(Real) Football Predictions?

Options

Replies

• ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    William Stephen "Bill" Belichick (pronounced /ˈbɛlɨtʃɪk/; born April 16, 1952) is an American football head coach for the New England Patriots of the National Football League. After spending his first 15 seasons in the league as an assistant coach, Belichick got his first head coaching job with the Cleveland Browns in 1991. Of his five seasons coaching Cleveland, only one featured a winning record, and Belichick did not serve as head coach again until 2000 with the Patriots. Since then, Belichick has coached the Patriots to four Super Bowl appearances: victories in Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII, and XXXIX, and a loss in Super Bowl XLII. He was named the AP NFL Coach of the Year for the 2003, 2007 and 2010 seasons

Go pats!!
    Better hope they don't face the 9ers in the SB. We have a legitimate enough defense to pound Brady and company to the ground!

didn't they loose to Dallas? Pats beat Dallas - good.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Manchester United to take the league, City don't have the legs and the rest are already out of it.
    Yeah, I tend to agree... though I'm still hoping Arsenal can make it interesting.
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Texans over the Bengals, Saints over the Lions.
    Falcons over the Giants, Steelers over the Broncos.
    agree! and i got pats over packers in super bowl
  • lilmonster530
    Options
    Falcons win it alll! RISE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Go Pats!!:drinker:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hate all you guys want, but I'm rooting for the Pats.
    I'm actually pretty sad that the Colts and the Pats won't meet at Lucas Oil. I was looking forward to it, it's one of the best games of the year. Plus the 49 straight point gain against the Bills, has me feeling very good.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    ROLL TIDE B!TCHES!!!!!!

HA!

LSU gonna roll your tide, alright! :laugh:

Did y'all get a new kicker yet?!?!?!
  • birdinho
    birdinho Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This post has made me chuckle. It says real football guys, not egg throwing!!! ;-)

City will do the business this year, they will buy 1 more top class player this month to seal the deal. Possibly a defender I reckon
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Steelers and Packers superbowl rematch

I wish I was as optimistic as you are about the Steelers. If by some miracle this happens, I couldn't subject myself to watching. Last year during the playoffs I said I sure hope someone knocks off the Packers because I didn't like our chances against them. And we actually had a pretty damn good team then. This year we just happen to suck a little less than most of our opponents. :sad:
  • heathhumble
    Options
    I have been a Detroit Lions fan since the days of The great Billy Sims #20. I am glad to see they have a coach that is taking the team in the right direction.I didn't expect them to make the playoffs this year! but next year yes .So I am excited they have exceeded my expectations I'm sure many other's around the NFL. For the Detroit Lions to continue to go forward they have to play as a team to go up against teams that have not only been to the playoffs but to the Super Bowl and have won. I will be rooting for the Detroit Lions this Saturday as they take on the New Orlean Saints.:sad:
  • Dustinryan24
    Options
    I have been a Detroit Lions fan since the days of The great Billy Sims #20. I am glad to see they have a coach that is taking the team in the right direction.I didn't expect them to make the playoffs this year! but next year yes .So I am excited they have exceeded my expectations I'm sure many other's around the NFL. For the Detroit Lions to continue to go forward they have to play as a team to go up against teams that have not only been to the playoffs but to the Super Bowl and have won. I will be rooting for the Detroit Lions this Saturday as they take on the New Orlean Saints.:sad:
    lions are a good team, with a great future qb.. i see them winning it all very soon. unfortunatley my team is the chiefs..haha
  • MFPAddict
    Options

The Lions were my second team when Barry Sanders was there. He was so exciting to watch. Such a shame how he ended his career. I used to hate when people would debate Emmitt Smith was the better running back. If Sanders ran behind the same line that Smith did, his numbers would be at the top of the record books in my opinion.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

The Lions were my second team when Barry Sanders was there. He was so exciting to watch. Such a shame how he ended his career. I used to hate when people would debate Emmitt Smith was the better running back. If Sanders ran behind the same line that Smith did, his numbers would be at the top of the record books in my opinion.

it would be pretty hard to do better then Emmitt Smith... but I do think Sanders was the superior running back, especially in the open field.
  • MFPAddict
    Options

it would be pretty hard to do better then Emmitt Smith... but I do think Sanders was the superior running back, especially in the open field.

Definitely not suggesting Smith wasn't a great back, but he had one of the best lines in football. Sanders was lucky when he didn't get hit in the backfield.
  • Dustinryan24
    Options
    6 hours of guys running around kicking a ball and them its 1-0. B O R I N G !!!!!!!:wink:
    [/quoteagree!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I am very good friends with Robert Brown (1982-1992 Green Bay Packers starting DE) and worked along side him at GMU Freedom Center for a few years. I asked him how many times in his career did he tackle Barry Sanders. He told me NONE. Then I asked if he even laid a hand on him. He told me ONCE. That's in 20 games. Said he was the best back that they ever faced.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm a Cowboys and Colts fan living in Houston. The media hype over the Texans wildcard game is ridiculous. Obvisouly I can't expect them to act like they've been here before, because they haven't. I'll just be glad when the road ends for the Texans.

My Superbowl prediction is the Packers and Patriots.
  • Tobybears
    Options
    Packers.