Any other pale girls out there?

Options

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I love my naturally pale skin. I'm so thankful for it. Aesthetically, I just cannot comprehend why people find cooked skin to be attractive. Tans remind me of turkeys that have been baked in the oven, it's just kind of gross to me. Don't get me wrong, naturally dark skin is beautiful. It's the cooked skin that I object to.

I have not read through the entire post and I'm sure multiple people have been informative on the fact that tanning beds are extremely dangerous and cancer causing, so I won't preach about that.

Learn to love your pallor! Like I've said, who's more attractive, Snow White or an Oompa Loompa?
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    pale is the new tan. didn't you hear?

i'm a natural ginger. no hope for this white chick. but i think i would look funny tan :-) own it girl
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I'm pale, and turn lobsterish. My late Momma used to chase me around with sunscreen when I was a child, and I'd be so angry, because I wanted to tan. I wish I could thank her for it now. Sunscreen is so much cheaper than wrinkle cream.
  • Sherrygunnabefit88
    Options
    Own it! Pale's beautiful:smile:

What she said, Im beyond pale I've tried the tanning beds (which are not good for you) and the fake tans (pain in the but) I just embrace the fact that Im pale and my skin is healthy.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with being pale? I'm so white I glow in the sun. It means you've managed to keep your skin healthy and out of reach of the sun's damaging rays. I'd say that's a badge of honor if nothing else :)
  • 8bitAlina
    8bitAlina Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Pale and see through, that's me. I try not to go outside during the day much, constantly wear sunscreen as I can burn in as little as a few minutes in the sun. The times I HAVE gone out in the sun and burned, I went bright lobster red and then peeled immediately the next day. I love my paleness, goes well with my dark hair and eyes :)
  • laurenrenee1025
    Options
    I used to tan in my early twenties, and it worked...but took months!! I started really slow. Now I'm too afraid of wrinkles since I"m almost 30. I have used the machine spray tan, and it was just ok, but lasted about 8 days. I am hoping to try having someone actually spray me this year.
  • Sherrygunnabefit88
    Options
    pale is the new tan ;)

i am anti- tanning beds!!! embrace the paleness lol

I am also anti-tanning beds. I tried them and I wouldn't even get tan. I guess Im just meant to be pale
  • melmaus27
    Options
    I'm with everyone who says DON'T tan. I tried the tanning bed several years ago and thought my skin felt like leather afterward, even though I didn't get any real color. I found that when I stopped eating foods with any preservatives and did a purification process that included taking Niacin to get rid of the radiation from past sunburns that I didn't sunburn nearly as easily as I used to, though I have ALWAYS tried to use sunscreen as much as possible. Now, I will get a nice glow if I'm in the sun for small increments, but living in CA I always try to wear a hat and even long sleeves to avoid long-term damage - including those nasty wrinkles women get on their chests and of course, crow's feet. LOVE being pale - we pale women age MUCH MUCH better and generally look much younger as the years go by.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I am pale and I used to hate it. I tanned A LOT last year and ended up getting a weird spot on my face that never appeared until after I was repeatedly exposed to indoor tanning.

I like how you say you don't want to tan for your whole life - do you think that matters? There are several people who smoke cigarettes for X amount of years and quit, but may still develop lung cancer down the road. They didn't have to smoke their whole life for this to take place.

Do whatcha want, but be prepared for what may happen to your skin and health as a result of indoor tanning. Like pretty much everyone else said, you should embrace your pale skin and take good care of it. You'll be happy you did as you start to get older....

It sounds like you have your mind made up already though.

smoking is an addiction, not even close.
    tanning can become an addiction too. I don't think you're getting my point though. You say you want to tan for just a little while. It doesn't take much to get skin cancer. Same with people who only smoke cigarettes for awhile and then develop lung cancer. That's all I'm saying.
  • cnflet2
    cnflet2 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm pale too and my boyfriend has some native American in his background so he tans really easy and sometimes gets a little red to his tan. My friends all tell me I look albino in the summer photos of us standing next to each other.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Learn to love your paleness! :heart: Your skin will thank you for it.

