrapped in cotton wool.

My prediction is that Manchester City will slip up and United will win the Premier League.

Glory, Glory, Man United. :smile:

Damn right. Trust the yanks to rename a global sport 'Soccer' then call their fake rugby football.
    :P

:smile:

The rules of football were codified in England by the Football Association in 1863 and the name association football was coined to distinguish the game from the other forms of football played at the time, specifically rugby football. The term soccer originated in England, first appearing in the 1880s as an Oxford "-er" abbreviation of the word "association".

Within the English-speaking world, association football is usually called football (or colloquially footy) in the United Kingdom, and soccer in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the United States. Other countries may use either or both terms, and may also have local names for the sport.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    I know. Most American's aren't even aware there are teams other than Man U or maybe Real Madrid but that's about it.
    Should we? I don't expect anyone in the UK to be familiar with which teams are in the National League West.

Most of my friends know quite a bit about American football teams. From most accounts they like the sound of the players smashing into each other :laugh: . I suppose whatever tickles your pickle!
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hell will freeze over if this *does* happen....

But Manning vs. Tebow.

G-men for the win.

Like I said....hell would freeze over if it did happen.
  • craig363b
    Options
    i agree, especially now that mendenhall is out for the season.

sincerely,
    steeler fan who can't stand mendenhall hahaha
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

He's firmly up *kitten* creek right now.

And thats the stupidest saying ever. What kind of an *kitten* made up that saying in the first place?
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'll do reality vs. what I want to happen:

Reality:
    Texans over Bengals
    Saints over Lions
    Falcons over Giants
    Steelers over Broncos

Fantasy:
    Don't care either way.
    Lions over Saints -- only in that the Lions beating the Saints would be crazy.
    Giants over Falcons -- Being a life-long fan of the crappiest NFC East team, I'd still pull for the Giants to win. Manning's Gomer Pyle-ish-ness has made me overcome my hatred for his draft shenanigans.
    Kinda don't care either way -- Though I'm seeing this as a "Good vs. Evil" struggle and I've always pulled for the Dark Side.
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Lions. Superbowl. BAHAHAHAHAHA. OK, I'm a huge fan/season ticket holder and I can't say that with a straight face. ;)