BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 10

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Finally had a great day!! Went to the gym with my friend, stretched for 30 minutes-at least!!

then we went to the beach and de-stressed.

I can BREATH!! and I can touch the ground again. Didnt think Id be able to do that again!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Marla-40 pounds is awesome goal. I am going for 40 also!

:smokin: oh wrong thread.........:blushing:

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Today was a good day food wise. didn't get to exersice but I will make up for it in the next 4 days I always do.:laugh: :wink:

That poor treadmill...LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think sooner then later I am going to need a new one!! :bigsmile: :blushing: :laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Just got back from an hour and 10 minute walk, it was wonderful. Walked / run and picked up garbage! I rode my bike today for my "real" exercise so this was just a great way to spend an afternoon with my kids!

Hope everybody is having a wonderful Saturday!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Bumpety Bump for the oh so quiet black team. Everyone must be having a busy weekend! lol
    Weather finally warmed up a bit yesterday so we took the boys out for a walk on the bike path. Aiden rode his bike and had the greatest time and daddy burned 700 calories in the process so it was a great day. We are looking forward to even better weather today! Anyway, good morning everyone!

:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Bumpety Bump for the oh so quiet black team. Everyone must be having a busy weekend! lol
    Weather finally warmed up a bit yesterday so we took the boys out for a walk on the bike path. Aiden rode his bike and had the greatest time and daddy burned 700 calories in the process so it was a great day. We are looking forward to even better weather today! Anyway, good morning everyone!

:drinker: :bigsmile:

Andrew, I think the break in weather is the reason no one is playing here:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

That tells me I am goign to be lonely come spring!!:drinker:

Great job riding bikes with Aiden. I didnt start to gain weight until my kids did things on their own. I sure wish I had played instead of watched for those years!!

Have a good weekend!:glasses:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Good morning team..

We got out yesterday as well - how could you not - it was 60 degrees and sunny. We went to the beach so my older DD could explore the "intertidal rocky zone" - LOL - one 10 week program at Project Oceanography and now she is a marine biologist - stopped eating fish and everything..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Was awesome though, there was still some snow up high on the rocks where the sea doesn't reach, so we ended up having a snowball fight at the beach. How often can you say you have done that??:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

I don't know, but there is just something about all that fresh air and seeing the ocean.. contented sight....

:laugh: :laugh: had to edit DD from DH - truth is I only have one DH (thank god - he is plenty !!):laugh: :laugh:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    m_2654f8506bb442638bfe06cfdd82344a.jpg

I :heart: BLACK Team!!

I love this picture - looks like the start of a hug - although knowing cats as I do, I'm sure it went downhill from there..

Shout outs:

Marla, Lori, and Amanda - great job resetting goals - I'm still a bit away from setting a serious goal, just know I need to stop the uphill and get to something more healthy. As I get closer I will narrow it down. Glad to know it helps to de-stress.

Jeannie - glad you can move again.. I'm really sorry you got so sore. I would have thought that the trainer would have you doing enough to improve, but not to get so sore.. I think that's what turns people off of fitness. You should definitely feel like you have used new muscles, but I don't think it should be so painful that your normal movement is affect (just IMHO)

Andrew - welcome back.. glad you got out with the boys - can't wait until the rest of the snow melts around here so we can reaquaint ourselves with our bikes.. should be this week (unless we really get the snow and sleet tomorrow - BTW, if we get more snow tomorrow, I am moving to Florida - I have had it..:noway: :noway: )

Sam - my DH found a Sears distribution center yesterday that had the most awesome prices on all kinds of appliances - he said he saw a bunch of treadmills as well. Do you have one near you? Sounds like you could be in the market soon..

Lynnie - enjoy your weekend.. and remember only 2 weeks to go.. just keep the food in the car - locked - and guarded by a giant panther... (I know, I'd find a way in too).. hang tough..

Everyone I missed. thinking thin thoughts for all ..

Have a great day.. Janie
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Two people called in sick yesterday so I ended up on a ten hour shift. When one has had ten hours sleep in three days that isn't exactly an ideal situation. :yawn:

My honeymoon with caffeine has expired. It's just not doing anything for me anymore, no matter how much I consume. How sad.

Heart still beating away strongly. No jumps, or skips, or hops or anything. *SIGH*
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Two people called in sick yesterday so I ended up on a ten hour shift. When one has had ten hours sleep in three days that isn't exactly an ideal situation. :yawn:

My honeymoon with caffeine has expired. It's just not doing anything for me anymore, no matter how much I consume. How sad.

Heart still beating away strongly. No jumps, or skips, or hops or anything. *SIGH*

O Jeez! I remember having a horrible tooth ache a long time ago. Of course it acted up at 2pm Friday so I had to go the whole weekend. Had my appt on tues morning............NO pain! I go into the office anyway and I cant even tell the dr which tooth it was!!

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Okay I am packing up to leave in the morning. I am going to stay more positive this week. I am keeping my food locked in the car instead of my room. I am leaving my room and going to go work out....maybe explore the city. I cannot do this sit in the room and mope thing for two more weeks.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Nikcy, I hope you come off of your caffiene high easily enough,

Jeannie, I hope you have a great Sunday, along with the rest of the Black Team.

I am not sure where everybody got the idea we are all having lovely "spring" weather. I woke up with two inches of snow and while it is true that my family went for a nice walk yesterday and picked up garbage, it was spitting snow and rain on us the whole time. :sad:

When I went out to feed the ducks, chickens and goats this morning though I had to admit the snow is beautiful. :smile:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Lynnie, now that is the spirit, keep your chin up and it will be Friday before you know it! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Where or where is the black team today? Is there anybody around?
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I was outside enjoying the weather and doing last day of week one of couch to 5k.(And my stretching)
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Sam - my DH found a Sears distribution center yesterday that had the most awesome prices on all kinds of appliances - he said he saw a bunch of treadmills as well. Do you have one near you? Sounds like you could be in the market soon..
    :laugh: :laugh: Yeah we have one!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :blushing: :blushing:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    m_2654f8506bb442638bfe06cfdd82344a.jpg

I :heart: BLACK Team!!

These cats look like uma thurman and john travolta in pulp fiction!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    Well when I did my walk this morning it sunshined, spited snow and wind. Couldn't make up it's mind. But am haveing a lazy day other then that. Make sure I'm drinking my water and eating my veggies. :bigsmile: So hope the rest of the black team has enjoyed the rest of their day as well. :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    My day was been good, just back from a 52 minute walk with some jogging and stairs and steep hills. Burnt 392 calories and I feel good. The sun shined here today but not enough to make the snow melt.

nwfamilygal, glad you are having a great lazy day.

Sam, if you didn't beat up your treadmill so much you wouldn't need a new one. You Rock Girl! :happy:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey team-- beautiful day here-- headed out for a run and ended up seeing and catching up with a friend running up the road ahead of me. We took a 4 mile walk instead of a 1-2 mile jog-- and it was great time to catch up.

Busy weekend, but productive-- heading to work--

:heart: :heart: :heart: to my team.