Have you met anyone famous?

Options

Replies

• amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    Lance Bass

James Valentine from Maroon 5 and Joshua James were both in my church growing up.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    oh, Montel Williams was a motivational speaker at my junior high before he had a show. I remember the message, "Mountain, get out of my way!" it was about overcoming obstacles.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I went to school with Melissa Etheridge, before she was famous, don't know if that counts!
  • kiely13
    kiely13 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Drew Brees :]
    3OH!3
    Boodock Saint's producer (CB - Chris Brinker), director (Troy Duffy), and Rocco
    Daniel DeSanto
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Richard Simmons,haha,he was odd. John Schneider,from Dukes of Hazzards, OJ Simpson,Joe Nameth.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    He wasn't famous at the time, but I had Yankees Outfielder Nick Swisher in speech class when he was in high school.
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Barack Obama (when he was campaigning). He shook our hands and said a few words to my very star-struck son.
    Alex Trebeck (when I was on Jeopardy)
    Jon BonJovi (my brother went to high school with him)
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I didn't actually meet him but in 2007 I was sitting next to Chris Brown (before Rhianna) in Richmond, VA airport and I had no clue who he was even after all the 16 year olds on my flight told me who he was I still had no clue ( they all wanted to know if I touched him). I remember sitting there really ticked off at this kid next to me because he was eating a bag of chips and was brushing his crumbs all over me and for some reason he would not speak to anyone even the people he was with. There was a woman with him I thought may have been his mother and I almost asked her to switch seats with me. Looking back on it I should of know because of all the girls crying (and one asked for his autograph) and the big guy who sat across from us. Oh well I probably still wouldn't know who he was if it happened again, but to my defense I had just flown down to Richmond the 4th time that summer because my father was in the hospital so I hadn't slept much.
  • RicSnyder
    RicSnyder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Rush Limbaugh
    Played golf with Charles Nagy (Pitcher for Cleveland Indians ~'90-~'00)
    and Santa Claus – several times. Actually he was just at my house about a week ago.
  • Bevbl3
    Bevbl3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    These will mainly be known to UK folks and even they may not have heard of some of them!

Status Quo at Schiphol Airport (told Francis Rossi he was my mum's favourite)
    Bryan May from Queen in a record shop in Newcastle-upon-Tyne (helped him look for a Miracles album)
    Marillion - a friend of mine married Steve Rothery the guitarist
    Anna Ford - newsreader - El_Rapido and I sat in the same row as her on a flight from London to Manchester and she offered me her sandwich.
    Donald Sinden - he told us a joke on an internal flight in Egypt.
    Ricky Warwick - was the lead singer with the Almighty at the time - in the guest area at Donington 1991
    Brian Robertson - (was Thin Lizzy drummer) - guest area at Donington 1991
    Robin George - sang Heartline (looking very skinny - guest area Donington 1991)
    The Quireboys - they used to drink in the pub I worked in in Newcastle.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Ugh, never. I suck at celebrity sightings. And yet, I've dated 2 guys who have both met Steven Tyler while we were dating.

Scratch that...I met that guy from Entourage in SF. I stopped him to ask for directions to a restaurant, and he smiled all slyly. I didn't realize who he was for like 2 blocks. I still have to google him for the name...Kevin Connolly
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Back in the day, my Uncle Jack was the station director for 1580AM KDAY in Los Angeles, so there aren't too many late 80's-early 90's rap/hip-hop stars I didn't meet. And that was all well and good, until I had the ULTIMATE:

When I was in 7th grade, my aunt used her giant brick cell phone from the Grammy's to have the NKOTB call me at my house.

:blushing: :heart: :love: :blushing: :heart: :love: :blushing: :heart: :love:

No more entries, we have a winner.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Dave Hunter came into the restaurant I was a take-out girl at. He got take-out lol.
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Donny Osmond (my fave and very very nice) a couple times, Marie Osmond, Joey Fatone, KC Jones (basketball hall of famer). Alec Baldwin, who put his arm around me for a photo - I have the cheesiest smile on my face in that pic! Got "live" autographs from Mary Lou Retton, Bart Connors, the tennis playing McInroe brothers, and many others I just can't remember. I spoke to Andrew McCarthy on the phone.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    David Crosby
    Graham Nash
    Nichelle Nichols
    Gary Coleman
    Pete Rose (I've met tons of baseball players)
    Mickey Avalon
    Jennifer Lopez
    Marc Anthony
    Santana
    Jaime Jarrin
    Ron Cey
    Eric Gaugh (Drummer from Sublime, after Brad's death)
    Bullet for my Valentine
    Nas
    The Roots
    Fred Savage (They filmed the Wonder Years at my high school. He was a little ****)
    Soleil Moon Frye

My brother has met Huell Howser. I'm jealous.

I'm sure there have been more but I can't remember off the top of my head.
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Back in the day, my Uncle Jack was the station director for 1580AM KDAY in Los Angeles, so there aren't too many late 80's-early 90's rap/hip-hop stars I didn't meet. And that was all well and good, until I had the ULTIMATE:

When I was in 7th grade, my aunt used her giant brick cell phone from the Grammy's to have the NKOTB call me at my house.

:blushing: :heart: :love: :blushing: :heart: :love: :blushing: :heart: :love:

No more entries, we have a winner.

Oh for sure!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and I went to school with Taboo from the Black Eyed Peas. His name is Jaime Gomez. He knocked up my friend.
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    i was in the WAKE ME UP BEFORE YOU GO GO video and met George Michael and Andrew Ridgley
  • mortla
    mortla Posts: 73
    Options
    Jim Caviezel.

Oh, and my cousin is (was) Rue McClanahan. I hung out with her while she was in the hospital in New York. She said Betty (as in, Betty WHITE) came by shortly after. We just missed her... :(

JEALOUS! I am a MAJOR GG fan! Rue was awesome!!!!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I ran into Ronnie Coleman at the Toronto Pro Supershow. (lol at this pic)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxK_LzQXMxxvC8m42nULc1fR-8kzLklvph6tIxi1TjVWiDPPk7QA

I worked for John Parish (grandfather founded Worth baseball, which partnered with Rawlings and got sold to K2 the snowboard people) He owns a aerodrome, museum of planes, and other stuff. Mad rich. Always chews an unlit cigar.

At the same place I worked for Lamar Alexander (senator of tennesee I believe). Had never seen nor heard of a cordless drill.
    220px-LamarAlexander.jpg

Dean Dillon (wrote country songs for brooks & dunn, kenny chesney, george strait, toby keith) Actually pretty normal.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGQ8pk9SRqQ3rb1M9rRpOXCc2YUJLhRK5LR_IsJ79utbOA0GkrRA

Barney Hanes (represented exxon oil in the 80s after their oil spill, sr partner in an atlanta lawfirm of 800 lawyers) Spend days upon days tackling weeds in his driveway with every method imaginable.

This creature. (heidi newfield)
    polls_14_5810_101437.bmp_answer_7_xlarge.bmp

And a number of other country writers, they all came up as a group, none as 'famous' as the 2 i mentioned. I remember about 6 or 8 of them all with their macbooks daily in the lodge writing songs, when they weren't on the beach jamming, or playing by campfire.

They all leased property owned by the first guy on land he owns. They pay about $25,000 annually for it. Some were there less then 2 weeks of the entire year.

The owners son had a cabin worth a good $1million or more, a little ways down the river.