Help! I hate lunges, how can I learn to like them???

Options
12346»

Replies

• beccalc1981
    beccalc1981 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hate them all you want...for now, eventually, when your a** gets rock hard and your pants fit, you'll love them! :)
  • cPT_Helice
    Options
    You don't need to like them. you only need to like the results.
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Music helps.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Start doing heavy barbell squats and then maybe lunges will become your favorite leg exercise.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I try to follow the sexiest lady in the gym while doing walking lunges. sort of takes my mind off the pain.
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I don't really like them... But I grab that barbell and do them anyways! I can feel the burn and when I'm sore the next day I can thank the lunges. They are effective. I kinda hate-love them; they push me out of my comfort zone, which I like. CHALLENGE! :-)
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    [
    If lunges are done correctly, then knees issues aren't the problem. Most people who hurt their knees do them wrong, just like the squat.

EXCELLENT point. Knees should not be affected as much by lunges. I can see people messing up their knees more with squats than anything.
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Someone once told me "Lunges are the differemce between granny panties and thongs." I think of that everytime I do lunges and it makes them seem easier, haha.

I love this!
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    do squats instead...
  • velloxal
    velloxal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It will be much easier watching DVD - team work can do miracles as well as good dynamic music.

You can try to pulse up and down few times which will slowly stretch your muscles.

Shift your mind somewhere else while doing it.

You can't achieve anything without practice.