BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 10

Options

Replies

• lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Being stuck in this hotel room with all my favorite foods has been a bad idea.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Being stuck in this hotel room with all my favorite foods has been a bad idea.

No Lynnie, run away:noway:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Marla - Beat that metabolism into submission! BEAT IT WITH THE WHOPPER WRAPPER! BAM! *smack* I hope you don't have as bad of a food hangover that I did when I did it. :sick: it wasn't pretty.

Lynnie - Lock it up & throw away the key! You are stronger than the food!

Bobbi - It would be a fabulous addition to the obituary. :laugh:

So, here's my gym story copy/pasted from the TurboJam thread (it was a TurboKick class I went to tonight so there's a lot of "lingo" thrown around...) Sorry if not much of it makes sense but I'm too tired to edit very well. Long story short...:

The class kicked my butt! 745 cals in an hour including 5 min. of abs at the end (b/c the rest of the dang class didn't want to do the dance party. Buttheads. Don't they know I already DID my abs for the day. The audacity. ). There were only a couple moves that I'd never seen before & I'm pretty sure they were pulled right out of the sky but they were good, too. I kept up really well, if i do say so myself. The one thing that was odd was that in between sets, she had everyone get their water (which I forgot ) and most of the people literally just stood there. Not many people kept moving. There I am with my weighted gloves, jumping around like an idiot, sweating PUDDLES and people are standing there. I don't think they understood the class very well.

Sooo...and hour later, we finish class and my friend & I go up to talk to her about her schedule b/c (according to Carrie) she's MUCH better than the other instructor. SHE teaches at the other one, too, she's just filling in for the night. BOO! BUT, Carrie walks away & she starts talking to me b/c she "noticed me" (and my dorky gloves). She asked me how long I'd been doing Turbo Kick. Umm...about an hour. So then we start talking about TJ. THEN wanted to know if I ever thought about being an instructor. OH EM GEE! There's a training coming up in my area at the end of March & she could get me $50 off the class fee. Yippy! I told her about my lack of being able to talk while I workout & she said that all that is is practice. She said you learn how to dial it back while you are teaching just enough to be able to shout out instruction. I think I could do that...eventually.

I'm torn about the possiblity of it but the lure of extra $ while I workout is something that really makes my mind spark up. I'll have to think about it....but it is exciting to know that I'm finally at a point in my fitness that someone would even ASK me to CONSIDER it! Talk about going from feeling like the elephant in the room to a giddy school girl. *giggle* *squeal*
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    i love to stretch after, and i've been incorporating some ballet moves/stretches which feel so good. ahh
    i've also heard that some people do stretches when they wake up in am--as their body is warmed from sleep.
    or after shower--same reasoning.
    i know i'm not in the black team, but i like to read your fun challenges. and the more time i'm typing here, the less opportunity to put food in my mouth!

It's okay. We accept honorary members too who just like to read our thread and sometimes do the challenges.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Marla - Beat that metabolism into submission! BEAT IT WITH THE WHOPPER WRAPPER! BAM! *smack* I hope you don't have as bad of a food hangover that I did when I did it. :sick: it wasn't pretty.

The class kicked my butt! 745 cals in an hour including 5 min. of abs at the end (b/c the rest of the dang class didn't want to do the dance party. Buttheads. Don't they know I already DID my abs for the
    Lynnie - Lock it up & throw away the key! You are stronger than the food!

Bobbi - It would be a fabulous addition to the obituary. :laugh:

So, here's my gym story copy/pasted from the TurboJam thread (it was a TurboKick class I went to tonight so there's a lot of "lingo" thrown around...) Sorry if not much of it makes sense but I'm too tired to edit very well. Long story short...:
    day. The audacity. ). There were only a couple moves that I'd never seen before & I'm pretty sure they were pulled right out of the sky but they were good, too. I kept up really well, if i do say so myself. The one thing that was odd was that in between sets, she had everyone get their water (which I forgot ) and most of the people literally just stood there. Not many people kept moving. There I am with my weighted gloves, jumping around like an idiot, sweating PUDDLES and people are standing there. I don't think they understood the class very well.

