How did you meet your significant other?

Options
tabchanges
tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
I like hearing about it!

ANNNNND GO!

Replies

• tabchanges
    Options
    I like hearing about it!

ANNNNND GO!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    a cult
  • tabchanges
    Options
    that's hot, FC
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    My daughter brought him home for me to meet
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Aww, what a cute thread!

I met my SO a month into college during our photography class after a friend told him that I was into fencing. He is a fight choreographer and he thought we could teach each other stuff.

We were both very open and *ahem* firmly believed in free love, so we were just 'friends' for a few months. I honest to God didn't believe in the institution of dating or marriage.

We wouldn't have seen much of each other unless his car hadn't broken down and I had to drive him to school every day. It was just more convenient for us for him to stay over frequently, and then eventually move in. (It took about 6 months to get this old 1980s van completely fixed).

I still say that he 'tricked' me into dating him. :tongue: He forced me to spend time with him and actually open up to somebody. Then, four months into dating, he got me pregnant (I say 'got me' but it really was a blameless thing - I was on the freaking pill for heavens sake). We agreed that having a baby was the stupidest reason to get married, so we are just kind of seeing where life takes us. We love each other, and we love our son - and thats good enough for us!
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    lol...online.
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I met my other half while walking to the liquor store with my best friend on a Friday night and he was driving in his car with his friend. His friend wanted to rap to me but my other half cut his thoat and got my number instead. From there we started talking on the phone and hanging out. Almost 12 years later we have a son together and still going strong....the end... :happy:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    He and his family started going to the same church as me and my family. I was 12 and he 13 at the time. We started dating in High School and now we have been married for 4 years and have a 3 year old daughter. We dated 5 years before we got married, so technically we have been together for 9 years. My husband jokingly says " it has been a long long long long long looooooong time!!" lol Anyway I never dreamed I would end up with him because he was the dorkiest guy I had ever met but now I can't imagine being with anyone but him!! :blushing: ( I know....korny with a K!!!)
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Match.com :blushing:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    We met through his cousin Beth, whom I had been friends with for about 8 years....but I had never met any of her family so I knew nothing about him. He saw my pic and asked who I was, she told me about it.....a few weeks later we met and the rest is history.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    We met at a bar... Fast forward a week or two, when a mutual friend called and asked me that if he called me would I go out with him. I said ok, and we've been inseperable since :heart:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    won her in a poker game
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Our parents were best friends through high school and after...His nana used to babysit me when I was about 3 and he was 2. He used to bite me and I hated him. Went through school together as mostly acquaintances, really. I went away to college, then came back...and we were both coaching, started dating, got married. The End.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    N/A
    :sad:
    just kidding, im not sad :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    that's hot, FC
    ah but it's true but those days are long past as in like 25 years or so ago....maybe a couple less
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    that's hot, FC
    ah but it's true but those days are long past as in like 25 years or so ago....maybe a couple less

hmmmmm....maybe i should join a cult......:smokin:
  • agapita1965
    agapita1965 Posts: 130
    Options
    Church on college campus.
  • Laeci
    Laeci Posts: 12
    Options
    We met in 4th grade, became friends in high school, started dating in college, and got married 7 months ago! Our entire dating relationship was long distance, which was ironic since we saw each other practically every day for nine years in school. It's been quite the journey, lol. And I'm with you, laughingdani - if you had told me in junior high I'd marry this guy, I'd laugh because he was a total dork. =D (Now I love his dorkiness. We're dorks together.)
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    that's hot, FC

ahh but you're already in one...you are a member of MFP right?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    that's hot, FC

do you play poker? :laugh: