How did you meet your significant other?

Options

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Our parents were best friends through high school and after...His nana used to babysit me when I was about 3 and he was 2. He used to bite me and I hated him. Went through school together as mostly acquaintances, really. I went away to college, then came back...and we were both coaching, started dating, got married. The End.
    this may be a bit personal but have you gotten used to the biting now?

Yes. And I bite back now! :devil:

Actually, when he would bite me at his Nana's and Nana found out, she would say, "You bite him back!" She said I would just look at her and say, "Noooo nana....it hurts!!" I didn't want to hurt him even though he was totally being a d-bag to me. haha.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    HA HA HA! I rarely read these posts, and this one caught my eye. LOVE IT!

My story is WAY too long to tell and would need at least a bottle of vino... and I only have a glass, so I won't bore you all. Just know this... we went to the same college, but he's 5 years older so I never knew him, but we had some cross over friends. We met at a homecoming game... he was 30 and I was 25. He told his best friend that I was the girl he had been waiting for his whole life... and that he was going to marry me. 8 years later we went on our first date. That entire time I never had a clue he was interested in me. I was trying to set him up with different single friends I had... then he moved to Florida and I was still in Oregon. He flew me to LA for dinner for our first date... I was hooked after that.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    When I was a little kid, before I even started school, he lived about 3 houses down and I played dolls with his cousin Kay. My sister and Kay would always tease us and sing that stupid song "Charlaine And Brandon sitting in a tree, k i s s i n g....." We would both run home crying. Then when I was 9, we moved away. About 16 years later my sister came over and said that Kay was at the store by my house and asked if I wanted to go see her. I said sure but she would have to take me because I would never recognize Kay. She I went and I happened to ask about her cousin, I couldn't remember his name but I remember being teased. Then about 2 weeks later Kay brought Brandon to my house. The entire time he was at my house I was dogging men, I had no make up on, I was in a big house dress and looked TERRIBLE! Then the following night he came BACK by himself and asked me out. A week later he asked me to marry him. We will celebrate 17 years in August!!!!

Memaw
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    We went to high school together. I was class sweethearts with another for almost all of high school, and then I dumped him for my husband now.:blushing:
    We were band geeks together in the marching band!:laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    When I was a little kid, before I even started school, he lived about 3 houses down and I played dolls with his cousin Kay. My sister and Kay would always tease us and sing that stupid song "Charlaine And Brandon sitting in a tree, k i s s i n g....." We would both run home crying. Then when I was 9, we moved away. About 16 years later my sister came over and said that Kay was at the store by my house and asked if I wanted to go see her. I said sure but she would have to take me because I would never recognize Kay. She I went and I happened to ask about her cousin, I couldn't remember his name but I remember being teased. Then about 2 weeks later Kay brought Brandon to my house. The entire time he was at my house I was dogging men, I had no make up on, I was in a big house dress and looked TERRIBLE! Then the following night he came BACK by himself and asked me out. A week later he asked me to marry him. We will celebrate 17 years in August!!!!

Memaw
    a week later..wowza
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My now mother-in-law introduced us after my first hubby cheated on me and we were in the process of a divorce.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    At a July 4th party.
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    matchmaker .com 7 years this may...and everyone said he was a serial killer:love::love: he kills me with the best hugs ever...:blushing:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    matchmaker .com 7 years this may...and everyone said he was a serial killer:love::love: he kills me with the best hugs ever...:blushing:
    so far so good then...
  • kym_lewis08
    kym_lewis08 Posts: 393
    Options
    Myspace :blushing: She is honestly my biggest blessing.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby online.. perhaps you've heard of the website??

MFP!!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    eharmony.com
    He lied to his parents and said we met through friends. We got engaged after 6 months and then he finally admitted to his parents that we'd met online!
  • danigirl
    danigirl Posts: 17
    Options
    Hahaha....Jon and I met online about 6 years ago and I was the one to tell my mom we met through friends. She still doesn't know! I thought he was a big nerd too, but now he's my big nerd! Awww.....
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    wow! I love hearing these stories. I can't wait til I can tell you guys about mine.

HURRY LET'S FIND ME ONE! *searches*
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    wow! I love hearing these stories. I can't wait til I can tell you guys about mine.

take your time, Hon you're only 23... good ones come along but patience my dear, some are a waste of time so you don't want to just simply jump in something. Many are good men, but it takes time and you will find exactly who you are meant to be with!

I was really young in my 20's when I met my first hub... we were friends that probably really didn't need to get married... but I didn't realize that at the time but with each lesson in life we learn.. I learned alot from that experience and we are friends still even through the bumps along the way.

I love having male friends... g/f's are great but nothing like guy pals to hang with..:drinker:
  • Manda86
    Options

It'll happen - probably when you least expect it!

J found me only after I'd given up looking.

Mr. Right's out there, waiting for the perfect timing. :smile:

:heart: Manda
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

that truly is how it works, when you are 'hunting', men sense that as well as women sense that in men when they are doing the same thing.

Once you feel good about you, you lose that urgency and are much calmer about it and it shows, we all give off something, self confidence is very alluring... desperation is not attractive (not saying YOU are...just saying is all) and others sense it.

It is so true once you stop looking and chill a bit, men are knocking on the door like crazy... funny how that works!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

that truly is how it works, when you are 'hunting', men sense that as well as women sense that in men when they are doing the same thing.

Once you feel good about you, you lose that urgency and are much calmer about it and it shows, we all give off something, self confidence is very alluring... desperation is not attractive (not saying YOU are...just saying is all) and others sense it.

It is so true once you stop looking and chill a bit, men are knocking on the door like crazy... funny how that works!

ya right...NOT
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I met him online. But it was a University related website. We went to the same school and even lived in the same residence! We met in person later the same day :flowerforyou:
  • Manda86
    Options
    Once you feel good about you, you lose that urgency and are much calmer about it and it shows, we all give off something, self confidence is very alluring...

Totally agree, FC!