deleting facebook???

Options

Replies

• munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I deleted it a month ago to have more 'free time' to finish my undergrad. thesis.. Have found about ten other distractions in it's place :(

At least with Facebook, I always knew what my friends were up to!
    One status update keeps everyone on there in touch with what you're doing -as opposed to texting/calling (which kind of wastes more time, since you've got to type up something for each individual).

Don't do it. Or, do it..

S

PS. Apparently my friends set up an exercise group on Facebook -so probably not that beneficial for me to have deleted my account!
  • BandedTriaRN
    Options
    my abusive family is the primary reason I don't like it!
  • MrsKunz
    MrsKunz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Other then loving my contact with the ones i wouldn't otherwise I also get a lot of support with the things in my life. Ever since i decided to do this weight loss more and more people come to me with love and support i love Facebook!

Plus if i don't have it that's just more time(money) i spend on my addiction to Etsy.com
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    how many of you have deleted your facebook and how many of you have had better results in life by doing so

I'm using it to my health advantage lately. I've been posting challenges for my friends to LIKE my status for different exercises. For every like, I will.... do 1 push-up, 2 crunches, 1 minute on the elliptical, etc. It's been a lot of fun and it's even inspired many of my FB friends to get off the couch and start working out too!
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I also find that I talk to more people on MFP because we have things in common. I talk to the people from my youth that I care about via phone and email.... don't really care what happens in other people's lives. My hubby and I are private and would never discuss or air anything out in public. We stick to good old fashioned, in person, private conversations.

I think this is a lost art. People post way too much personal info on FB. I remember there used to be a time that someone airing your personal business was grounds for a beat down! Now folks are airing their own dirty laundry and sometimes with truly unfortunate consequences. No one needs to know your every waking move or your deepest darkest secret. You're not that important.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I use mine on a regular basis but I it's because I live in Ireland and my family live in England. It's by far the most convenient way to see the pictures of my niece and God-Daughter. I also look through status's to see what people are up too. But I only have 57 friends and about 30 are family. Lol.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    To me it's like anything else in life; it's great when you use it the right way. I never play any games on there. I don't accept friend requests from people I don't know or haven't seen since high school. I don't chat with anyone live there.

But it helps me keep up with my family and friends that live far away. And I love being able to see pictures of my cousin's kids, etc.

Plus I have "liked" several fitness pages (ie, Fit Sugar, Cathe Friedrich) that help keep me motivated.

So to me, those that say it's a waste of time just don't use it properly. It can be great tool. Um, just like MFP----I've read several comments from people saying they "waste" hours on here every day.

This.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    how many of you have deleted your facebook and how many of you have had better results in life by doing so
    NO MORE DRAMA
    Best thing I ever did

Agreed.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    To me it's like anything else in life; it's great when you use it the right way. I never play any games on there. I don't accept friend requests from people I don't know or haven't seen since high school. I don't chat with anyone live there.

But it helps me keep up with my family and friends that live far away. And I love being able to see pictures of my cousin's kids, etc.

Plus I have "liked" several fitness pages (ie, Fit Sugar, Cathe Friedrich) that help keep me motivated.

So to me, those that say it's a waste of time just don't use it properly. It can be great tool. Um, just like MFP----I've read several comments from people saying they "waste" hours on here every day.

Exactly how I use it.

Just post 2-3 comments on FB every week to show people you are still alive, limit yourself to about 50 friends (to keep deleting people you don't really want on there), and you're set.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    its deleted!!!

Yay!
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about deleting my primary, and just using my work from home Facebook..
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but I keep my friends list small and don't accept requests from anyone with the potential for drama. That seems to keeps Facebook happy for me

i know lots of people who have had to delete their accounts though due to dumb people.
  • colinmcp
    colinmcp Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Just deleted all my work mates and high school barely knowns...parred it down to about 25 family members and a few key friends. only play scrabble...none of the click games anymore. i have started to use g+ now...but more as a news reader by following people who post items of interest.
  • alapoint89
    Options
    I hated how i found my self on it more than doing anything else mainly all day and now i can start crochetting and other things
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I love to meet my family from all around the world. We already used to send each other hundreds of emails with jokes but what is best here is to see my cousins growing. I basically check photos, videos, read news paper articles and turn it off. I see no addiction (I have no time for it) but got a lot of plaisure from it. I hardly understand how people spend 10 minutes on these stupid games (I mean games were this level 20 years ago). For me this a media, I just switched from email to facebook
  • hlodwig
    hlodwig Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I really like this idea. Good motivation as well for myself! x
  • harrisonsmum
    harrisonsmum Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 years old and have never joined FB. I think it's a waste of time.
    exactly this!!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I thought about deleting my Facebook account, but I found it was a far too valuable tool for keeping in touch with family and friends that I don't get to see very often, as well as chance to reconnect with people I'd lost contact with.

Intially though I spent far too much time on there, playing the silly pointless games. Now though I use just as a means of keeping in contact with people and that works for me - provided Facebook themselves don't do an update that winds me up.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I thought about deleting my Facebook account, but I found it was a far too valuable tool for keeping in touch with family and friends that I don't get to see very often, as well as chance to reconnect with people I'd lost contact with.

Intially though I spent far too much time on there, playing the silly pointless games. Now though I use just as a means of keeping in contact with people and that works for me - provided Facebook themselves don't do an update that winds me up.

I'm the same - I just check in that my 'abroad' lot are doing ok from time to time, normally 5 mins before I got to bed at night that does me. If I didn't have family abroad I wouldn't bother any more (it's a lot quicker than getting onto Skype every night and waffling for half an hour.)
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I prefer Facebook for Fatties... aka MFP :love: