How did you meet your significant other?

Options

Replies

• molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby in court. He was the prosecutor in a case where I was a witness. I thought he was arrogant, rude, impatient and down right mean! so I married him, figured he had soo many qualities that I have, it was to good to be true! :laugh:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    lol...online.
    how frightening

Not frightening at all. I met my beloved on line in a chat room. We talked for months and then decided to meet in person. We dated long distance ( he was in Atlanta and I was in Toronto) for almost 2 years until the Canadian government gave us permission to be together. We have been married for 4 1/2 years and he is truly the love of my life.

You know... you can get anything on-line these days....even an awesome husband!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    lol...online.
    how frightening

Not frightening at all. I met my beloved on line in a chat room. We talked for months and then decided to meet in person. We dated long distance ( he was in Atlanta and I was in Toronto) for almost 2 years until the Canadian government gave us permission to be together. We have been married for 4 1/2 years and he is truly the love of my life.

amen sister! :drinker:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    lol...online.
    how frightening

amen sister! :drinker:

DITTO!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby in court. He was the prosecutor in a case where I was a witness. I thought he was arrogant, rude, impatient and down right mean! so I married him, figured he had soo many qualities that I have, it was to good to be true! :laugh:

perfect...:laugh:
  • stephaneyh
    Options
    :glasses: I met my current husband at a Company pic nic. He had just broken up with his long time girlfriend who also worked in our building. She qualified as a Cougar, if you know what I mean. Her daughter worked in my department, and my ex-inlaws also worked in the building. To say the least, it was egg-walking time most days of the work week. On our first date, he told me that he had two kids by his previous marriage, but, he didn't have custody of them and he rarely ever saw them. I was to later discover that in fact he lived within 5 minutes of his ex and his kids and the kids dropped in on him all the time and stayed with him every other weekend and a full week during the summer. When I asked him why he told me such a big lie about how close he was to his kids, he told me that he was afraid I wouldn't date him if I even knew he had kids, much less how often he saw them, because I didn't have any kids of my own. He also told me that he wouldn't have asked me out if I DID have kids of my own. Men have a double standard in almost ever thing they do.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

perfect...:laugh:
    omg that sounds like somebody I know!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I found a newspaper ad for this Christian Dating and Friendship Service. He lived in Upstate New York and worked out the Wal-mart there. We started writing letters and talked on the phone for every day for 6 months, starting in April of 2002, and then he transfered to the Wal-Mart here and moved here to be with me on September 16, 2002, and we got married on April 5, 2003, we have been together ever since and we have 2 kids, Anna Grace, 31/2 years old and Jacob Quint, 19 months old. We are very happy, and I always want it to be that way!!!!!!!!!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    All these stories gives me hope! I know I am only 24 but everyone around me is getting married. I kind of get the feeling im not the marrying type :brokenheart: :ohwell:
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I met her online at a site called Anonidate. It's anonymous as the name suggests, until you give out info of course. You just write a little profile on there.
    It's a site for geeks/gamers and whatnot, and I was really only on there because i was curious about it.
    She messaged me on there during the summer and I talked to her a little on instant messenger but we didn't hit it off until right before we met.

When we met we were just going to be friends but after a month or so we couldn't hold back our feelings for each other. :) We've been happily together for 9 months now!

She's also 10 years older than me so my parents weren't too happy with that... :laugh:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    In the ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were both stationed in Ft Campbell KY a loooooooooong time ago!! :laugh: And now our daughter met her hubby in the ARMY as well!!!!! It figures...:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    If I just do something about how easy it is to get a restraining order....:grumble:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: I was the athletic trainer for the Mr's Minor Pro Hockey team! Our 5 year is coming up this month!:heart::heart:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    This is fun!:laugh:
    My best friend dragged me to a reunion potluck picnic because she was stalking a guy...
    Hubby-to-be had just driven all the way home across country on Navy leave & his mom dragged him to a reunion potluck picnic she'd organized...
    That was 33 years ago!
    :love:
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    All these stories gives me hope! I know I am only 24 but everyone around me is getting married. I kind of get the feeling im not the marrying type :brokenheart: :ohwell:

I'm right there with ya
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Met my baby on WesternMatch.com.....he moved here from Texas 16 months ago :smooched:

56259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options

I'm right there with ya

I agree with both of you except I'm 30 with 2 kids but still..........one day maybe
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Had a flat tire...back then he worked at Discount Tire. This August will be 7 years and 3 beautful kids.

On a bad note...mother-in-law from hell!!
  • cpunkin79
    Options
    Daytona Bike Week, 3 years ago!!!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Well techincally we met online..when I was 15 he was about 17 I saw that he had viewed my "subprofile" on AIM and I IMed him and asked who this was...and it began from there..:smooched:

Come to find out, we are closer than what we thought! My sister had worked with his mom and we saw each other a couple of times when we were younger but I couldn't remember ...I actually thought he was stalking me when he asked .."is your sister...", "is your nephew..." :huh:

Then our first date was at a basketball game and it was love at first site..:love:

it was 5 years Jan 10. :bigsmile:

He can get on my nerves pretty bad.... but I still love him!:heart: