(Real) Football Predictions?

Options
12346»

Replies

• BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Patriots! Although I don't know what will happen if they go up against the Saints. I love Drew Brees but I don't want to go against him haha.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Didn't think that the Broncos could pull it off, but glad they did against the Steelers. So tired of Steeler Nation yapping about how good their team is and smugness. They were so quiet during the 80's and early 90's.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Didn't think that the Broncos could pull it off, but glad they did against the Steelers. So tired of Steeler Nation yapping about how good their team is and smugness. They were so quiet during the 80's and early 90's.

Haters are gonna hate. Still have the most Superbowl trophies!
  • MFPAddict
    Options
    As far as this season goes, I am glad the Steelers lost this week instead of next. Would rather lose to someone (Tebow) who has God on his side than to someone (Coach Bill) who has the Devil on his side.

I knew months ago the Steelers had no chance to win the Superbowl this year. Time to make some changes.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    As far as this season goes, I am glad the Steelers lost this week instead of next. Would rather lose to someone (Tebow) who has God on his side than to someone (Coach Bill) who has the Devil on his side.

I knew months ago the Steelers had no chance to win the Superbowl this year. Time to make some changes.

I was shocked to see Tebow challenge and beat the Steelers secondary deep. i think the real story of the game was the Broncos defense having an amazing first half that basically won the game for them.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I request the deletion of this thread and all other football threads. The season ended yesterday.

There is no joy in Mudville...
  • MFPAddict
    Options
    I was shocked to see Tebow challenge and beat the Steelers secondary deep. i think the real story of the game was the Broncos defense having an amazing first half that basically won the game for them.

I think they have a good defense, but our lack of success was more of what we didn't do than what they did. We were running the ball pretty well but Redman only got 17 carries. Instead we let our injured QB throw the ball 40 times.

We have some local sportwriters that believe the Steelers did the right thing by playing Ben in SF and Cleveland, but I personally thought it was idiotic. Charlie Batch has proven many times that he can win big games for us. Ben is effective when he is able to move around & out of the pocket. Not so much when he is back there hobbling. And he can't hit a WR in stride to save his life when he is healthy let alone with a bad ankle. He also might be the worst at time management of all the starting QBs in the NFL.
  • mo_is_here
    Options

I think they have a good defense, but our lack of success was more of what we didn't do than what they did. We were running the ball pretty well but Redman only got 17 carries. Instead we let our injured QB throw the ball 40 times.

We have some local sportwriters that believe the Steelers did the right thing by playing Ben in SF and Cleveland, but I personally thought it was idiotic. Charlie Batch has proven many times that he can win big games for us. Ben is effective when he is able to move around & out of the pocket. Not so much when he is back there hobbling. And he can't hit a WR in stride to save his life when he is healthy let alone with a bad ankle. He also might be the worst at time management of all the starting QBs in the NFL.

^^^Agree.

But let's face it, they were riddled with injuries and they couldn't make a tackle yesterday if a Bronco fell in front of them. It was sad to watch. Nice to see them come back and tie it but it was not a good showing. Hopefully next year things will be different.
  • MFPAddict
    Options

^^^Agree.

But let's face it, they were riddled with injuries and they couldn't make a tackle yesterday if a Bronco fell in front of them. It was sad to watch. Nice to see them come back and tie it but it was not a good showing. Hopefully next year things will be different.

I personally felt it was going to be a one win playoff for us anyway. We were barely a resemblence of the team that beat the Patriots early in the season.

Hope to see some major upgrades in the offensive line in the off season. For the life me, I can't comprehend spending that much money on a QB and not make it a priority to protect him. Especially if the coaches don't have enough faith to play the backup when he gets hurt.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Charlie Batch has proven many times that he can win big games for us. Ben is effective when he is able to move around & out of the pocket. Not so much when he is back there hobbling. And he can't hit a WR in stride to save his life when he is healthy let alone with a bad ankle. He also might be the worst at time management of all the starting QBs in the NFL.

I totally agree, Ben shouldn't have been playing. His throwing motion showed every bit of pain and discomfort he was having. I give him a lot of credit for playing like that but unfortunately it was to the detriment of his team.

I'm surprised the Giants won to be honest. With the way they ended their season I didn't think they had enough left to beat the Falcons. What's up with the Falcons? I kind of think they got out-coached. Thoughts?

The Lions vs. Saints game was excellent! The Saints are just an offensive machine and Sean Payton coaches real football like I play Madden... 4th and 2, GO FOR IT! However you have to look at the Lions and think that they are 3 to 4 key players (1WR 2CB's and 1 LB IMO) away from a dominant team. Their defense coughed that game up for them.

Texans over Bengals. This game was pretty decent and the Texans run game is just monstrous. Next week's game against Baltimore is going to be amazing, I hope I get to watch it.
  • Tobybears
    Options

Texans over Bengals. This game was pretty decent and the Texans run game is just monstrous. Next week's game against Baltimore is going to be amazing, I hope I get to watch it.

Got to see JJ Watt intercept the ball and run for a touchdown. That was awesome and against the QB from TCU that beat our Badgers in the Rose Bowl last year. He's going to be a great player with experience.