Have you met anyone famous?

Options

Replies

• sosayscyndi
    sosayscyndi Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    David Cook aka love of my life (besides my husband) Gavin DeGraw (supernice) and Ryan Star
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Apparently the entire cast of Hollyoaks was on the table next to us at my Hen night, but as I don't watch TV I didn't have a clue who they were.

I have met a lot of famous English people, mostly writers, some actors, but I doubt anyone here has heard of them, just as I haven't heard of most of the people mentioned on this thread! Culture clash.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Apparently the entire cast of Hollyoaks was on the table next to us at my Hen night, but as I don't watch TV I didn't have a clue who they were.

I have met a lot of famous English people, mostly writers, some actors, but I doubt anyone here has heard of them, just as I haven't heard of most of the people mentioned on this thread! Culture clash.

My friend (Simon Cole) mentioned that he was on some show (that I hadn't heard of - I'm in California) in the UK. I think that was the name of it! Right? Is there a blonde actor named "Simon Cole" in the series Hollyoaks?
  • BRITTBBGC
    BRITTBBGC Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Tons of athletes but most memorable... would have to be Chris Brown, at the movies after a show in b.more, we talked he hugged me and we took a pic together :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Jeff Foxworthy
    Larry The Cable Guy
    Reno Collier...

My husband and I met these guys when they performed at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, NH... They were AWESOME! Larry offered to share his Pecan Sandies with us... My husband of course said "thank you!'... All three were wonderful and they signed their autographs on our tickets!
  • sosayscyndi
    Options
    Alex Trebeck
    Trent Rezner
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Dexter Jackson
    Jay Cutler
    Richard Simmons

082111150134.jpg
    082111131009.jpg

I am RIDICULOUSLY jealous that you met Trent Reznor. Tell me, please was he nice or a tool? I've heard both
  • fteale
    Options

My friend (Simon Cole) mentioned that he was on some show (that I hadn't heard of - I'm in California) in the UK. I think that was the name of it! Right? Is there a blonde actor named "Simon Cole" in the series Hollyoaks?

I have no idea. I've never watched it! About half my friends were going "ooooh Hollyoaks!" and the rest of us "huh?"
  • fteale
    Options
    Alex Trebeck
    Trent Rezner
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Dexter Jackson
    Jay Cutler
    Richard Simmons

082111150134.jpg
    082111131009.jpg

I am RIDICULOUSLY jealous that you met Trent Reznor. Tell me, please was he nice or a tool? I've heard both

Sorry. All I can think is "YOU CAN SEE UP HIS CRACK!"
  • Ljohnverrell
    Options
    Probably the top of my list is Barack Obama (Back in the late 90's at Georgia State. He was a guest speaker. Didn't know he'd be prez someday)

Laura Bush - spoke at daughter's school
    George W. Bush - spoke at my old high school
    Jennifer Aniston
    Paul Rudd
    Ryan Reynolds
    Sandra Bullock - talked to her over an hour! I'm an extra in the Blind side
    Coretta Scott King
    Jesse Jackson
    Cicely Tyson
    Evander Holyfield
    Mike Tyson
    Tyler Perry
    Magic Johnson
    Michael Jordan
    Puff Daddy (formerly P. Diddy now Sean Combs)
    Gladys Knight...

I live in Atlanta so I have met mostly actors, civil rights leaders and hip hop artists. :)
  • Ljohnverrell
    Options
    Chris Brown at the movies after a show in b.more, we talked he hugged me and we took a pic together :)

SO JEALOUS!!! :)
  • fteale
    Options

According to IMDB there was a Simon Cole in Heartbeat, which was a series a few years ago.
  • WehttamThims
    WehttamThims Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    MachoMan Randy Savage ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeeeahhhhhhh
  • sosayscyndi
    Options
    so...I don't think I did the quote thing right, but I am super jealous of the girls who met Trent Reznor and Quentin Tarantino I'm just thinking that me 15 years ago would have had a FLIPPING HEART ATTACK
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    living in hawaii you meet so many lol
    britney spears not very nice
    tony hawk
    justine timberlake
    destinies child
    jamie lyn spears as a child
    alton john
    hawaii has its own stars
    ekolu
    brada IZ
    and a few more lol its a long list

What was Timberlake like? I totally crush on him, but heard he wasnt so nice.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options

According to IMDB there was a Simon Cole in Heartbeat, which was a series a few years ago.

Oh yeah -- just checked online, and apparently he was both in Heartbreak and Hollyoaks just before that:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1917407/
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    MachoMan Randy Savage ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeeeahhhhhhh

Freakin' AWESOME!!!!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Many years ago when boy bands were the big thing, some back up dancers (or those who loudly claimed to be) for the one hit woner group "LFO" were in front of my family and I at the Tower of Terror. They were loudly on their phone and said "tell so and so I sai blalalalala" - that being a provoctive tongue motion. I was young and I was scared and my dad, to this day, still quotes that. :cry:

That is my claim to fame.
  • txwomyn
    txwomyn Posts: 36
    Options
    Martha Stewart
    Laura & George Bush
    Ann Richards
    Suni Williams
    Mark Kelly
    Scott Kelly
    Mike" Fincke
    SHANNON WALKER
    Niki Halik

Mostly people in the Space bussiness but a few other along the way through life.
    I have seen a progress lunch "russian rocket", The last shuttle launch and one night time Shuttle launch.
  • peachprl
    peachprl Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I forgot the Wallflowers. I would post a pic but I have no idea how! :(
  • YepItsTime
    YepItsTime Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is sad but the only brush with fame that I can think of is that I saw Dan Rather enter a port-a-pot outside my office when he was in town years ago to cover our flooded city and water treatment plant.