deleting facebook???

Options

Replies

• loserforlife
    Options
    how many of you have deleted your facebook and how many of you have had better results in life by doing so
    NO MORE DRAMA
    Best thing I ever did
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I deleted it about 4 months ago and enjoyed the time away. Am back on as of today with a new perspective. Why is everything we do connected to addiction or guilt? Do it and enjoy it or don't if you are too cool.
  • Crazeyone
    Crazeyone Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can't give up facebook I have a group there of fitbit users and lots of them are also MFP users and weare almost 800 strong support group and we do support.
  • diiiimond
    diiiimond Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well, I wont go as far as saying its pointless. Its an awesome way to keep up with family and friends back at home since I am away at school. It's also the main way my school advertises its upcoming social events. However, It can become a time waster and quite addictive.

I just recently deactivated my facebook account, as well as my twitter, because it's such a time waster. I made a promise to myself, that i would reactivate once a accomplish a few of my mini goals... (i.e. lose a good 20 pounds, get a new job.) Just as an added bit of motivation to come on and get these things done.
  • alapoint89
    Options
    its deleted!!!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    its deleted!!!
    Nice work. Now the temptation really begins.

I deactivated mine in September, then reactivated for a couple minutes a few days later. Not going back again.
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I wholeheartedly agree it can be a waste of time, but it's one of the only ways I can keep in touch with a lot of my friends from high school that I never see unless I am at home -- and even a lot of my friends who our work schedules are hard to work in phone calls/ catch up sessions. I'm going to keep it for awhile.

But .. if I need to get stuff DONE I use the selfcontrol app and block facebook :)
  • Kim_08
    Kim_08 Posts: 157
    Options
    Best decision ever.
    Agreed.
  • alapoint89
    Options
    i never talked to many on there just a few folk on mfp and had no family there
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I don't see any need to. Can't see how it would improve my life in anyway as I don't let it have much influence on my life as it is! It's just a website, it's only positive or negative depending on how you use it.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I used to be on it a lot. If you can find ways to balance it in your life, it doesn't have to be addicting. I rarely check it now, and only do because I went to school in a different state and its the only way I can keep track of everyone! Also, it is a lot easier to remember birthdays. With out facebook I would forget a lot of birthdays ;)
  • LovinDJC
    Options
    i honestly deleted mine today!!! so far so great!! Me and My son's dad is working things out and fb was one of our main reasons why we would have arguments! well we both deactivated today - and had a really good day! =)
  • alapoint89
    Options
    oh i failed to mention there is no way of temptation cause my hubby is parental blocking it like i asked lol
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I deleted mine over a year ago. It was causing fights and drama between my fiance and me so we deleted ours. I have lost touch with a lot of people, but I feel that those people have my phone number. We do not have to keep in touch by internet. I have family members that I will just shot a text once in awhile instead of a message on facebook.

Deleting my facebook helped my relationship defantily and has cut out a TON of drama in my life.
    This is something that I will never understand. A website doesn't cause any problems in a relationship that weren't already there, so deleting the website seems more like a "bandaid" than a solution to a problem. Not meant to offend you, or to just you personally, I've seen people say this a lot so it's not directed at you necessarily.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I'm finding that ****ing around on MFP is just as wasteful of my time (when I should be working) as Facebook. I have chosen this over Facebook though.
  • knight_owl
    Options
    I deleted mine for a while, but a lot of my friends live far away, and it's nice to keep in touch and see pictures. Its easier for that reason.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I also find that I talk to more people on MFP because we have things in common. I talk to the people from my youth that I care about via phone and email.... don't really care what happens in other people's lives. My hubby and I are private and would never discuss or air anything out in public. We stick to good old fashioned, in person, private conversations.
  • taijat
    taijat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just deleted mine today. We will see how it goes i beleve that if i don't have as many things to log on to and play with it will help with staying active.
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    What kind of drama are people talking about? I've been on FB since you had to have a school email account to join. I've never had what I would consider to be "drama." I don't understand it. FB is like anything else - it's what you make of it.
  • mdailey93
    Options
    I think it's different for everyone. Some people have a good time on it, and some people let it hurt their real lives.

Personally I spent way too much time on mine. I had a bunch of people that I never talked to and didn't want to talk to on my friends list. So one day I decided that anyone I really wanted to be in touch with had my phone number. So I deleted it. I personally think it was an awesome decision. I waste my time on MFP and a couple other sites now. (: