deleting facebook???

Options
how many of you have deleted your facebook and how many of you have had better results in life by doing so

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Best decision ever.
  • alapoint89
    Options
    Best decision ever.
    may i ask you why
  • cufirst84
    cufirst84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    if i didn't have some many family members on it that i only see maybe once or twice a year...or ones that i haven't seen in years cause they have moved out West... I would have gotten rid of it months ago !!!!
  • alapoint89
    Options
    im tempted to get rid of it but i think its adicting
  • lissa0710
    Options
    if i didn't have some many family members on it that i only see maybe once or twice a year...or ones that i haven't seen in years cause they have moved out West... I would have gotten rid of it months ago !!!!

I am with you on that!
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Best decision ever.

Same here. I quit it in October and I haven't looked back. I wasted soooo much time sitting on my tush playing stupid farmville. Literally, my hip was hurting and it turns out it was inactivity. It gives me more time to exercise, clean my house, do other things IRL rather living a virtual life. Everyone I really want to connect to knows how to reach me (either by phone, email, or text). Every one else, well, adios.

Best. Thing. Ever. For real.
  • alapoint89
    Options
    im officially giving it up till i lose all the weight
  • parrott06
    Options
    I'm 28 years old and have never joined FB. I think it's a waste of time.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'm on it because I have fitness groups on there but other than that, I don't use it for anything else. Seems like a lot of people that friend request me are just drama :)
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    To me it's like anything else in life; it's great when you use it the right way. I never play any games on there. I don't accept friend requests from people I don't know or haven't seen since high school. I don't chat with anyone live there.

But it helps me keep up with my family and friends that live far away. And I love being able to see pictures of my cousin's kids, etc.

Plus I have "liked" several fitness pages (ie, Fit Sugar, Cathe Friedrich) that help keep me motivated.

So to me, those that say it's a waste of time just don't use it properly. It can be great tool. Um, just like MFP----I've read several comments from people saying they "waste" hours on here every day.
  • xonicolette
    xonicolette Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I deleted mine over a year ago. It was causing fights and drama between my fiance and me so we deleted ours. I have lost touch with a lot of people, but I feel that those people have my phone number. We do not have to keep in touch by internet. I have family members that I will just shot a text once in awhile instead of a message on facebook.

Deleting my facebook helped my relationship defantily and has cut out a TON of drama in my life.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    It's a waste of time if you let it be one.

I love the perks of being able to keep up with my family up north. I reconnected with cousins, aunts and an uncle that I hadn't talked to or seen in years. And it is nice being able to chat with them. I wouldn't give that up for anything :)
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    x
  • alapoint89
    Options
    x
    what on earth was that lol
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Never had a FB account as I have seen how its affected several of my friends....some people act like they are stalking themselves.
  • andiecorbo
    Options
    Deleted it months ago and feel so much better. Less drama, more time for REAL life. What a narcissistic piece of garbage that Facebook is! A forum like this one is much more helpful. It serves a purpose. Good to know that other people out there think Facebook isn't all that great.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I deactivated it for a while. I have never been brave enough to delete it though. I feel like without it I will miss a lot of things!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I was a foreign exchange student in Germany, so I use it to keep in touch with my friends around the world (phone calls are WAY too expensive, and time zones suck). I don't use it to play games, though. I HATE getting those stupid Farmville, Mafie Wars, etc invites. They drive me nuts. Just give me contact with my friends and I'm good.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Deleted dramafilled and unimportant people and that works for me. I love using Facebook to keep relatives like my mom up to date with me and the kids since they are far away.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Never had one :) Everybody I know talks about how "pointless it was to have one" or "it was too addicting"

Well DUH! That's why I never got one