BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 10

Options

Replies

• jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Janie, Don't you just love those moments. Good Luck with the running.

Marla, That should jump start your metabolism.

Sarah, Good Luck on the running. I have to say I am sore today but it will be worth it. And you are welcome.

Sara, Don't hurt your treadmill to badly today.

Julie, Thank you. I don't ever remember anyone calling me a hero before. I will try my best to keep going. DH said that if at the end of week 1 I am still having trouble with my breathing we will do week 1 a second time. Having asthma really sucks, but I wasn't diagnosed until I was at my heaviest. Hopefully taking weight off will help.

Tresa, Prayers sent.

Amanda, Welcome back.

Southeastern Ohio has a baby spring day going on, I'm headed outside to enjoy it.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    NW Ohio is not quite there yet, Bobbi. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a true baby spring day. *sigh* I miss the outside!

I meant to report in that I did not do my 7 min. of stretching yesterday after class. :embarassed: We got kicked out of the room by the yoga class that was coming in next & I was standing there like, "ummm...what do we do next?" and everyone left! I'm still a newbie. :laugh:

I WILL do better today, though. Today is my toning day so I make extra effort to get all stretched out.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update then I have to run.

So they didn't find anything on the 24hr heart monitor so they've stuck me on a week long event monitor. I explained to the cardiologist that the palpitations had eased off, and in fact are pretty much gone. He asked what triggered them in the first place and I said I had no clue. They just came out of no where and lasted two weeks straight.

I now have doctors orders to get as little sleep as possible and drink as much caffeine as I can manage.

Basically he wants to stress my body out as much as possible to try and trigger the palpitations so they can study them.

Five hours of sleep, 1 red bull and a bottle of diet pepsi later and I'm a vibrating mess. :yawn:
    Yargh.

Going now. Hope everyone here is doing okay.

My scale read 208.5lbs this morning. I about died. I'm sure it's some weird flub but whatever. For today, at least, I am under 210 pounds. Pretty cool stuff.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Nicky- I hope your doctor is able to figure out the cause of your palpitations and help you fix them. And congrats on the weigh-in!

Bobbi- I had been playing around with the idea of the couch to 5K a while back...you've inspired me to stop thinking about it and start doing it! I'll let you know how it goes.

Jeannie- Boo on work!

Tresa- Good thoughts sent :bigsmile:

Sara- That is pretty awesome. You would make a bad-*kitten* instructor!

Andrew- Congrats on being the biggest loser this week!

Amanda- Welcome back, good to "see" you again.

Hope everyone else is doing well too!

I just wanted to thank all of you for your comments yesterday. It's so nice to be able to share the good and bad of this journey with all of you because you get it. Sometimes, I get down on myself because it's taken so long (6 years) and because those last 4 are determined to hang on for dear life...but I am working on remembering where I came from 6 years ago and how much happier and healthier I am without lugging around the equivalent of a small pre-teen. Thank you for being my cheerleaders and that kick in the rear when I need it. Don't get me wrong, my family friends and BF are also amazing, but they don't always GET IT.

:heart: you all,
    Shuntae
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update then I have to run.

So they didn't find anything on the 24hr heart monitor so they've stuck me on a week long event monitor. I explained to the cardiologist that the palpitations had eased off, and in fact are pretty much gone. He asked what triggered them in the first place and I said I had no clue. They just came out of no where and lasted two weeks straight.

I now have doctors orders to get as little sleep as possible and drink as much caffeine as I can manage.

Basically he wants to stress my body out as much as possible to try and trigger the palpitations so they can study them.

Five hours of sleep, 1 red bull and a bottle of diet pepsi later and I'm a vibrating mess. :yawn:
    Yargh.

Going now. Hope everyone here is doing okay.

My scale read 208.5lbs this morning. I about died. I'm sure it's some weird flub but whatever. For today, at least, I am under 210 pounds. Pretty cool stuff.

Come to my house....no sleep, high stress....at your service, my dear!! Plus ample amounts of java!

Your doctor described my life to the T!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Nicky - that weigh-in is great! YAY! At least for today, you are under 210. *hugs* I hope this low sleep, high caffeine doesn't screw with your weight this week. That's the oddest Rx I've ever heard.

Janie - Good luck with the no more coffee challenge to yourself! You can do it! I hope this helps get those lbs. moving!

Shuntae - You are so welcome, my friend! 96 lbs is nothing to sneeze at, no matter how long it has taken. You & you alone have done this & you are doing great! You've even given up diet soda! How much do you rock?!

Off to get my workout in! Woo!
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Sarah,You better get that stretching in:laugh:

Nicky, After a drink of caffeine I'm a mess. I hope they find the cause.

Shuntae, If I can try it, so can you . Besides I'm 20 yrs older, can't let the old lady do it alone.:bigsmile:

Marla, I think you need a vacation. :wink:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    [see below..
  • janiebeth
    Options

Marla, I think you need a vacation. :wink:

Agreed - away from the kids..

Nicky - hope they figure this out soon.. agree with Sara, that is the weirdest Rx I've ever heard..great job with the scale!!

Shuntae - I think it helps to have others that are going through it.. so much more appreciation for what you have accomplished (as I kick and claw for every pound off) :laugh: :laugh:

Sara - is it spinning today? - go, go, go!!!

Bobbi - I think I got in 8 minutes of stretch today - it felt so good after circuit training that I couldn't stop.. besides it is too hard to stretch in the pool - they keep it cool for the lap swimmers, so stretching can be quite chilly. I may try to do some in the locker room - depends on who is watching..:laugh: :laugh:

Back to work :grumble: :grumble:

Wow - not really sure how I screwed that one up... :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • nickybr38
    Options
    Marla, I would gladly switch places with you for a day! It's always nice to see life from another perspective. IF I was married I'd suggest a trading spouses scenario. HAHA.

My day in smilies! BECAUSE I AM SUPER HYPER!!!!

:yawn: 1219_tired_smiley_drinking_coffee.gif :happy: :yawn: :heart: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Could Spring be right around the corner? My daffodils are coming up, there is new growth on the roses. Awww I think I made it. (I know watch us get nasty weather again :grumble: )
  • nickybr38
    Options
    Could Spring be right around the corner? My daffodils are coming up, there is new growth on the roses. Awww I think I made it. (I know watch us get nasty weather again :grumble: )

It's snowing here! Thick, beautiful snow along with a blistering cold wind. STUPID WINTER
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Marla, I would gladly switch places with you for a day! It's always nice to see life from another perspective. IF I was married I'd suggest a trading spouses scenario. HAHA.

:yawn: 1219_tired_smiley_drinking_coffee.gif :happy: :yawn: :heart: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:

I think you'll have the smiley that Jeannie has on your profile up there by the end of the day. The one that's twitching a little bit. LOL
  • janiebeth
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't know - it looks like that coffee was hard to get down, but really agreed with you...
  • nickybr38
    Options
    I seriously hate caffeine and how it makes me feel. Right now I'm bouncing between really hyper, excited and awake and soooo tired and sick feeling. It's horrible/wonderful.
  • Marla64
    Options
    I seriously hate caffeine and how it makes me feel. Right now I'm bouncing between really hyper, excited and awake and soooo tired and sick feeling. It's horrible/wonderful.

I'm so sorry/thrilled for you. :noway: :tongue:
  • nickybr38
    Options

I'm so sorry/thrilled for you. :noway: :tongue:

:mad: :bigsmile: :sick: :drinker: :happy:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a homesick smiley?
  • Marla64
    Options
    Does anyone have a homesick smiley?

How 'bout this?

sigh.gif

Hang in Lynnie-- there, there-- consoling2.gif
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Thanks Marla. I don't know why I am having such a difficult time.
    I feel bad for whining. I'm sorry.