Options

Replies

• CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I've Met:

Chris Powell- From Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition
    Tony Orlando
    and Richard Karne- AL From Home Improvement.
  • LetYourLightShine
    Options
    Neil Patrick Harris from How I Met Your Mother and Harold and Kumar. He was born and raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico (where I'm from) and his family still resides here. He was shopping at Urban Outfitters with his man at the time. He was nice, didn't say much, but wasn't rude when we asked for a picture.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama - I've met him on several occasions, and my mum made a cushion for him to sit on for one of his teachings.

Nelson Mandela twice.

Desmond Tutu once

Justice Goldstone (before he recanted!) once.

Will Self once.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama - I've met him on several occasions, (and he blessed my daughter when I was pg with her) and my mum made a cushion for him to sit on for one of his teachings.

Nelson Mandela twice.

Desmond Tutu once

Justice Goldstone (before he recanted!) once.

Will Self once.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Jared Leto.

That's all that matters. :heart:

hm, I'd forgotten about him. Though 'meet' might be a strong word. I did pass one of his body parts over my head while he crowd surfed.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    i grew up in the same town as Rachel Ray, and knew her "way back when..." and have seen her several times since she has become famous. Though *i* knew *her*, i was 3 years younger, so i was more friends w her little brother than her, though i admired her style and spunk, even back then! :)
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Chris Tomlin
    David Crowder
    Jeremy Camp
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I have met Peter Fonda, Jermichael Finley from the Packers, and Kris Humphries. I also touched Lee Brice and Josh Thompson at a concert, and I thought I'd pass out with happiness!
  • LadyKatie2010
    Options
    1.) Viggo Mortenesen (Aragon on LOTR)
    2.) Thurl Bailey
    3.) John Stockton
    4.) Jeff Hornacek
    5.) Adam West (multiple times)
    6.) Jamie Lee Curtis (she is NOT pleasant) Boy, do I have a story about her:grumble: .
    7.) Montel Williams (before he retired from his talk show)
    8.) Carrot Top (yes, he is that creepy in real life)

I am trying to remember more---might be back later if I can remember any that I am missing...

i wanna hear that story about JLC

and im not surprised about carrot top. dude's just plain weird.
  • LetYourLightShine
    Options
    Met 30 Seconds to Mars twice! Once in March '08 and again in November '10.

Worked on the film Safe House so I met Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington :))

When I met Ryan, (I was probably drooling as I shook his hand) I introduced myself and he replied "Hi, I'm Ryan. Nice to meet you." Most celebs probably wouldn't introduce themselves cause they expect people to know who they are. Even though everyone obviously knew who he was cause he was the lead actor of the movie we were working on! Such a nice guy! :)

Ryan Reynolds... YUM! I'm very jealous.
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    Most of you won't even know who this is, except maybe a few Aussies.... I studied German at university with Cornelia Rau last year. She didn't say it was her, but we're all 99% sure it was -- it's not exactly a common name, and she looked almost exactly like her (only thinner).

And one of my friends met Rupert Grint. :3
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Does Simon Baron Cohen count as 'famous'? Or just his less talented nephew?
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    david ortiz (im from the boston area so its even better)
    whoppi goldburg
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have met Marli Matlin (Deaf Actress), Steven Baldwin. Tracy Bird (country singer) mother was my PE teacher in elementary school and he used to come sing to us before he got famous. Also Clay Walker (country singer) used to come eat at the restuarant I worked at as a teenager.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Sly Stallone - Very cool guy and humble.
    John Schneider (old Dukes of Hazzard)...another very cool dude.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Buffet - ran into him in the Bahamas, just chillin at one of the lesser known islands
    Hulk Hogan several times - shopping at Publix, getting his car detailed. He lives nearby.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Steve Nicks, Amy Grant, Isaac Hayes.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Dale Winton, in a gay pub in Covent Garden. I told him his eyelashes were fabulous (fake) and he said "you should see my c*ck". Sadly I laughed like Barbara Windsor. My very camp friend dragged me over and introduced me as his wife, which was embarrassing as it was, he must have thought I was dense for not noticing my 'husband's' sexuality (he was wearing a tight t-shirt with Princess on the front.)

I also said hello to Johnny Briggs who used to play Mike Baldwin (only relevant, as the above, to UK people ) at Manchester airport. I was knackered and thought I knew him from somewhere. He said hello back and asked how I was. I waffled a bit as I remembered who he was and got embarrassed, he clearly thought I had a screw loose but was lovely.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Forgot someone, Edward James Olmos while walking out of my high school on a Saturday morning. He was filming in front of our school for the movie Stand and Deliver. Of course there is also Jaime Escalante (RIP), for those who consider him famous....yes he was my Calc teacher in high school.
  • mpbfmom
    mpbfmom Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Captain Kangaroo (had dinner with him)
    Dennis Miller
    Edie Brickell
    Fran Lebowitz (satirist)

I've heard several famous people speak, but haven't up front & in person met them including: Maya Angelou, Chris Matthews, Cornel West; among others.