BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 10

Options

Replies

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I :heart: our Black Team! Hope to get on the internet this weekend. If not, talk to you next week!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    You said a moooouuuuuthful!

yes I did but I know I can talk and not get rude awful back talk from people who want to be in the unhealthy weight range because they think that is sexy! smiley-sick029.gif I need that vomit smiley:bigsmile: Thanks Lori!!
  • loreeb18
    Options
    smiley-sick029.gif
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Evening my black team family,

Shame about Elizabeth leaving the site. But if she feels it's best I get it. That's the problem with the internet....Can't have an ocean that big without a few turds floating in it. Personally nobody bothers me. Then again I am VERY laid back and I dont let much get to me. Anyway, about the black team being great... I AGREE. You have to understand that in my opinion we arent just a challenge team but we are all friends. I have to tell you that it is amazing as a twenty eight year old Man to be able to identify with so many different people from so many different places in so many different age groups. We are close because we all want the same things. We all believe in one another and we have already carried each other through so much. We are genuinely invested in one another. From what we have learned about each others friends and family to what we know about each others strengths and weaknesses. We are not afraid to be straight with one another, yet it is always with a respect that only friendship can bring. We are all fighting the same war here. And we know that we are bound together in that struggle. You are all my sisters (and brother Dave :bigsmile: ) at arms now. And you are all some of the strongest, most caring, most interesting :laugh: and just plain good people I have ever known.

This my friends is what this site... and life for that matter, is all about.

:drinker: Cheers to you all:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Shame about Elizabeth leaving the site. But if she feels it's best I get it. That's the problem with the internet....Can't have an ocean that big without a few turds floating in it. Personally nobody bothers me. Then again I am VERY laid back and I dont let much get to me. Anyway, about the black team being great... I AGREE. You have to understand that in my opinion we arent just a challenge team but we are all friends. I have to tell you that it is amazing as a twenty eight year old Man to be able to identify with so many different people from so many different places in so many different age groups. We are close because we all want the same things. We all believe in one another and we have already carried each other through so much. We are genuinely invested in one another. From what we have learned about each others friends and family to what we know about each others strengths and weaknesses. We are not afraid to be straight with one another, yet it is always with a respect that only friendship can bring. We are all fighting the same war here. And we know that we are bound together in that struggle. You are all my sisters (and brother Dave :bigsmile: ) at arms now. And you are all some of the strongest, most caring, most interesting :laugh: and just plain good people I have ever known.

Your wife is a lucky woman, my friend-- lovely sentiments-- except for that part where you throw your age in my face. Punk. :wink:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

Your wife is a lucky woman, my friend-- lovely sentiments-- except for that part where you throw your age in my face. Punk. :wink:

Ditto what Marla said - including the age.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I still feel like a 20-something in my head, it is just my body that rebels...:noway: :noway:

I have to say, I have really been enjoying the stretching, particularly after some pretty strong (for me) workouts this week.. :happy:

Bless you Bobbi, for getting me back to me.. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Have a lovely day all..

Janie
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I haven't been getting in all 7 minutes, but I HAVE been more conscious of stretching so the challenge HAS helped. I went to another Turbo Kick class last night & while everyone hit the door, I hit the floor & did some hard core stretching afterwards! YAY!

I'll BBL to catch up more. Another busy Saturday!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    OH EM GEE I am sooo happy to be home. I lost no weight this week but I didn't gain, so I am hanging on to that positive thought. Lesson learned for next week, keep my food locked in the car, take up only what I need to eat for that meal, and count on being far too lazy to go to my car to get more food.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    22 POUNDS LOST!!!!!!!!!!

I just did my mid-week check-in, I am so happy that I have accomplished this in 10 short weeks.

THANK YOU ALL, YOU ARE ALL MY HEROS!!!!!!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Lynnie, I am glad you are home for the week-end, enjoy it! Only 2 more weeks! Hang in there you can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Amanda-- way to go-- actually, you rather inspired me with the changing of your goal. My goal to lose 50 pounds is in part for vanity and to weigh a certain weight I "think" would be ideal-- to "weigh less than I did when-- blah, blah, blah-- " not heeding two very important things-- my husband's preference that I leave a it of meat on my bones, and my body that's slowing down the loss. Obviously it's rather comfortable where it is. After 45 years of gravity and nine pregnancies, 50 pounds off my frame would make me, yes, extremely thin. But, my poofy belly would almost guaranteed always protrude over my non-existant bust line if I take off that much weight.

So, I think a bit of sense has been restored.

So, I'm now endeavoring to take off 40, and go from there. That would put me at my wedding weight, which I can certainly live with-- and that's within reach. The reduction of stress is crucial to me, too-- so I think I'm gettin' the ol' head together and making some important changes for me.

Heading to work friends-- have a great day!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I would like to just talk about the Black Team and our challenge PLEASE!! Long day.

I have been stretching really well this week. Even made my friend sit down and stretch before we left the gym. She may join and that makes me absolutely giddy!!

I have lost a lot of my flexibility since working out with the trainer.

I am glad you guys reminded me of how important it is to stretch!

have a great night

:flowerforyou: Jeannie

Way to go Jeannie! Keep up the good work.:flowerforyou:
  • jimswmn
    Options

Today was a good day food wise. didn't get to exersice but I will make up for it in the next 4 days I always do.:laugh: :wink:

That poor treadmill...LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    I haven't been getting in all 7 minutes, but I HAVE been more conscious of stretching so the challenge HAS helped. I went to another Turbo Kick class last night & while everyone hit the door, I hit the floor & did some hard core stretching afterwards! YAY!

I'll BBL to catch up more. Another busy Saturday!

Sarah, Some is better than none. AT least it is making you think and that's what counts.
  • jimswmn
    Options

Ditto what Marla said - including the age.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I still feel like a 20-something in my head, it is just my body that rebels...:noway: :noway:

I have to say, I have really been enjoying the stretching, particularly after some pretty strong (for me) workouts this week.. :happy:

Bless you Bobbi, for getting me back to me.. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Have a lovely day all..

Janie

Ditto times 2...LOL

Age is just a number, enjoy who you are now where you are.

Janie, :blushing: :blushing:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Marla, I think that your reasoning makes perfect sense. I weighed 105 pounds at my high school graduation and I know after three kids I won't even get close. I am also glad that you think changing my goal was a good thing, I was unsure about it, but I am sure that I can get there. I am way more inspired.

I did this virual body image thing and the difference between in 180 and 135 is something I can live with very happily. :smile:

I did my stretches today!!!!
  • jimswmn
    Options
    m_2654f8506bb442638bfe06cfdd82344a.jpg

I :heart: BLACK Team!!
  • loreeb18
    Options
    I agree. I used to have my goal at 110 but now I think that'd be too thin so my goal is 120. (forgive any errors. I finally got signed in on dh's iPhone after trying unsuccessfully to the whole drive here.) I can't type much but I'm addicted to mfp- especially our black team thread - so I'll be lurking! :D
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hi Lori! Kiss that baby!