Sooo...and hour later, we finish class and my friend & I go up to talk to her about her schedule b/c (according to Carrie) she's MUCH better than the other instructor. SHE teaches at the other one, too, she's just filling in for the night. BOO! BUT, Carrie walks away & she starts talking to me b/c she "noticed me" (and my dorky gloves). She asked me how long I'd been doing Turbo Kick. Umm...about an hour. So then we start talking about TJ. THEN wanted to know if I ever thought about being an instructor. OH EM GEE! There's a training coming up in my area at the end of March & she could get me $50 off the class fee. Yippy! I told her about my lack of being able to talk while I workout & she said that all that is is practice. She said you learn how to dial it back while you are teaching just enough to be able to shout out instruction. I think I could do that...eventually.

I'm torn about the possiblity of it but the lure of extra $ while I workout is something that really makes my mind spark up. I'll have to think about it....but it is exciting to know that I'm finally at a point in my fitness that someone would even ASK me to CONSIDER it! Talk about going from feeling like the elephant in the room to a giddy school girl. *giggle* *squeal*

:drinker: Kick some TURBO butt my friend!!:drinker:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    I have eaten everything not nailed down.

Two Reese's peanut butter eggs
    Key lime pie
    Lemon crumb pie
    Bagel with butter
    Bologna sandwich
    Froot Loops
    1/2 egg sandwich
    Whopper/fries
    Two donuts

And I ain't done yet. Blast this metabolism anyway--

Run for your lives, people-- SpongeMarla is beginning to absorb anything that's moving. Be afraid-- be very, very afraid.:devil:

Don't make yourself sick. If you end up eating so much that you throw up, that will not help jump start your metabolism.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    We went and got Harley's 6 month pictures taken today.

6months.jpg

So adorable!!:smooched:
    (watch out, I may just bite those cheeks!!)
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Sara - Yea! for going to the gym. I've never had the nerve to (except for the hotel gym a few months ago).

Jeannie - Good to see you again! We miss you not being on here so much. :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Yea, that work thing is really cutting into my fun!:angry:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Sara!!!!!!! That is totally, totally cool!!!!!!!! I'm so impressed and so proud of our lil' Miss Beans!!!!!

okay-- I'm done for the day-- one and a half plates of rigatoni al forno and a small McDonald's fries later, and I think I've reached my inner food tilt.

I truly don't know that I ate like this for the metabolism, or just to say "F it", pardon my letter, to this body for being so blinkin' stubborn and not rewarding my hard work.

I'm back on the bandwagon tomorrow--
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Yea, that work thing is really cutting into my fun!:angry:

Stupid work. :angry: We want our Jeannie back! Oh, and thank you! :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Sara!!!!!!! That is totally, totally cool!!!!!!!! I'm so impressed and so proud of our lil' Miss Beans!!!!!

okay-- I'm done for the day-- one and a half plates of rigatoni al forno and a small McDonald's fries later, and I think I've reached my inner food tilt.

I truly don't know that I ate like this for the metabolism, or just to say "F it", pardon my letter, to this body for being so blinkin' stubborn and not rewarding my hard work.

I'm back on the bandwagon tomorrow--

As "unhealthy" as it is, I think we all need days like that once in awhile as long as we start right back up the next day the right way! *hugs*
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    And also, Marla, thank you. :smooched:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Sara - Yea! for going to the gym. I've never had the nerve to (except for the hotel gym a few months ago).

Jeannie - Good to see you again! We miss you not being on here so much. :flowerforyou:

The gym was another beast in itself. Oy. The gym rats are amusing. :laugh:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

The gym was another beast in itself. Oy. The gym rats are amusing. :laugh:

A-greed. Every time I'm there, I see a few people that give me a little giggle.

I must have been doing something right because my loss got noticed today...by someone at work who I never thought would have noticed, let alone commented on it. Whoo hoo!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Girl, you've lost 96 POUNDS! You would think everyone would notice! You ROCK, Shuntae!
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Shuntae - Think about it this way, you've lost a whole Hollywood celebrity!
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Sara, wtg, I knew you could do it.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Girl, you've lost 96 POUNDS! You would think everyone would notice! You ROCK, Shuntae!

Thanks!

It's so funny to run into people I haven't seen since college (8 years now) when I was that heavy. Talk about double takes. I have to get some of my pictures from then on here.
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Shuntae, You lost 96 pounds, how does someone miss something like that?:noway: