Have you met anyone famous?

Options

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    1. screech from saved by the bell ( i punched him)
    2. bud bundy
    3. elvira
    4.jenna jameson
    5.ron jeremy
    6.larry flynt
    7.jesse jane
    8.the singer from social distortion
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Aaron Rodgers (distant relation )Packers QB)
    Jean Cretien (former Canadian Prime Minister... had lunch with him)
    Paul Martin (former Canadian Prime Minister... had beer with him)
    Gary Doer (Canadian Ambassador to the US... had beer with him before he was Premier of Manitoba, long before he was Ambassador)
    Justin Bieber (friend of mine was a radio announcer at a local radio station, bumped into Bieber in the lobby of the radio station on the way to lunch)
    Chantal Kreviazchuk. (her parents owned the pool supply place where I get my pool chemicals.)
    Brad Roberts & Ellen Reid of Crash Test Dummies fame
    Teemu Selanne
    Izzy Idonje (Chicago Bears)
  • mortla
    mortla Posts: 73
    Options
    1.) Viggo Mortenesen (Aragon on LOTR)
    2.) Thurl Bailey
    3.) John Stockton
    4.) Jeff Hornacek
    5.) Adam West (multiple times)
    6.) Jamie Lee Curtis (she is NOT pleasant) Boy, do I have a story about her:grumble: .
    7.) Montel Williams (before he retired from his talk show)
    8.) Carrot Top (yes, he is that creepy in real life)

I am trying to remember more---might be back later if I can remember any that I am missing...

i wanna hear that story about JLC

and im not surprised about carrot top. dude's just plain weird.

I second that... I wanna hear the JLC story!!!!
  • KurtNilsen
    Options
    Nelson Mandela..............
  • peacefulwhisper
    peacefulwhisper Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Here's my list :)

Rachel Hunter
    Rachel Blanchard ( actually grew up with her)
    DOnny Osmond
    Jack Layton
    Met a bunch of pro wrestlers
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    1. screech from saved by the bell ( i punched him)

This is the third unrelated time I have heard that Screech was a total pr!ck.

My cousin also met him and he was crazy rude and condescending to her.
  • mortla
    Options
    I feel I need to explain the Ice-T meeting. I was in a mall in Schaumburg, IL when I was 5 months pregnant. I was looking for somewhere to sit because my ankles were severely swollen. I was desperately looking for a bench and bumped into a guy. I said I am so sorry. He replied no probably baby. I look right at him and give him a funny look. It took me about 3 seconds to realize it was Ice-T.

Also, massively disappointed to hear Fred Savage was an a**! :(

Not surprised Screech from SBTB was a jerk...
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My fellow Americans will have no clue, but most Brits will know:

Paul Weller
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Lauren Holly (Actress)
    Juan Pablo Montoya (NASCAR Driver)
    Rusty Wallace (NASCAR Driver)
    and several other celebrities (lots of sports people that I didn't pay much attention to) that I can't remember all their names. I worked at an Amusement park in the PR department so I got to meet a lot of people.

I met Reba McEntire several times at her concerts when I had back stage passes.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Prince Charles - came to our house and stroked my dog...true story lol
    Alan Rickman - I had a drink with him
    Very jealous... You officially win. I love snape!!
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    1) John Cleese (legend)
    2) Blakey (on the buses films)
    3) Justin Lee Collins (british comedian)

not many really lol!!:wink:
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Jared Leto.

That's all that matters. :heart:

Me Too!!!!!! It was a dream come true!!!!

And I've met all the guys from Hedley **swoon**
  • mortla
    Options
    i was in the WAKE ME UP BEFORE YOU GO GO video and met George Michael and Andrew Ridgley

Cool! What minute marker are you at?
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i was in the WAKE ME UP BEFORE YOU GO GO video and met George Michael and Andrew Ridgley

OMG - you are seriously my HERO!!! I LOVE WHAM!!!!!!!
  • stormystrickland
    stormystrickland Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Neil Patrick Harris from How I Met Your Mother and Harold and Kumar. He was born and raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico (where I'm from) and his family still resides here. He was shopping at Urban Outfitters with his man at the time. He was nice, didn't say much, but wasn't rude when we asked for a picture.

