What kind of breakfast keeps you feeling full?

Options

Replies

• jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I used to eat high fiber oatmeal for breakfast everyday -- and within an hour I'd be starving again!

I've switched over to 2 hard boiled eggs, white only (I know the yolk has a lot of nutrients, but I can't handle the texture!) and one slice of whole wheat bread, and a cup of coconut milk. It keeps me full for hours!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I have to have LOTS of protein and not so many carbs. If I eat carbs first thing, then within 2 hours, my blood sugar will crash and I get sick. Protein = no crash and no hunger for a few hours.
  • angiek2322
    angiek2322 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    honey roasted peanuts and a piece of cheese.......

I'm a creature of habit too:)
  • KBrushing
    KBrushing Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Isagenix Protein Shake (chocolate or vanilla) with banana or peanut butter added. Keeps me going until lunch.
  • TriforceRaven
    TriforceRaven Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    If I HAVE to have breakfast for some reason, I usually just go with a string cheese. Sometimes a banana with that. Very filling imo and usually less than 100 calories.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    my favorite is eggs...I toss 2 eggs, half a bell pepper, green onion, mushrooms and a slice of soy cheese in the microwave and tada! Fast and filling
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Eggs and veggies
  • lilibean01
    lilibean01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great ideas -- I may go back to eating egg whites again, because those did keep me feeling fuller longer. I used to make egg white scramble on a bagel thin, with a lean canadian bacon slice, and a small slice of cheddar and mustard. That could keep me full well until lunch time. Also, I keep reading about chia seeds. I just might try them. I've heard they are great for energy, too, and that a lot of endurance sport athletes and ultra marathoners swear by them. Since I'm heavily into running and want to do better in my half and full marathons, maybe it's time to break out of my comfort zone and try something new.

And, I'm sure it would be beneficial for me to throw more fruit and berries into my breakfasts.... Some vitamin C to help the body absorb the great nutrients in the whole grains. Hmmmmm... I think I need to work on a breakfast overhaul in 2012 LOL. Thanks for sharing, all!
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and 1L of water to drink (four cups)
  • 23Brandy
    23Brandy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree with the scrambled eggs-one whole egg plus one white cooked in Pam with cheese and salsa. Lots of coffee!:smile:

I have read to never eat your fruit with a meal, so I always eat my fruit as a snack between meals. Frozen blueberries, an orange, 2 dried plums, Granny Smith apple, small banana, 2 or 3 fruits a day.
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup Steel Cut Oats w/blueberries and Splenda Brown sugar blend. This will keep me full for 3-4 hours.
  • Coramae09
    Coramae09 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm an egg eater too :-) I like to make "egg cups" by filling a muffin tin with egg whites, crumbled turkey sausage and a lil cheese and baking that. Its an easy way for me to have a quick hot breakfast and easy portion control its less than 100cals for one so I will have toast or fruit with that too.
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have a cup-o-joe first thing, while getting ready.
    I quarter up an apple for the one hour commute. Love Fujis or Braeburn.

At work, I take a break around 8ish and have one of these breakfasts:

>>Egg Beaters, and a slice of high protien toast (Love Arnold's high protein whole grain!)

>>Kashi Hot Cereal made with 1% milk, banana, walnuts and a few raisins

>>Kashi Go Lean Berry Crisp or Almond Crunch and the 1% milk

>>Greek yogurt and some fruit.

I agree with others, you have to find the right combination of protein and fiber, with just a little of some good fat.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I like the idea that Kashi has, but it tastes like twigs to me. I want to get as much protein and fiber in my diet, but I can't really eat a whole serving size of this stuff before I give up and find something else to eat.

Eggs are my favorite breakfast for feeling full. I like to boil a bunch of them on the weekend and peel and eat them on the weekday mornings before work. I also like scrambled on the weekends.

Sometimes I will eat an apple with breakfast, just because it is yummy and generally appetizing in the morning.

I can't eat most cereals for breakfast, because about 10 minutes later I'm even hungrier than before I ate the cereal.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'm an egg eater too :-) I like to make "egg cups" by filling a muffin tin with egg whites, crumbled turkey sausage and a lil cheese and baking that. Its an easy way for me to have a quick hot breakfast and easy portion control its less than 100cals for one so I will have toast or fruit with that too.

I love turkey sausage. I might have to try this soon.
  • angiek2322
    angiek2322 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    gotta have my coffee too....with half and half. it's my reward after working out:)
  • christinehay78
    christinehay78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with a sprinkle of wheat germ. So filling!
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    LMAO oh that's just wrong! LOL
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Bacon and then eggs cooked in the leftover bacon grease. Srsly I can't eat til dinner if I have that for breakfast. :P

LMAO that's just wrong! That was what my previous response was for. LOL
  • santamommy
    Options
    I eat sausage and eggs with whole wheat toast..550-650 calories...I make breakfast my biggest meal and most sinful meal of the day. :) I can usually go past lunch without being hungry.