Yep. I *DON'T* sun-worship... & I've had skin cancer TWICE already! I ALREADY have age spots that I've had removed by CO2 Laser, (NOT comfortable: you are burning OFF a layer of skin). Yep. I am a permanent member of the SPF60 club! Every day!
  • amberly2008
    Options
    I'm pale but tanning beds are bad for you. I got a spary tan done once and loved it. Only wish I could afford to do it. I love my paleness sometimes though till I get a sunburn but im a ginger so i get freckles lol :p
  • gailashton
    Options
    I actually don't mind being pale, however when I want some color I swear by banana boat deep & dark or Hawaiin Tropic foam. They actually make one for lighter skin tones. No one knows this isn't real and I have no base tan at all. It goes on really well, you just have to be careful around your feet and ankles, wrists and hands. I use a scrubbie sponge after I'm done between my fingers, finger tips and underside of my wrists. Always slough and buff beforehand. I use it 2 days in a row then slough and do it again whenever I want to be tan. I am telling you no one knows it's not real. Stay away from tanning bed and sun not only for the obvious reasons, i.e. skin cancer, but it also causes premature aging of the skin and you lose elasticity in your skin as well. I hope this works for you. My bestie was getting sprayed professionally once a week at $30 a whack and now she buys the bottle for $6.99 at Walmart.
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm extremely fair. Blonde hair, blue eyes, white white skin... "peaches and cream" is what beauty therapists call it. "fright white" is what one ex boyfriend called me. I did a survey on FB of my friends cos I was thinking of getting a fake tan (but scared to turn out oompa lumpa orange)... they told me not to. That apparently I'm pretty the way I am... Mind you, that does not help when I live by the beach, am terribly white, do not tan and everyone around me is brown and gorgeous. Most intimidating at the beach... :/

I would say natural is beautiful.... so if you get a fake tan, have it natural looking. Not orange looking. You don't want to look like a fraud ;)
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    I'm pale too and my boyfriend has some native American in his background so he tans really easy and sometimes gets a little red to his tan. My friends all tell me I look albino in the summer photos of us standing next to each other.
    My husband is Mexican/Native American and I get the same comments during the summer!! I'm Irish so even when I do go outside without sunblock (which is VERY rare and usually only because I woke up late), all I do is turn lobster red.
  • AmyJo54915
    Options
    I'm a fair skinned redhead....I burn, I peel, I'm white again. I gave up. If I really want some color, I use lotion, but I now embrace my paleness. My dad had skin cancer last year, and I don't want to end up in the same boat. I protect my skin at all costs.
  • AmyJo54915
    Options
    I am pale and I used to hate it. I tanned A LOT last year and ended up getting a weird spot on my face that never appeared until after I was repeatedly exposed to indoor tanning.

I like how you say you don't want to tan for your whole life - do you think that matters? There are several people who smoke cigarettes for X amount of years and quit, but may still develop lung cancer down the road. They didn't have to smoke their whole life for this to take place.

Do whatcha want, but be prepared for what may happen to your skin and health as a result of indoor tanning. Like pretty much everyone else said, you should embrace your pale skin and take good care of it. You'll be happy you did as you start to get older....

It sounds like you have your mind made up already though.

smoking is an addiction, not even close.
    tanning can become an addiction too. I don't think you're getting my point though. You say you want to tan for just a little while. It doesn't take much to get skin cancer. Same with people who only smoke cigarettes for awhile and then develop lung cancer. That's all I'm saying.

My parents were both addicted to tanning...they would go use the tanning beds and lay out in the sun for hours on end. Since my dad's skin cancer, they don't do that anymore.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I :heart: my milky white skin!! Ok, it's not that white, but I do love my skin color!
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options