What's your 5k time?

Options
I've been running almost daily for a while now. Just curious what you "non-professional" (aka non-marathon runners) times are.
I'm coming in at around 29 minutes on the treadmill and around 33 minutes outside. My path puts me slightly over 5k at 3.12 miles.

Replies

• kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    About 37 minutes. Right now my speed is actually averaging closer to 34 minutes, but due to weather (read ice on the ground) I haven't been able to properly train or go for 5k straight recently (avoiding ice patches... fun).
  • skump425
    skump425 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I average around 28:15 the past few times I have done it. Haven't gotten a chance to run it outside
  • Mustlovepugs11
    Options
    I did a 5K road race on New Years day and my time was 33.30. During that race I did have to stop at a RR crossing while I waiting for a train to go by so that slowed me down by about a minute but I was still proud of that time! :wink:
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I haven't done an official 5K in awhile but on Thanksgiving my 10K time was 1:02, so I am guessing I was running around 31minutes.
  • mnbakk
    mnbakk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My first 5K time April 2009 5 months after having my daughter was 42:45. Fastest time to date was the day after Thanksgiving 201--25:47 (was chip timed or would never have believed it!) Not really a runner and hate the treadmill but have a bunch of girlfriends who are serious and I am too competitive to be left behind ;-)
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm also curious about 3 mile times. I used the term 5k as a measurement more than an actual race or event.
    Anybody else have 5k or 3 mile times?
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    My first 5K was 27:45 and a week later it was 25:27, in Dec. 2011.I had never run 3 miles straight before, and normally do intervals of run/walk. :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I've been running for 15 years and I'm just incapable of speed! My best was 36 minutes, my worst was 46 - yeah, I know, I could have walked it faster! I'd die of happiness if I ever got a sub-30. And yes, I've tried all the tricks like joining a running club, intervals, hill repeats, tempo runs, sprints etc. I'm hoping getting to my goal weight will have the same effect as putting down a heavy backpack on my speed!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    My most recent 5k time was about 24:00. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Ooops! Sorry...Scratch that post...I am a non-professional marathon runner. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I've been running almost daily for a while now. Just curious what you "non-professional" (aka non-marathon runners) times are.
    I'm coming in at around 29 minutes on the treadmill and around 33 minutes outside. My path puts me slightly over 5k at 3.12 miles.
    I am much faster than that.
    Well, it depends on the flow of traffic and if my car is in good working order.:laugh:

Seriously, you're doing better than me, so KEEP PUNCHING!
  • lovetms
    lovetms Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5k in August and my time was 30:50.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    PR (Nov 2010): 26:45

Most recent (Dec 2011): 28:45

I'm in half marathon training right now so I'm running slow-ish and adding distance, need to take a day next week to try to break my 5K PR.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    My first 5K was Warrior dash last year and I clocked in at 49 mins. But that did have obstacles and tons of mud! The last time I ran I think I clocked in at around 33-35 mins. Not bad considering I occasionally dislike running and Have never ran before in my life till the last 9 months.
  • missamielou
    Options
    Today's time was 28 mins 22 secs :)) xx
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I normally run in it the 26 minute range with my best time on the treadmill being 25:26 and my best out door time being 26:04. This time last year I would have had to timed myself with a calender!
  • kseltzer
    kseltzer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My PB for a 5k was 23:39, set at the 2011 Turkey Trot I did. When I first started running, June of 2009 my 1st official 5k was 30:35. Over the last 2.5 years I have taken 7 minutes off my time and dropped like 35 lbs!! Woo Hoo!!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    My fastest in a timed, chipped race was 33:14. My fastest ever was 31:20. I'm pretty slow. But getting faster!
  • jaded618
    Options
    ive ran a 5k two times now. first time was 35 min and second was 30min. For me i had my boyfriend running with me and it was great motivation to push myself harder!
  • donbet69
    donbet69 Posts: 133
    Options
    32:43 in my first outside 5K on Thanksgiving weekend. It was so much fun I am signing up for 1 per month April through November.

I am also a treadmill runner and found the experience of running with a group and in a competition made me run harder than usual.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My first last March was 29:42, and my best in October was 24:59. Then I started training for speed, got to where I could do a mile in 7:16... and got myself a stress fracture in my fibula. :frown: I can't start running again until early February, and hope to do that same 5k in March again.