30 DAY SHRED, ANYONE WANNA JOIN ME?

Options

Replies

• sarahliz14
    Options
    Just did day 1 after a nice workout at the gym and I'm feeling great!!:)
  • melissa_leah
    Options
    Gonna start it (again) today!! Gotta stick with it this time & carry that DVD around in my purse and do it every day! haha!
  • larahackney
    larahackney Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2. Owwww. This time Im all stiff and just walking hurts, but no pain no gain so hey ho :D, and I did it all, even though my muscles were sore from yesterday, We can do this.
  • Breezy0810
    Options
    Today is day 4 for me, I was miserably sore yesterday but today I'm barely sore at all!! :) Makes me feel so much better, I was worried that at day 10 there was no way I could move up to L3.
  • krys120
    Options
    OK - I'm in with you all, but I don't have Shred; I have Ripped in 30 and The FIRM Ignite, so I'm alternating between the Ripped in 30 workouts and the Ignite workouts. (yesterday was Ripped; today was Ignite) In addition, I'll be following my regular FIRM rotation, so I should end up with about 1.5 hours per day of working out for 5 days, then Saturday is regular FIRM and Sunday is rest. I took my measurements on Sunday. I want to see some progress!!! :-)
  • regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    So today was day 3 for me and I backed off a bit......my legs are so sore I can barely walk after I have sat for a couple minutes....glad to hear I'm not the only one that is sore to start but I'm not sure being that sore is good for the muscles or not....I still did the whole workout but took it easy on the jumping jacks and butt kicks...I think that is what's killing my legs....I know no pain no gain but a girl has to get to work and be able to function as well lol....looking forward to day 4!....glad to hear it does get better!
  • lilithe1
    lilithe1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Did day 2 last night. I kept waking up in the middle of the night because I was so sore that any time I rolled over, I felt it and woke up. LOL!

I definitely feel it in my abs. I don't want to say you're doing it wrong, but the thing about abs is that you can always increase the intensity by changing your leverage. Try holding your legs straight out while you do them... that'll make them burn. :)

Today I am sooo sore still. I am doing hot yoga in about an hour and a half. Not sure if I will do 30DS tonight. Is everyone else doing this every single day straight?
  • sarahliz14
    Options
    I'm going for the 30 days straight, hopefully!:) Did my day 2 and feeling great:) Arms and abs were sore today but not unbearably so.
  • glo_79
    glo_79 Posts: 37
    Options
    I am on day 4 (level 1) I plan to do this every day. I don't feel nearly as sore now as I did after days 1 & 2.
  • jessww
    jessww Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm so down in doing the 30 day shred with everyone here. I just started on Monday and I'm on level 2 day 2. I feel the burn and sweat like a DOG...BUT it feels amazing after (: I started awhile ago in decemeber and went solid for 3 days. My legs were legs of STEEL. Which amused me and made me happy (: I did stop thought because of Christmas and exams though ):

(also new to the forums and staying serious on my weight lost. Wish me luck and add me as a friend for support ! <3)
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Well i started 30ds in december and i take one day off a week. I took before pics but i didnt take measurements i should have. Im currently level 2 day 9. Sweating like a beast an hating it some still. Im 5'3 and was about 183 at the beginning.
  • mav1181872
    mav1181872 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do you log 30 Day Shred, 1st week as far as calories burned?
  • tswapna
    Options
    S I want to join
  • Banannafish512
    Banannafish512 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I took today off because my legs could barely carry the rest of me...and I was going home, where I ate more chocolate than I should have.

Do you know what books of Jillian's are good for nutrition?

Planning on getting back on the horse tomorrow...
  • tmandras
    tmandras Posts: 22 Member
    Options

wondering the same! anyone??
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I will join since I already have the DVD, but I will be doing a modified version (No planks).

I have done it before and although it was fun and I saw instant results, the exercises put a lot of stress on my knees. Then, I injured my left knee in my first 5k and then reiunjured in my 2nd 5k.

Im ready though, lets do it!
  • How do you log 30 Day Shred, 1st week as far as calories burned?

I logged mine with my HRM but I've seen others use interval or circuit training?
  • lilithe1
    lilithe1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Everyone here seems to use Circuit Training - 20 minutes.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Starting today! Very excited! Need so
    e friends so please add me :)
  • eeslee
    eeslee Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred too. Just finished day two of level one today. Actually did the shred a few months back, got up to day one of level 2 and gave up. This time around I am determined to follow this through. I find it a great workout and it fits into my life which is great.

Day one killed me, but day two felt a little easier today, remarkable how the body adjusts.

Feel free to add me.