Coffee????

Options

Replies

• 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have stayed with 1 c of coffee in the morning and use the recommended serving of flavored creamer (most are only 35 calories) and have not had a problem with that.
  • TheLazyNative
    Options
    you have to keep hold of the little things you enjoy most. if it's coffee with stuff added in, so be it. try adjusting elsewhere in your plan to accommodate your morning treat.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Stevia instead of sugar?

Some people can do it. I am not one. But it is sweet.

I tried stevia, I couldn't stand the taste either.

I had to try different brands to find one I liked
  • jan_andrea
    jan_andrea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk in mine -- many of the unsweetened varieties are 40 calories per 8 oz, and I use about 1.5 oz in a 16 oz cup. Low carb, low cal, low sugar, and it's very tasty. I've also been using the sugar-free Torani syrups lately; a little goes a long way, and it's nearly calorie-free.
  • jterry03
    jterry03 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You can have my coffee....when I'm dead! Somethings you just don't have to give up....sex and coffee are two!

Agreed :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I use real vanilla extract, unsweetened almond milk, and stevia.
  • Stagezz
    Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I use splenda and sugar free peppermint Mocha...what am i gonna do when i can't find it anymore!!! I stocked up...dang holiday flavors! lol
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I am making many changes with my eating habits and one of these includes my morning coffee. I like it with lots of Splenda and flavored creamer. I have not had any at all since Jan. 1st, but it's killing me! I am trying to stay low carb, low calories. Any suggestions on what are good alternatives to Splenda and flavored creamer? I can't drink it black. Blek! Thank you.

Coconut Milk and Stevia.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    You can have my coffee....when I'm dead! Somethings you just don't have to give up....sex and coffee are two!

Wise man.
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    I drink two cups every morning with splenda and SF flavored creamer. It has not hindered my progress. I think you will be ok :-)
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've recently started putting chocolate protein powder in my coffee. About a 1/4 serving of the one I use is 32 kcals and 7g of protein. Tastes decent too. Got to be careful though, not all will dissolve in hot liquids.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I used to drink coffee with tons of cream and sugar. Over the last year I cut back, to less cream and sugar, to cream only, and now I drink it black.

To be honest, real, good coffee doesn't need anything in it. The secret is to add a bunch of salt to the grinds before brewing, that gets rid of any bitterness.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options

YES! I totally agree...at least on the Coffee part....heh, heh!! My coffee is something I very much look forward to in the morning and I will not give it up, nor will I change the way I drink it. I have three 20-oz cups every day and use 1 TBSP Coffeemate Sugar Free flavored creamer & 2 TBSP FF half & half in each cup, along with some Stevia or Splenda. Best 118 calories I will ever "spend"!!!

If you make this too restrictive and take away everything you enjoy, it becomes too much like a "diet" and not something you can do forever :)
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    There is no way in hell I would ever give up my coffee. I only have one cup and I just use a little half-and-half and splenda.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I am a coffee and tea drinker. I don't put anything in my tea but milk but have sugar or honey in coffee. I drink about 3 cups of tea a day and decaff coffee or two. I don't really agree with sweetners as most of them really make me get the runs, which indicates to me that it is not good for eating.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I use splenda and sugar free peppermint Mocha...what am i gonna do when i can't find it anymore!!! I stocked up...dang holiday flavors! lol

That's what Ive been using too....and i can't find it at the store any more :( I LOVE it! Why can't they keep it year round or get some other good SF flavors? UGH. My last bottle is almost gone!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Try reducing. First switch to raw/brown sugar, if your grocery has a biologic section check there and then switch from a flavored creamer to 1% or skim milk.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I became very ill a year ago with a cancer with no risk factors. After that, instinctively I'm trying to limit the number of Frankenfoods and chemicals that I ingest. I'm not crazed about it, but my coffee is one area where I made some changes. Like you, I used to use Splenda and flavored creamers-- have you ever looked at what those creamers contain? Or drank one by itself-- it kind of burns my throat.

So I went to a bit of sugar and real 1/2 and 1/2. It didn't make my weight go up, it's delicious, and I don't worry about the non-food chemicals that I've taken in.
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the good info guys!!!!
  • glengineer
    Options
    Absolutely agree with this method for reducing, really, anything. Wean yourself off "it" by gradually mixing it with the new "it" you want to get to. For example, my sister was addicted to regular Coke, and I convinced her that (at least) Diet Coke would be better. She complained about the taste, and I told her to take 10 weeks, upping the percentage of Diet by 10 percent each week. After three months she reported that she was at 100% Diet Coke, and happy with the taste.