Harold and Kumar!?! Ahh!!! I'm so jealous! lol

And I've met a lot of people from different famous rock bands, but no movie stars yet! :)
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I must be an old timer here! I worked in a hotel in the mid 70's and met lots of interesting folks: Gene Roddenberry, John Denver, Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Todd Rundgren and other bands, but those are the ones that stand out. I spoke sternly to Joe Walsh when he stayed at the hotel I was working in. He had made a mess of some pie on a night stand and I just told him I hoped he was going to clean that up because there was no way I was going to do it. When I came back later, it was gone and wiped up! It was not a fancy hotel--sort of the Holiday Inn kind of place. I also met Dandy Don Meredith, Howard Cosell and a bunch of NFL guys---the teams used to stay there the night before a game.
    In our travels with the military, we met Bill Clinton and Hulk Hogan. (in SLC airport) Our son met Meatloaf at a job he had at a party center. We also saw Tom Cruise at Yellowstone with his kids. They were all really nice. I met some others that were NOT nice, but I just chalk them up as idiots and don't remember them!
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    Sadly, just Carrot Top...
    not sure if he is considered famous or not
    :yawn:

Lmao that is hilarious!
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that Nelson Mandela and Carrot Top are on the same list of anything. What a funny funny world we live in.

And that I read (most of) this list!!!
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    1.) Viggo Mortenesen (Aragon on LOTR)
    2.) Thurl Bailey
    3.) John Stockton
    4.) Jeff Hornacek
    5.) Adam West (multiple times)
    6.) Jamie Lee Curtis (she is NOT pleasant) Boy, do I have a story about her:grumble: .
    7.) Montel Williams (before he retired from his talk show)
    8.) Carrot Top (yes, he is that creepy in real life)

I am trying to remember more---might be back later if I can remember any that I am missing...

i wanna hear that story about JLC

and im not surprised about carrot top. dude's just plain weird.

I second that... I wanna hear the JLC story!!!!

I guess it is more of a couple stories about her...
    I used to work at the airport---Customer Service. She came up to the counter where there was 2 of us checking in people and giving out boarding passes. She decided she didn't want to wait behind everyone else checking in and she BUTTED in front of about 7-8 people. My coworker and I told her she needed to get in the back of the line and wait her turn. She then proceeded to ask us "Do you know who I am?" To which I said "Yeah, you are the last person in line." She went off and reported me to my supervisor for my smarta$$ comment---and my supervisor said "what do you want me to do about it---she's following protocol:laugh: ." When we boarded the plane she wouldn't even look at me or apologize for her inconsiderate behavior. Later, I was telling my co-workers about this incident and my co-worker said "that's not the first time she's butted in line"...apparently she's known at our airport for butting in lines and being rude....

Also, once when she landed and her plane pulled into our gate she was really mad and came to the customer service counter. Apparently she used the toilet on the plane and her I.D fell out of her back pocket and into the toilet. She was mad because nobody would "fish it out" for her. She kept saying the airline people were going to get it and sell it and make money off it---or if not that, then they were going to "stalk" her home address. She said our airline had horrible customer service for not sifting through the airplanes toilet waste:huh: .
  • ashlee2407
    ashlee2407 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Isaac Hanson... because I sat outside of their tour bus for 2 hours to catch them walking into the venue. This was in 2010. Best day of my life! He was super nice, and always my favorite Hanson :)

Isaac is the nicest Hanson, for sure!! The first time I met them I was just 15 and had a video camera..I said SAY HI TO THE CAMERA..and Taylor said "hi to the camera" my heart was broken...then Isaac came and talked to me forever and made my day much better :)

I <3 Hanson so....:)