Football Predictions ****MEN ONLY***

Options

Replies

• jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Rematch of GB vs Steelers with Pittsburgh winning this time.

I don't have a penis, but can I get an AMEN to this ^^
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    NIce about time we have one! I say, Go Pack!
  • beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    49ers beat the pack in the NFC Championship and the Patriots beat the Steelers in the AFC
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    the first of 49ers back to back wins.

who got it better than us???
    NOooOOOObodyyyyyyyyy!!!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    32 different countries play at the "soccer" World Cup, and over 100 actually try to qualify.

How many countries compete in your baseball World Series?

World? Really? :P
    Most countries can't afford stadiums much less support a team for 162 games a year. That's why talented baseball players come to the US to play.

Think about it.............if soccer made money and players were played millions in the US, how many players from other countries would leave their country's team to play in the US if that were the case?
    It's not popular here, so our best athletes play football, baseball and basketball.

World affluency is also why soccer is the worlds most popular. What do you need for soccer? A big field, a ball, and a clock that winds up to 90. The other sports require expensive equipment. Part of the reason hockey isn't more popular. Ice time, and equipement is expensive.

Exactly. And it's the reason "soccer" is the world game. You take a football to any part of the world, and people will know what to do with it. It is strange the US doesn't play the biggest game in the world at a decent level.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Soccer stars are some of the highest paid athletes in the world.
    Rooney - $20 mil + Nike contract
    Henry $20mil+
    Ronaldinho $25mil+
    Kaka $25mil+
    Messi $30mil+
    Ronaldo $40 mil
    oh and that Beckham guy like $40+ mil
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    these two threads are making my head spin. idk whats going on anymore.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Exactly. And it's the reason "soccer" is the world game. You take a football to any part of the world, and people will know what to do with it. It is strange the US doesn't play the biggest game in the world at a decent level.
    We don't care to -- we have funner sports to play and watch. Interest is growing among smaller kids though.
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Saints and Ravens. Saints to win.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    LMAO!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    We don't care to -- we have funner sports to play and watch. Interest is growing among smaller kids though.
    No you don't.

There is very little National Hunt Horse Racing in the US. Most horse racing in the US is on the flat. There is nothing more exciting than seeing a group of horses at full gallop jumping a fence. And even better yet, point-to-point racing (it's amateur racing so the spectators can get right up to the side of the track and be literally only a couple of feet away from the fence as the horses jump it).

Now that is a great sport to watch; the grace, poise and majesty of a horse in full gallop. :love:
  • bluefox9er
    Options
    I think you misinterpreted. I'm not saying other nationalities can't play in your sports...I was saying how you have a tournament named 'The World Series' where only US teams compete. That'd be like footballs 'The World Cup' being played by British premiership teams.

it's called the ''world'' series as at the time of the first pro baseball championship, it was sponsored by the chicago world newspaper.

you can't compare american sports with ''british sports''. Rugby is a 'contact sport, football is a collision sport.

''soccer'' is played the world over, but is a cesspool of bribery,racism,corruption and cheating that have been exposed for decades but curiously,nothing ever happens. Even England's national team's soccer captain is a racist, and his club are happy to stand by him.

The EPL doesn't even come close to the NFL as a ''big '' league...the fact that soccer is played in so many more countries simply highlights how far behind ''soccer'' is as a professional sport if you are comparing it to the NFL.

The EPL is measured in millions..the NFL won't get out of bed unless people are talking BILLIONS.
  • h0m36r0wn
    Options

Saints vs Patriots! YES... and the Saints can dominate!!!

Although I secretly want the Giants to run away with it, my realistic hope is for the Saints to pulverize the Patriots!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Henry $20mil+
    Ronaldinho $25mil+
    Kaka $25mil+
    Messi $30mil+
    Ronaldo $40 mil
    Good NFL and NBA players make that much. These are the BEST players of soccer you're talking about. What does the average player make? I believe it's a million a year in the Premier league, but in other countries they're lucky to get a few thousand dollars a year.
    The league minimum for the WORST player on an NFL team as a rookie is $375,000. That's very good pay for being the worst on team.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bluefox9er
    Options
    I don't care who the 9ers play. If they win, they play for the division championship. If I had a choice, I would want Green Bay to lose at home and the 9ers to win, so that whomever beat Green Bay would have to come to SF for the championship. But I'm dreaming right now.........................I expect the Saints to win and the Giants to win. We'll probably end up playing the Saints and that will be our biggest test of the season.

IDEA Fitness member

Id rather play Green Bay on the road than New orleans, but I don't care, the 49ers are easily more than capable of beating whoever they have to play. New Orleans also have to beat hated divisional rivals detroit..anything can happen, but the niners will prevail!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options

No you don't.

There is very little National Hunt Horse Racing in the US. Most horse racing in the US is on the flat. There is nothing more exciting than seeing a group of horses at full gallop jumping a fence. And even better yet, point-to-point racing (it's amateur racing so the spectators can get right up to the side of the track and be literally only a couple of feet away from the fence as the horses jump it).

Now that is a great sport to watch; the grace, poise and majesty of a horse in full gallop. :love:
    Subjective. To me that would be like watching NASCAR..............................boring.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    no, no, no... I said football, not soccer... LOL!!! My boss is from GB and we have this debate all the time.....

Football is football. American football on the other hand...
    American Football should really be called "wimps running around wrapped in cotton wool".

My prediction is that Manchester City will slip up and United will win the Premier League.

Glory, Glory, Man United. :smile:

Have you seen the rough and tough boys in little shorts fall the ground and scream every time the wind blows, clutching a knee and looking around for a yellow card. Manly indeed.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Isnt rugby the sport where the referees dress up like the blues brothers but in white lab coats and fedoras? WTF is that all about???
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Henry $20mil+
    Ronaldinho $25mil+
    Kaka $25mil+
    Messi $30mil+
    Ronaldo $40 mil
    Good NFL and NBA players make that much. These are the BEST players of soccer you're talking about. What does the average player make? I believe it's a million a year in the Premier league, but in other countries they're lucky to get a few thousand dollars a year.
    The league minimum for the WORST player on an NFL team as a rookie is $375,000. That's very good pay for being the worst on team.

IDEA Fitness member

And over paid guys like Haynesworth make over $100 mil, life sucks. Horray for Soccer and college football, minus the BCS.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Henry $20mil+
    Ronaldinho $25mil+
    Kaka $25mil+
    Messi $30mil+
    Ronaldo $40 mil

Time out! Are these career earnings or annual contracts. Just so I have some fram of reference.