Have you met anyone famous?

Options

Replies

• sandhillcrane
    Options
    I grew up with Alec Baldwin.
    I met Joe Nameth
    My niece has her own tv show on OWN starting this month. She was on Design on a Dime and Rachel Ray. Her name is Kristan Cunningham. :glasses:
  • debbysbeads
    Options
    I love her decorating...I will be sure to watch the new show! Thanks for letting us know! What did she do to get so thin?
  • Prek2005
    Options
    I have met the following people:

Neil McCoy
    Calvin Yarbrough and Alisa Peoples of the 1980 group (Yarbrough & Peoples)
    King Parsons pro wrestler aka (Ice Man King Parsons)
    Buddy "Jack " Roberts pro wrestler aka Buddy Roberts from (The Fabulous Freebirds)
    Kevin Von Erichs pro westler (The Von Erichs)
    Frank Donald Goodish pro wrestler aka (Bruiser Brody)
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I once saw a man trying to book some rail travel in a branch of WHSmith years after they stopped providing a Travel Agent facility. I remember thinking what horrible flakey skin the poor man had. I recognised him from somewhere but thought he was someone I knew at school, after he left the shop though I realised it was Jimmy White, a British Snooker player

4998873538_2b6d145508.jpg

I also bumped into Simon Maccorkindale Christmas shopping in Bath one year with his girlfriend, he was starring as a senior consultant in the British equivalent of ER, 'Casualty' at the time which is filmed in neighbouring Bristol.

maccorkindale_1518768c.jpg

More recently I was walking from Paddington to Oxford St in London and took a double take at comedian Tim Vine coming the opposite way on my pavement - again I didn't realise where I knew him from momentarily or I wouldn't have looked at him as if he had 2 heads

_48826074_timvine.jpg
  • JSMSDSAS05
    JSMSDSAS05 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Met 30 Seconds to Mars twice! Once in March '08 and again in November '10.

Worked on the film Safe House so I met Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington :))

When I met Ryan, (I was probably drooling as I shook his hand) I introduced myself and he replied "Hi, I'm Ryan. Nice to meet you." Most celebs probably wouldn't introduce themselves cause they expect people to know who they are. Even though everyone obviously knew who he was cause he was the lead actor of the movie we were working on! Such a nice guy! :)

I LOVE RYAN REYNOLDS!!!!!!!
  • JSMSDSAS05
    Options
    *No Authority (Most probably don't know who they are, but I saw one girl on here who does :-) )

WOW, ur rite, most people don't know who they are! Where r u from?
  • JSMSDSAS05
    Options
    I used to LOVE No Authority. I have a picture of Danny kissing me on the cheek...lol..and I have a pic with Lou Pearlman too..creepy old man.
    [/quote]

I have a pic of all the No Authority guys kissing me! LOL!
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    You can tell how cool I am with this - The Wiggles. Very nice guys.

Natasha Henstridge - Nice but almost seemed shy.

Richard Grieco - (from 21 Jump Street) I skated to entertain the extras for his spinoff failure show Booker. I was like 12 and even then I remember thinking, "Buddy, you are only cool because you know Johnny Depp."

Met lots of Vancouver Canucks players through the 90's as I trained in the same facility as them. I remember getting kicked off the ice one day so they could have an emergency practice. One guy said "Sorry to steal your ice girls" and my friend snapped back "That's okay. You need it more than we do." The whole team bust a gut laughing getting schooled by this tiny figure skater.

Know lots of people in the Canadian figure skating world but not so famous to anyone else...
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I me Ray Bradbury once in Los Angeles following one of his plays. (I didn't really know who he was at the time or how famous!)

I have met a few US Ambassadors as part of my work. The most famous one was Pamela Harriman. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamela_Harriman
  • meganld
    meganld Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ray Liotta came into the shoe store I worked at and bought a pair of Ugg boots from me. I had no idea who he was and spent quite a while talking to him, and after he left my manager started gushing about how jealous he was.

He was a really nice guy and ended up coming back into the store more than once.
  • MattieJean21
    Options
    I have only met one famous person... Brian Vickers. He is a nascar driver.

Now my mom is a lucky lucky girl. She met and did a live interview for cmt with TOBY KEITH!!! :) She won a contest they had and got to go to L.A.!
  • Divamomma
    Divamomma Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i met Patrick Muldoon (days of our lives) at a car show very sweet got a hug & kiss on The Cheek In 94-95 I hugged celine dion 99' They were both Awesome :)
  • mortla
    mortla Posts: 73
    Options
    I once interned at a NYC radio station for a morning show and got to meet some people:

Sarah ferguson (Duchess of York)
    Sarah mclachlan
    The bangles

I was working when other celebs were there, but I actually met the ones above and took a picture with them. It was a great experience. I had to take a 4am train though. That was the only sucky part, but worth it.

Was Sarah McLachlan nice? I named my daughter after her song Adia :happy:
  • SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    CALLE 13 ( Puerto Rican Duo):drinker

On my break went out to buy a lollipop and bumped on to them in the street. Took pic and hugged
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    *No Authority (Most probably don't know who they are, but I saw one girl on here who does :-) )

WOW, ur rite, most people don't know who they are! Where r u from?

I met them too! they did a little show at a mall here ... I loooooooooved Danny and Eric! they went to eat at a local restaurant afterward and my friend's mom took us over there so we could be middle school creepers. It was great :)

Can I get your number bay-bay?? Hit me with the seven digits! :) hahaha
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i cooked mathew kellys dinner once lol :blushing: liver and onions(yuk)
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    1. Like a million professional drag racers
    2. Several nascar drivers
    3. Lead singer of Mindless Self Indulgence
    4. A few random celebrities my family new that I ran into that I got their autographs
    5. Kid Rock (lives in my hometown, not a big deal)
    6. Uncle Cracker
  • ChasingHaven
    ChasingHaven Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When I was in grade school my parents took my brother and I to some type of fair and we got to meet Catherine Bach, the original Daisy Duke from the Dukes of Hazzard. I remember my brother got a kiss on the cheek.

We also met The Banana Splits (Old kids show). I thought we had autographed pictures of both, but they're long gone.

I also met Jeff ( Jeff- fa fa!) Dunham when we were in Vegas. I do have the pic and autographed Peanut doll. : )

SERIOUSLY jealous of those of you that have met Robin Williams!
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Some cool names here.

Who I have met :

Beyonce
    Wendy Richards (From Eastenders)
    Keith Harris (Orville and cuddles were not with him)
    Paul Daniels and Debbie Mcgee
    Ann Charlston (Madge from Neighbours)
    Justin Fletcher MBE (Childrens TV Star)
    The Hoff (As per my profile pic from a week ago)
    rebecca de mornay (In line to clear customs at LAX)
    David Beckham
    Mick Foley (WWE Hardcore Legend)

All of which have just been in the street
  • Nutmeg90795
    Nutmeg90795 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1) Alex Pettyfer
    2) Diana Argon
    3) Teresa Palmer

:)